An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am Officially...

Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

I am officially the worst cashier in the entire world. :(
On a five hour shift, with just over $400 in cash transactions, I somehow managed to be six cents less than five dollars short on my float. :annoyed: I never want to work a cash shift again. I had forgotten how bad I am at counting money, considering my only other full cash shift was over two years ago now.

:console:
at least it was only 4 cents? (or did i totally read that wrong... :unsure: )

it could have been worse..... i could have taken over your shift for an hour.

:mellow:

Nihil Obstat

No, it was six cents less than five dollars.
$4.94
That's well over 1% of my transactions. :(

Marie-Therese

If you have to be short, 4.94 is a pretty negligible sum. No worries. I do know that it is annoying to wonder how you could come up short, but seriously, let this one go. Take a deep breath and have something alcoholic.

It'll be OK. :console:

when i worked at a grocery store you could be short or over $6. anything more than that, you would get written up.

they mainly did it for the change dispensers... they were wicked off.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1935264' date='Jul 29 2009, 10:23 PM']If you have to be short, 4.94 is a pretty negligible sum. No worries. I do know that it is annoying to wonder how you could come up short, but seriously, let this one go. Take a deep breath and have something alcoholic.

It'll be OK. :console:[/quote]
No alcohol. :( It would be murder on my tooth sockets right now.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1935267' date='Jul 29 2009, 10:24 PM']when i worked at a grocery store you could be short or over $6. anything more than that, you would get written up.

they mainly did it for the change dispensers... they were wicked off.[/quote]
They had to give me an official warning because even though the dollar amount was low, it was too high a percentage.
Luckily I almost never work cash, so this may never happen again.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1935268' date='Jul 29 2009, 11:25 PM']No alcohol. :( It would be murder on my tooth sockets right now.[/quote]

Oh I forgot about your teeth!! How are you feeling? Getting back to normal yet?

I HATE oral surgery. I've had way too many of them, including a gum graft at one point. Believe me, that really sucked. So I sympathize.

I work at a certain department store that shall not be named *coughsearscough* and the one time I closed, we were something like 14 dollars off and i thought that was a HUGE problem, but the ladies in the office said that that was on the low end of the differences for the hardware department. :idontknow:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1935272' date='Jul 29 2009, 10:27 PM']Oh I forgot about your teeth!! How are you feeling? Getting back to normal yet?

I HATE oral surgery. I've had way too many of them, including a gum graft at one point. Believe me, that really sucked. So I sympathize.[/quote]
Getting better. :) Turned the corner in the afternoon day before yesterday, I think. Next step is eating regular meals instead of soft food only. I do like my KD and scrambled eggs though.