An Old School Catholic Message Board

Deep Thoughts About Music...

Marie-Therese

TeresaBenedicta

Oh yeah... I definitely have tons of music that I have deep connections with.

"Getting into you" by Relient K... Reminds me of the few months after my conversion & baptism. I would listen to it on the bus on the way to softball games my senior year of high school.

"Home" by Blake Shelton... Makes me think of my mom. In fact, it's her ringtone on my phone. Being all the way across the country makes me homesick. It also reminds me that I'm never at home and never will be, really, until, God willing, I make my final home in heaven.

"Something's Missing" by John Mayer... I heard this after my conversion & baptism, but it always reminds me of exactly what my life was like before God drew me to himself.

"Unwell" by Matchbox 20.... Las Vegas, four years ago. Me and my mom heard this song the entire time we were there on vacation.

"Hollowman" and other songs by Trapt... my confused teenage self, before my conversion. This cd essentially described the entirety of my mixed emotions as a teen.

"Why Georgia" by John Mayer... Catalina Island, the water, eating coldstone out by the sea in the middle of the night, deep conversations. 15 yrs old.

I have a deep connection with Big & Rich's "Horse of a Different Color" album, as well as Tim McGraw's "Live Like You Were Dying".

Marie-Therese

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1935160' date='Jul 29 2009, 09:06 PM']Oh yeah... I definitely have tons of music that I have deep connections with.

"Something's Missing" by John Mayer... I heard this after my conversion & baptism, but it always reminds me of exactly what my life was like before God drew me to himself.[/quote]

:yes: Love that song. My favorite line..."How come everything I think I need always comes with batteries?"

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1935160' date='Jul 29 2009, 09:06 PM']"Why Georgia" by John Mayer... Catalina Island, the water, eating coldstone out by the sea in the middle of the night, deep conversations. 15 yrs old.[/quote]

to me, one of the best songs ever written. Especially since I spent so many days stuck on 85 for hours. :) The guitar work in that song is incredible, and yet simple.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1935160' date='Jul 29 2009, 09:06 PM']I have a deep connection with Big & Rich's "Horse of a Different Color" album, as well as Tim McGraw's "Live Like You Were Dying".[/quote]

I have good memories of those, also. :)

Thanks for this post!! Don't you love reminiscing about the things that these songs remind you of?