An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Do People Register On Pm And Then Never Post?

zunshynn

I think some people join just for the sake of saying they're on Phatmass.... Either that, or they (unlike us) actually HAVE lives....

Maybe they're aliens...?

or.....

Normal!!!!! *gasp

Edited by QuoteMan

Maybe that's part of it. ;) But they've done that since long before you joined.

I hypothesize that they're all actually the same person, and just like there are those that try to rack up their post count on the lame board, this person is trying to make the most PM usernames so he can make it into the guinness book of world records.

Hassan, is it you? Is that what you do when you're waiting for someone to argue with your next post on the Debate Table? ;)

Edited by zunshynn

[quote name='QuoteMan' post='1910919' date='Jul 4 2009, 05:45 PM']I think some people join just for the sake of saying they're on Phatmass.... Either that, or they (unlike us) actually HAVE lives....

Maybe they're aliens...?

or.....

Normal!!!!! *gasp[/quote]

They probably have less of a life than we do :o I know it doesn't sound possible, but it just might be the case. Because they're the ones wasting their time making usernames they'll never use. :rolleyes:

But, who wouldn't want to be able to say they're on Phatmass? :lol:

Maybe they're phatmassers that decide they want a new screen name, but then when they realize how lame it would be to have to start ALL OVER, they change their minds. :hmm:

I'd like a new screen name. But I don't want to start all over. I'm too lazy. Even though I have no life.

CatherineM

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1910920' date='Jul 4 2009, 06:49 PM']Maybe that's part of it. ;) But they've done that since long before you joined.

I hypothesize that they're all actually the same person, and just like there are those that try to rack up their post count on the lame board, this person is trying to make the most PM usernames so he can make it into the guinness book of world records.

Hassan, is it you? Is that what you do when you're waiting for someone to argue with your next post on the Debate Table? ;)[/quote]

Phatmass has a policy against people re-upping under other screen names. Sometimes people who are gone for awhile forget their passwords, and it is easier to do a new screen name so that they can PM someone for help.

icelandic_iceskater

I joined, forgot about the site, then came back a couple years later & became addicted. Maybe they'll do the same thing! And wonder why they wasted so many years not posting on phatmass. :yes:

Lounge Daddy

My sister, Fonzmonster, joined because I talked her into it. She posted a few times (and wasted no time in getting into a debate). But she just generally didn't find the whole on-line forum thing interesting, so she kinda dropped out after only few days.

IcePrincessKRS

A lot of people register but only lurk and never post. The could be reading this RIGHT NOW. :mellow:

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1911020' date='Jul 4 2009, 10:29 PM']A lot of people register but only lurk and never post. The could be reading this RIGHT NOW. :mellow:[/quote]

What I was going to say. :mellow:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1911020' date='Jul 4 2009, 08:29 PM']A lot of people register but only lurk and never post. The could be reading this RIGHT NOW. :mellow:[/quote]

If you are, please post! You will like us, I promise! Even if you don't you will find us interesting! :flowers: Really, we're not entirely insane. Only certain days of the week. or something like that.

I'm in a very goofy mood today.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1911020' date='Jul 4 2009, 10:29 PM']... could be reading this RIGHT NOW. :mellow:[/quote]

:shock: