An Old School Catholic Message Board

Non-catholic Prime Minister Takes Communion

Resurrexi

[quote name='Kitty' post='1914999' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:17 PM']All the video shows is the 3 seconds in which he takes it from the priest. That's not proof that he didn't eat it. At least he was respectful when he took it, and didn't throw it across the room or something. Maybe he thought that he wasn't supposed to eat it if he wasn't Catholic.[/quote]

As the priest goes down the line one can see that the prime minister did not consume the Host. One also sees that the prime minister no longer had the Host in his hands.

CatherineM

By the way, Mr. Harper is going to meet with the Pope in a few days, so if he needs any instruction, I'm sure the Pope is well equipped to take care of it.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915013' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:24 PM']As the priest goes down the line one can see that the prime minister did not consume the Host. One also sees that the prime minister no longer had the Host in his hands.[/quote]

That's because his hand was closed around it.

You, sir, need to get your eyes checked.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1915005' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:20 PM']Have you watched the video? I didn't see him put it in his pocket.[/quote]

Whatever he did, he did not consume the Host. It is my speculation that he put the Host into his program or into his pocket while the priest was covering the camera's view of his abdomen. There is about one second where his mouth is not shown, and after that one second his hands were in a position that makes it unlikely that he just consumed the Host.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1915014' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:24 PM']By the way, Mr. Harper is going to meet with the Pope in a few days, so if he needs any instruction, I'm sure the Pope is well equipped to take care of it.[/quote]

And do you honestly believe that the Pope will be informed of this incident?

CatherineM

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915026' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:30 PM']Whatever he did, he did not consume the Host. It is my speculation that he put the Host into his program or into his pocket while the priest was covering the camera's view of his abdomen. There is about one second where his mouth is not shown, and after that one second his hands were in a position that make it unlikely that he just consumed the Host.[/quote]

Dude, I'll bet he hid the host in the grassy knoll.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1915030' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:31 PM']Dude, I'll bet he hid the host in the grassy knoll.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Nihil Obstat

Let's try again now, shall we.

In this case, I'm willing to give Prime Minister Harper the benefit of the doubt. Is it because I'm biased towards him? Maybe. Probably, in fact. There is however, legitimate reason to believe that this could have been an honest mistake, and I'll stand by that.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915026' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:30 PM']Whatever he did, he did not consume the Host. It is my speculation that he put the Host into his program or into his pocket while the priest was covering the camera's view of his abdomen. There is about one second where his mouth is not shown, and after that one second his hands were in a position that makes it unlikely that he just consumed the Host.[/quote]

I can't express how ridiculous this paragraph is.

Here, have one please.
[img]http://www.meanmyspacegraphics.com/graphics/take_a_chill_pill.jpg[/img]

Nihil Obstat

Also I don't think it at all probable that he put the Host into his pocket or something like that. He's a politician, but as far as politicians go I don't think he's particularly evil or malignant. Again, that may be bias, but I just see no reason that he would do something so clearly disrespectful.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1915039' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:34 PM']Let's try again now, shall we.

In this case, I'm willing to give Prime Minister Harper the benefit of the doubt. Is it because I'm biased towards him? Maybe. Probably, in fact. There is however, legitimate reason to believe that this could have been an honest mistake, and I'll stand by that.[/quote]

:huh:

I'm pretty sure that most who know even a little about Catholicism know that communicants are to consume the Host. (He should not have been a communicant in the first place, though).

Vincent Vega

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1915030' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:31 PM']Dude, I'll bet he hid the host in the grassy knoll.[/quote]
Post of the week.
[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915029' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:31 PM']And do you honestly believe that the Pope will be informed of this incident?[/quote]
Come on, Rexi...you can't honestly think that Pope Benedict is locked away in some ivory tower, and that the only information he receives what his assistants tell him, do you? I'd be willing to bet that Papa has access to a computer, and further, even access to the internet.
And I'd be willing to bet that he reads the news, too. He's probably going to hear about this, one way or another.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1915048' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:40 PM']Come on, Rexi...you can't honestly think that Pope Benedict is locked away in some ivory tower, and that the only information he receives what his assistants tell him, do you? I'd be willing to bet that Papa has access to a computer, and further, even access to the internet.
And I'd be willing to bet that he reads the news, too. He's probably going to hear about this, one way or another.[/quote]

Even if the Pope does read the news, this incident isn't going to make the front page of the Il Messaggero or of CNN.com.

havok579257

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915026' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:30 PM']Whatever he did, he did not consume the Host. It is my speculation that he put the Host into his program or into his pocket while the priest was covering the camera's view of his abdomen. There is about one second where his mouth is not shown, and after that one second his hands were in a position that makes it unlikely that he just consumed the Host.[/quote]

cue the crazy conspericies.

next you'll probobly say he took it to his office and used it in some form of satanic worship.