An Old School Catholic Message Board

Non-catholic Prime Minister Takes Communion

Resurrexi

[quote name='havok579257' post='1915056' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:44 PM']cue the crazy conspericies.

next you'll probobly say he took it to his office and used it in some form of satanic worship.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Watch the video. It is clear that he did not consume the Host. I am sure he didn't want to flush It down a toilet, give It to a duck, stab It, or use It in Satanic worship. I still don't think that he consumed it, though.

Edited by Resurrexi

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915046' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:39 PM']:huh:

I'm pretty sure that most who know even a little about Catholicism know that communicants are to consume the Host. (He should not have been a communicant in the first place, though).[/quote]
Well I think he consumed the Host... so there we go.

CatherineM

Harper is way too boring to be into satanic worship. Besides if he was in league with Satan, he'd have gotten a majority government in the last election.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915066' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:50 PM']:rolleyes:

Watch the video. It is clear that he did not consume the Host. I am sure he didn't want to flush It down a toilet, give It to a duck, stab It, or use It in Satanic worship. I still don't think that he consumed it, though.[/quote]

Likely he didn't consume the host. However we really don't know and I doubt he has ill intents whatever he did with it.

At this point, we can only reiterate our beliefs and protocol on the matter and should take this as a learning opportunity.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hans+zimmer+%26+james+newton+howard/track/a+dark+knight+(album+version)"]Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - A Dark Knight (Album Version)[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915066' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:50 PM']:rolleyes:

Watch the video. It is clear that he did not consume the Host.[/quote]

You have yet to give us absolute proof. For example, a video that showed the PM's activities after he took the host in his hand.

Nihil Obstat

I just watched the video. He probably didn't consume it on camera, however, that doesn't mean that one if his advisors didn't jab him afterwards and say "you consume that or someone is going to burn you at the stake!"

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1915092' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:03 PM']I just watched the video. He probably didn't consume it on camera, however, that doesn't mean that one if his advisors didn't jab him afterwards and say "you consume that or someone is going to burn you at the stake!"[/quote]

Perhaps the prime minister did consume the Host later. However, he certainly did not consume the Host immediately after the priest gave the Host to him.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915134' date='Jul 9 2009, 12:30 AM']Perhaps the prime minister did consume the Host later. However, he certainly did not consume the Host immediately after the priest gave the Host to him.[/quote]

And we're back to the beginning... <_<

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Well first of all it looks like the guy before him was looking awfully suspicious before recieving i.e looking over at Harper like 5 times. Then Harper only recieved with one hand very irreverently. And looks like he hides it behind his program that was in his other hand the whole time. He should not have recieved this is outrageous. This is Our Lord were talking about. This is another prime example of why communion in the hand should be reconsidered. But woe unto the ones whom scandal come through. He should not have even been given our lord.

Nihil Obstat

Maybe he acted the way he did because he was caught off guard. It's possible that he was told that he wouldn't be offered Communion, and got confused when he was, and panicked.
There's too many what-ifs to assume this was intentional, and I respect him more than most politicians, so I'm continuing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1915155' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:42 PM']Maybe he acted the way he did because he was caught off guard.[/quote]

That is actually what it looks like; however, that does not justify the way he acted.

Edited by Resurrexi

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915157' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:44 PM']That is actually what it looks like; however, that does not justify the way he acted.[/quote]
If it's true, and I'm starting to think that it is, then it means that this was an honest mistake. A serious one? Yes. Honest though, which indicates no lack of respect. Anyone can make an honest mistake. We could blame his advisors for doing a poor job, or we can criticize a snap judgement on his part, but at the end of the day, anyone can make an honest mistake.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1915160' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:48 PM']If it's true, and I'm starting to think that it is, then it means that this was an honest mistake. A serious one? Yes. Honest though, which indicates no lack of respect. Anyone can make an honest mistake. We could blame his advisors for doing a poor job, or we can criticize a snap judgement on his part, but at the end of the day, anyone can make an honest mistake.[/quote]

He should have told the priest that he wasn't Catholic before the priest gave him the Host.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915161' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:49 PM']He should have told the priest that he wasn't Catholic before the priest gave him the Host.[/quote]

He probably didn't know that he should have refused it.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915161' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:49 PM']He should have told the priest that he wasn't Catholic before the priest gave him the Host.[/quote]
So he made a snap judgement and it was the wrong one. Have you never done that?
Considering the lack of awareness there is even among Catholics, that's not all that surprising. I'll bet your average cradle Catholic doesn't have a clear understanding that a non-Catholic can under no circumstances recieve the Eucharist.