An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Do People Register On Pm And Then Never Post?

zunshynn

I registered because my brother said it was a cool place. It wasn't until about 6 months later that I really got involved in the site. Then for about 1.5-2 years I decided school was more important and phatmass fell to the wayside. Then I got back to it the end of my super senior year at college. So there are so many reaons why.

[quote name='toebat' post='1911914' date='Jul 5 2009, 07:06 PM']:huh: lol, I do not know if I count as a lurker. I just joined. :sadder:[/quote]

Welcome to Phatmass! Enjoy! :) P.S. I love your avatar :lol:

I posted on Brother Adam's Forum (flyfree now catechetics online) for a long time when PM was going through one if its "cycles."

[quote name='Moosey' post='1912010' date='Jul 5 2009, 08:19 PM']Welcome to Phatmass! Enjoy! :) P.S. I love your avatar :lol:

I posted on Brother Adam's Forum (flyfree now catechetics online) for a long time when PM was going through one if its "cycles."[/quote]

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='toebat' post='1911914' date='Jul 5 2009, 07:06 PM']:huh: lol, I do not know if I count as a lurker. I just joined. :sadder:[/quote]

That's okay. Glad to see someone new posting.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/coldplay/track/talk"]Coldplay - Talk[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Christie_M

maybe some signed up but accidently deleted the varification code (that sometimes goes into the spam fiddler on e-mails). i have a friend who did that :rolleyes:

[quote name='toebat' post='1911914' date='Jul 5 2009, 05:06 PM']:huh: lol, I do not know if I count as a lurker. I just joined. :sadder:[/quote]

Just keep posting. And welcome!

[quote name='toebat' post='1911914' date='Jul 5 2009, 05:06 PM']:huh: lol, I do not know if I count as a lurker. I just joined. :sadder:[/quote]

Hi! You're getting the hang of it pretty quick! You're already using PM's gazillion unique smileys... I think I was on here for a year before I figured out how to use them. haha. :welcome:

[quote name='Paddington' post='1911916' date='Jul 5 2009, 05:08 PM']His first screenname wasn't so hot anyways.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Moosey' post='1912010' date='Jul 5 2009, 06:19 PM']I posted on Brother Adam's Forum (flyfree now catechetics online) for a long time when PM was going through one if its "cycles."[/quote]

one of it's "cycles"? I thought PM was always going through cycles. Cycles of what, exactly, I could not tell you.

Edited by zunshynn

kavalamyself

Maybe they have been lurking and chickened out, maybe they pm other members and we don't know or maybe they did post and got attacked (like me!) and decided to give up (obviously not me) OR maybe they wanted to see pix or polls!

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1912184' date='Jul 5 2009, 09:55 PM']one of it's "cycles"? I thought PM was always going through cycles. Cycles of what, exactly, I could not tell you.[/quote]
:lol:

Too true.

I think one reason people don't post is that we regulars are very comfortable with each other. It can be hard to see right away where you fit in with a group of people who know each other well.

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1914232' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:49 AM']:lol:

Too true.

I think one reason people don't post is that we regulars are very comfortable with each other. It can be hard to see right away where you fit in with a group of people who know each other well.[/quote]

Why he initially kept from posting ( and still is of "limited" activity ).

<----

I joined in 2005 when I was discerning my vocation so I only hung out in vocation station. I started lurking again about 6 months ago but I really only get involved in a few threads.

IMHO, trying to jump into phatmass is like transfering schools... everyone already seems to have little cliques set up so there doesn't really seem to be a place for some newcommers. I think most people with low post counts are still trying ot figure out where they fit.

Edited by VoTeckam

Marie-Therese

Well, I guess I am just too much of a goober, or lacking in an essential shyness gene, because I joined after reading for a short time, thought, "hey, this is cool!" and started posting pretty much straightaway. I guess I thought I'd either fit right in, be totally ignored and/or a thread killer, or somewhere in between. For the most part everyone here is friendly and if you just reciprocate you shouldn't have any problems. :)

Although I find that darn goober trait still is hanging in there with me.

I for one am glad all of you have started posting. New perspectives can really help us old-timers get out of our ruts.

Sacre Couer VHM

Who knows? Maybe they change their mind? I was a lurker for a while before I finally registered. :)

Deus te Amat

[quote name='VoTeckam' post='1914254' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:52 AM']I joined in 2005 when I was discerning my vocation so I only hung out in vocation station. I started lurking again about 6 months ago but I really only get involved in a few threads.

IMHO, trying to jump into phatmass is like transfering schools... everyone already seems to have little cliques set up so there doesn't really seem to be a place for some newcommers. [b]I think most people with low post counts are still trying ot figure out where they fit.[/b][/quote]

And maybe some people with high posts counts are still trying to figure out where they fit. :unsure: