An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama's Science Czar's Views On Forced Abortions!

Lil Red

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1918856' date='Jul 13 2009, 02:35 PM']All these czars running around on behalf of the executive branch bug me.[/quote]

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1918954' date='Jul 13 2009, 05:15 PM']My sentiments.

Treading dangerous waters.....many would not have made it. :ohno:

Better upgrade to an AK-47. :mellow:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/lady+gaga/track/poker+face"]Lady GaGa - Poker Face[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote]
Eww. Lady GaGa. Anywho, get a scope :mellow:

[quote name='Maximilianus' post='1918964' date='Jul 13 2009, 05:29 PM']Carefull....the "Gun Czar" may be monitoring. :detective:

....or the BATF.[/quote]
All the more reason for a scope :mellow:

Not to harsh anyone's hysteria... but that book was written 30 years ago. Guy's a physicist. He's mostly interested in alternate energy nowadays.

I really don't think we're in any danger of enforced population control.

[quote name='philothea' post='1919097' date='Jul 13 2009, 08:16 PM']Not to harsh anyone's hysteria... but that book was written 30 years ago. Guy's a physicist. He's mostly interested in alternate energy nowadays.

I really don't think we're in any danger of enforced population control.[/quote]

Awww, you popped the fun bubble again! :mellow: I was about to start looking for the government tunneling under my house, too...

My husband's best friend is from China, and his parents moved here so they could have more than one child. Our neighbors across the hall, same thing.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='philothea' post='1919097' date='Jul 13 2009, 08:16 PM']Not to harsh anyone's hysteria... but that book was written 30 years ago. Guy's a physicist. He's mostly interested in alternate energy nowadays.

I really don't think we're in any danger of enforced population control.[/quote]

Any proof whatever that he has rejected and reseeded this comments now that he is in a place of power to enact some of his polices he supported then?

[quote name='philothea' post='1919097' date='Jul 13 2009, 06:16 PM']Not to harsh anyone's hysteria... but that book was written 30 years ago. Guy's a physicist. He's mostly interested in alternate energy nowadays.

uh, yeah, what KoC said. he hasn't recanted any of these views, to my knowledge.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1919175' date='Jul 13 2009, 07:40 PM']Any proof whatever that he has rejected and reseeded this comments now that he is in a place of power to enact some of his polices he supported then?[/quote]

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1919175' date='Jul 13 2009, 09:40 PM']Any proof whatever that he has rejected and reseeded this comments now that he is in a place of power to enact some of his polices he supported then?[/quote]

I'd be interested in seeing that too. And 30 years ago people were still trying to move as far as possible from any idea that sounded like nazism and population control.

Planned Parenthood, for example, has since tried to down-play or even deny the population control and eugenicist views of it's founder. Being called a nazi, or being labeled as a population control freak, or anything of the like actually had a real sting then. (As opposed to the word "nazi" or the name "hitler" being tossed around like so much confetti these days.)

So if he was willing to write about that stuff, those would be pretty strongly held convictions. And if he hasn't changed those views, there is reason to take offense.

Nihil Obstat

Eugenics is such a disgusting idea, and the funny thing is that most people will agree if you say that. Yet at the same time, many of those same people will support many ideas that are part of a whole eugenics ideology... under the title of Freedom of Choice, and Overpopulation.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1919175' date='Jul 13 2009, 09:40 PM']Any proof whatever that he has rejected and reseeded this comments now that he is in a place of power to enact some of his polices he supported then?[/quote]
How is he in power to act on them? He's an adviser to the President. He can, potentially, influence leadership direction and policy decisions, but he can't pass laws or even introduce legislature. He could outright insist on population control and mandatory abortions, and it would go exactly nowhere (except him losing his adviser position immediately).

I'm not saying he's a good guy, or even a decent human being, but he wasn't appointed for those antiquated population control views. Rather it was for his more recent work in climate change and energy, which [i]is[/i] a pressing current issue.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='philothea' post='1919223' date='Jul 13 2009, 09:46 PM']How is he in power to act on them? He's an adviser to the President. He can, potentially, influence leadership direction and policy decisions, but he can't pass laws or even introduce legislature. He could outright insist on population control and mandatory abortions, and it would go exactly nowhere (except him losing his adviser position immediately).

I'm not saying he's a good guy, or even a decent human being, but he wasn't appointed for those antiquated population control views. Rather it was for his more recent work in climate change and energy, which [i]is[/i] a pressing current issue.[/quote]

But as a Czar, he does have special powers to influence enforcement of law by the executive branch.

California once had laws for forced sterilization. The bulk of the NAZI's eugenics views were imported from California.

I have a school text book at home, aimed at young children and teens titled 'Eugenics'; you wouldn't believe how well they sugar coated the ideas. One of the first chapters talks about how little girls and little boys need to find someone 'suitable' for a mate.

And if you search the internet; forced abortion, euthanasia et Al is being discussed openly in many places. there is a genuine scare concerning overpopulation and it seems to either hold firm or its growing. Sometimes i get the impression that the only it really needs to take off for another good run is another good world crisis like a depression (some say we came close with our current recession, and I think they're right).

Thy Geekdom Come

I'm afraid if there were a real threat of forced abortions, I'd have to go the route of permanent abstinence. I suppose this is another of those saint-making evil governmental things...

[quote name='Raphael' post='1919590' date='Jul 14 2009, 12:44 PM']I'm afraid if there were a real threat of forced abortions, I'd have to go the route of permanent abstinence. I suppose this is another of those saint-making evil governmental things...[/quote]

Or move out into the middle of the country where no one knows you're there. lol

They did forced sterilizations in Alberta until the late 50's. They are still paying some lawsuits over it.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1919602' date='Jul 14 2009, 12:59 PM']They did forced sterilizations in Alberta until the late 50's. They are still paying some lawsuits over it.[/quote]
That reminds me...that Newlywed show was on last night while I was working on a project and I just had it playing in the background...and they all won a second honeymoon in Alberta and this one "dumb blond" said, "we won a trip to Alberto's!" Her husband looks at her and says, "Alberta, we won a trip to Alberta. We're not going over to Alberto's house for a second honeymoon."