An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am Russian Now

Resurrexi

hoosieranna

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1933221' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:46 PM']I LOVED [i]A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich[/i][/quote]

[i]The First Circle[/i] is my favorite book.

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1933223' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:47 PM']You're right. I now officially acknowledge my brain damage, and ask for prayer.

*hides head in pillow after mortal literary embarrassment*[/quote]

No worries. :flowers:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1933224' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:47 PM']I thought it was not of great quality.[/quote]

:aghast: I could never find affection for Dostoevsky. I've tried. It just didn't work.

The Bus Station

Rexi I strongly encourage you read some Chekov plays -- particularly [i]Three Sisters[/i] -- it will totally help you pick up chicks. :mellow:

I read the first half of A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.... yeah. :tumbleweed: it had its moments.

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1933223' date='Jul 27 2009, 02:47 PM']You're right. I now officially acknowledge my brain damage, and ask for prayer.

*hides head in pillow after mortal literary embarrassment*[/quote]

I think your coolness more than makes up for it ;)

Marie-Therese

[quote name='The Bus Station' post='1933783' date='Jul 28 2009, 10:09 AM']Rexi I strongly encourage you read some Chekov plays -- particularly [i]Three Sisters[/i] -- it will totally help you pick up chicks. :mellow:[/quote]

I think if Rex sticks to being extremely cute then he ought to have no problems with girls. ;) As long as he speaks English during the date and never uses the words "canon law" unless she brings it up first.

[quote name='The Bus Station' post='1933783' date='Jul 28 2009, 10:09 AM']I think your coolness more than makes up for it ;)[/quote]

Awww, thank you! It's pretty bad that I KNEW the difference, but for some reason had a massive senior moment. LOL

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1933825' date='Jul 28 2009, 11:57 AM']I think if Rex sticks to being extremely cute then he ought to have no problems with girls. ;) As long as he speaks English during the date and never uses the words "canon law" unless she brings it up first.

Awww, thank you! It's pretty bad that I KNEW the difference, but for some reason had a massive senior moment. LOL[/quote]
Uhh... I think I brought up cannon law once with Cat... hopefully that won't cause problems down the road... :unsure:

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1934299' date='Jul 28 2009, 07:24 PM']Uhh... I think I brought up cannon law once with Cat... hopefully that won't cause problems down the road... :unsure:[/quote]

I think you're OK. LOL :smokey:

For Rex, I think he needs to focus on his charming attributes, and minimize chances that he might go off on a tangent involving footnotes and references to church documents. I want him to just look adorable over a cup of coffee, and once the girl is in deep smit, then he can unleash the full fury of his crazy knowledge. Baby steps. ;)

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1934414' date='Jul 28 2009, 10:52 PM']How do you source papal documents verbally? What's the proper format for that?[/quote]

If there is a proper format for oral referencing, I'm sure Rex knows it. :)

Are you trying to poke at me?

VeniteAdoremus

Dude. I only got [i]interested[/i] in my last boyfriend after I found out he ran Linux From Scratch.

I'd be totally woo-able with canon law. As long as it was employed by a 6'6" semi-prof tenor who read physics in Oxbridge and was born between 1979 and 1983.