An Old School Catholic Message Board

It Looks Like...

Resurrexi

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1928513' date='Jul 22 2009, 04:46 PM']Why would that be? He is already set to be [url="http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=32729"]beatified[/url] next year, after all. :yahoo:

That's my baptism anniversary too. ^_^[/quote]

April 2, 2010 is Good Friday.

It might also be good to note that there was a more recent article discussing how there were delays in the beatification process.

Additionally, there are numerous persons who are never canonized, but instead remain Beati for centuries.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1927997' date='Jul 22 2009, 04:28 AM']They are different in several ways. The one you posted is probably a copy of a copy, etc., of the one I posted.[/quote]

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1928504' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:42 PM']I'm betting that won't happen any time soon, if at all.[/quote]

Grow up.

Edited by picchick

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1928523' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:50 PM']April 2, 2010 is Good Friday.

It might also be good to note that there was a more recent article discussing how there were delays in the beatification process.

Additionally, there are numerous persons who are never canonized, but instead remain Beati for centuries.[/quote]
See? Now that's a much more charitable, complete, mature response.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1928523' date='Jul 22 2009, 03:50 PM']April 2, 2010 is Good Friday.[/quote]

Wow... interesting... I had been thinking about having my profession that day (not realizing it was Good Friday), because I was not going to be able to have it on the anniversary of my entrance. And Good Friday was my name/title day at the monastery. kind of surreal.

[quote]They are different in several ways. The one you posted is probably a copy of a copy, etc., of the one I posted.[/quote]

:huh:

[quote]It might also be good to note that there was a more recent article discussing how there were delays in the beatification process.[/quote]

Oh, I didn't know that. My awareness of the news the last couple of years has been somewhat limited.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1928621' date='Jul 22 2009, 06:16 PM']Wow... interesting... I had been thinking about having my profession that day (not realizing it was Good Friday), because I was not going to be able to have it on the anniversary of my entrance. And Good Friday was my name/title day at the monastery. kind of surreal.[/quote]

Oh, cool. What monastery are you entering?

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1928621' date='Jul 22 2009, 06:16 PM']:huh:[/quote]

Traditionally, Eastern icons were hand-painted. One monk would take the original, and paint a copy. Then another monk would paint a copy of that copy, etc. That is why you will see many Eastern icons that are very similar to but at the same time different from other icons of the same saint or mystery.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1928621' date='Jul 22 2009, 06:16 PM']Oh, I didn't know that. My awareness of the news the last couple of years has been somewhat limited.[/quote]

That's quite understandable. :)

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1928614' date='Jul 22 2009, 06:10 PM']Res-I'd be interested to know why you think John Paul II shouldn't be canonized.[/quote]

Pope John Paul II did many great things while he was Pope, such as writing [i]Evangelium Vitae[/i] and [i]Ordinatio Sacerdotalis[/i] as well as promulgating the [i]Catechism of the Catholic Church[/i].

That said, I think that it is best, in all canonizations, to wait long periods of time and to examine all the evidence skeptically.

Though there have been some examples in the past of fast-paced canonizations, I think that in today's world it is best for the process to take a long time.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1928633' date='Jul 22 2009, 07:23 PM']Pope John Paul II did many great things while he was Pope, such as writing [i]Evangelium Vitae[/i] and [i]Ordinatio Sacerdotalis[/i] as well as promulgating the [i]Catechism of the Catholic Church[/i].

That said, I think that it is best, in all canonizations, to wait long periods of time and to examine all the evidence skeptically.

Though there have been some examples in the past of fast-paced canonizations, I think that in today's world it is best for the process to take a long time.[/quote]

Now this I can agree with. I do not agree with fast tracking anyone's canonization. However, the phrase that I do not like which I believe shows arrogance on your part is the end: "If at all."

In the above statment you made, you did not even answer Catherine's question. Why if at all?

[quote name='picchick' post='1928659' date='Jul 22 2009, 06:43 PM']Now this I can agree with. I do not agree with fast tracking anyone's canonization. However, the phrase that I do not like which I believe shows arrogance on your part is the end: "If at all."

In the above statment you made, you did not even answer Catherine's question. Why if at all?[/quote]

Blessed Richard Whiting was a Catholic martyr. Martyrs are ordinarily much less difficult to canonize than confessors. He died in 1539, but he was not beatified until 1895. He still is not canonized.

Though I would certainly like to see him canonized, there is no evidence that his canonization is going to happen any time soon, and it may never happen at all.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1928626' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:19 PM']Oh, cool. What monastery are you entering?[/quote]

I'm not... I was with the PCPA in Alabama for two and a half years, but I left last month. I meant that I had been thinking about April 2nd for my first profession while I was still in the monastery. (It was originally November 1st of this year, but was postponed, so I was going to have to pick a new day, and was thinking April 2nd, possibly.) But, I left, so it doesn't really matter anymore. I just thought it was odd that that day had so many things tied in with it.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1927686' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:29 AM']The patron saint of Phatmass is St. Michael the Archangel.

Thanks for voting, everyone![/quote]

Unofficially. No offense but I'm pretty sure we don't get to decide that unless dUST authorized us too and I'm pretty sure dUST didn't.

While I like St. Michael the Archangel, I think a better patron saint would be someone who was .....

involved with spreading the faith....:think:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/red+hot+chili+peppers/track/stadium+arcadium"]Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1928672' date='Jul 22 2009, 06:57 PM']Unofficially. No offense but I'm pretty sure we don't get to decide that unless dUST authorized us too and I'm pretty sure dUST didn't.[/quote]

Yes, this is obviously unofficial. dUSt (or even a moderator) would have to confirm that St. Michael is the patron of Phatmass for him to be the official patron.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1928672' date='Jul 22 2009, 06:57 PM']While I like St. Michael the Archangel, I think a better patron saint would be someone who was .....

involved with spreading the faith....:think:[/quote]

:idontknow:

I myself voted for St. Thomas Aquinas, but that was not whom the people of Phatmass chose.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='BG45' post='1928429' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:04 PM']The Patron Saint of the [b]Internet[/b] and great teacher and communicator?[/quote]
Ex[i]act[/i]ly.

I like St. Isadore of Seville; however, that is not the Saint whom the members of Phatmass chose as the Phatmass patron.