An Old School Catholic Message Board

Listerine

homeschoolmom

CatherineM

[quote name='StColette' post='1914282' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:56 AM']Well, if it has fluoride in it then it can be especially dangerous. Ingesting too much flouride can cause stomach ulcers and even death, if large enough quantities are consumed.[/quote]

Homeless guys drink that here when the liquor stores are closed. I see those empty bottles in the alley, and can only think how low you would have to have come in your life to resort to that.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1914453' date='Jul 8 2009, 03:48 PM']Homeless guys drink that here when the liquor stores are closed. I see those empty bottles in the alley, and can only think how low you would have to have come in your life to resort to that.[/quote]

My friend works at a rehab and says people resort to Listerine to get them off their feet if they can't get anything else.

Angel*Star

I saw someone drinking some at Wal-Mart right there in the aisle once. Kind of scary and wierd all at the same time.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='musturde' post='1914239' date='Jul 8 2009, 07:05 AM']wait... isn't that bad for you?[/quote]
Yes. The alcohol in mouthwash is not the same thing as ethanol. The body has a very hard time breaking it down and you can easily die from ingesting too much.

VeniteAdoremus

In the episode of Monk they re-aired yesterday, his assistant asked her daughter to fill the bath with Listerine because she kissed with someone who turned out to have had leprosy.

I like it when life imitates Phatmass :)