An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wedding Processional

Lil Red

[quote name='picchick' post='1930056' date='Jul 23 2009, 08:51 PM']Don't worry...you're not invited.[/quote]

<_<

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1930070' date='Jul 23 2009, 10:11 PM']I watched this earlier today... I was scoping out the church trying to determine if it was a Catholic church or not. I was rather relieved to find out it wasn't, but I enjoyed it. It's not something I would like to participate in, but it was fun to watch. Its good to know they had such good friends and family to do this though. I think the gentlemen were rather nicely dressed. A good vest can make any man look good I think.[/quote]
:yes:

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1929706' date='Jul 23 2009, 04:41 PM']I loved it :D.

Everybody should be this happy on their wedding day :)[/quote]
I agree. I was totally thinking that when I watched it.

(Of course it's inappropriate ... blah blah blah whatever)

this was absolutely creative and fun.

I'm thinking it'll be perfect for the reception for Catholics! ;)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1931292' date='Jul 25 2009, 12:52 AM']this was absolutely creative and fun.

I'm thinking it'll be perfect for the reception for Catholics! ;)[/quote]
Yeah, I was thinking that too. It would be more appropriate for the entrance at the reception, imho. I would be so tired after dancing up the aisle that I would probably need to take a seat... not too wedding-ish.

tinytherese

I was at a Catholic wedding ceremony earlier this afternoon. It wasn't a mass though. I was disappointed. I wanted to received Jesus. I thought that it was funny that "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" was sung by a soloist before the ceremony began.

icelandic_iceskater
:lol:

What about this is specifically not allowed in a catholic wedding? I know pre-recorded music isn't allowed in the mass... but is it licit in prayer services & ceremonies & whatnot? A few years ago I attending a funeral in which the deceased was carried out to pre-recorded polka music. And my old priest now Monsignor used to kinda half dance down the isle at our youth masses. :idontknow:

tinytherese

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1931938' date='Jul 25 2009, 07:30 PM']:lol:

What about this is specifically not allowed in a catholic wedding? I know pre-recorded music isn't allowed in the mass... but is it licit in prayer services & ceremonies & whatnot?[/quote]

I'm not sure if it's allowed or not. It's just that I found it funny that an Elvis song was being sung in a church. And the part of the song that said, "wise men say only geniuses rush in..." was pretty ironic because the couple had been engaged for 3, 4, or five years. She sure got a good long use of that engagement ring. :lol_roll:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1932073' date='Jul 25 2009, 10:50 PM']I'm not sure if it's allowed or not. It's just that I found it funny that an Elvis song was being sung in a church. And the part of the song that said, "wise men say only geniuses rush in..." was pretty ironic because the couple had been engaged for 3, 4, or five years. She sure got a good long use of that engagement ring. :lol_roll:[/quote]
I have sung "Welcome to my World" which is an Elvis song at funerals.

Ash Wednesday

Well, that's one way to resolve wedding jitters! ;)

Shame they went with Chris Brown, though. :mellow:

missionseeker

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1929618' date='Jul 23 2009, 01:55 PM']:bye:

Oh, wait...

:bye:[/quote]

:topsy:
[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1929706' date='Jul 23 2009, 03:41 PM']I loved it :D.

Everybody should be this happy on their wedding day :)[/quote]
That's what I thought!

+J.M.J.+
parody:
[url="http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1918152"]http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1918152[/url]