An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do Husbands Have Special Ear Drums

Ash Wednesday

Deus te Amat

[quote name='scardella' post='1933135' date='Jul 27 2009, 01:26 PM']I kill the insects for my wife.[/quote]

We have a winner right here. :thumbsup:

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='heavenseeker' post='1932133' date='Jul 25 2009, 11:05 PM']oh food almost always works for me.[/quote]

"The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach." My wife uses her lasagna to bend me to her will sometimes. hehe

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='LSW' post='1933120' date='Jul 27 2009, 01:08 PM']:biglol:

Good one![/quote]

That was pretty funny! :lol_roll:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1933183' date='Jul 27 2009, 09:28 PM']"The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach." My wife uses her lasagna to bend me to her will sometimes. hehe[/quote]

That's not men only, I hope - I fully intend to use my tiramisu to get the chapter of professed sisters to vote me into the noviciate next year :evil:

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1933183' date='Jul 27 2009, 02:28 PM']"The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach." My wife uses her lasagna to bend me to her will sometimes. hehe[/quote]

ROFL I promise my mind isn't in the gutter but I read lasagna as lingerie ROFL :blush:

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1933207' date='Jul 27 2009, 01:20 PM']That's not men only, I hope - I fully intend to use my tiramisu to get the chapter of professed sisters to vote me into the noviciate next year :evil:[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:drool: tiramisu! :drool:

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1933096' date='Jul 27 2009, 12:47 PM']+J.M.J.+
i wish i had a dishwasher. :mellow: oh wait, i do have one. it's me. :P[/quote]
:lol_roll: :lol_roll:

My mom used to say this to us. "We don't need to buy a dishwasher -- I have five of them!" :rolleyes:

For mine, it's not lasagna, it's biscuits and gravy. The only problem is after he eats them, he's willing to do whatever I want done, he's just not physically up to it until after a nap.

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1933308' date='Jul 27 2009, 06:33 PM']I hate dishwashers. It is easier, cheaper, and faster to wash them yourself.[/quote]
I think it is a wash. Dishwashers use [url="http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/01/built-in-dishwasher-vs-hand-washing-which-greener.php"]less soap and probably less water[/url], but I almost always rinse my dishes and wipe off the worst stuff before loading the dishwasher so the water savings is probably negligible.

The place it DOES win for sure is in the cleanliness category. The dishwashers I have used use hotter water to wash, which is actually more sanitary. And most of them heat the water themselves getting it hotter than the water heater, increasing the sanitation factor.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1933728' date='Jul 28 2009, 01:01 PM']The place it DOES win for sure is in the cleanliness category. The dishwashers I have used use hotter water to wash, which is actually more sanitary. And most of them heat the water themselves getting it hotter than the water heater, increasing the sanitation factor.[/quote]
:yes: And it saves me time since I don't have to stand there washing all the dishes. My cat pre-rinses. ;)

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1933728' date='Jul 28 2009, 06:01 AM']The place it DOES win for sure is in the cleanliness category. The dishwashers I have used use hotter water to wash, which is actually more sanitary. And most of them heat the water themselves getting it hotter than the water heater, increasing the sanitation factor.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:mellow: i use scalding water when i hand wash dishes. yeah, not great for the hands, but since i'm a germ phreak, it helps.

Then there are the nuts who wash the dishes by hand, and then put them into the dishwasher to sanitize.

[quote name='Old_Joe' post='1932645' date='Jul 26 2009, 06:05 PM']There's no special ear drums. They just get calloused from all the nagging.[/quote]

How true

[quote name='rachael' post='1932776' date='Jul 26 2009, 10:08 PM']This thread applies to almost all men :yes:[/quote]

Not true

[quote name='Zoecool13' post='1933882' date='Jul 28 2009, 02:44 PM']How true

Not true[/quote]

She did say "almost". ;)

I honestly have learned to live with his weird quirks as far as housekeeping goes, I have plenty of my own thats for danged sure.