An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Have Come To The Realisation

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1937989' date='Aug 1 2009, 02:13 PM']Nobody enjoys diarrhea either.[/quote]

Diarrhea = stay home from work without a doctor's note. :gradtalk:

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1937949' date='Aug 1 2009, 11:26 AM']that while I have a very high pain threshold, I'm a baby when it comes to nausea.[/quote]

:o

Oh my! Have those Brits already converted you to that mundane manner in which they spell words?

:ohno:

Edited by Resurrexi

NovemberFourth

LOL, mundane spelling? Well you know what they say, we really are two countries divided by a common language.

N4

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938123' date='Aug 1 2009, 02:04 PM']:o

Oh my! Have those Brits already converted you to that mundane manner in which they spell words?

:ohno:[/quote]

ok, serious question here rexi. the correct wording for this sentence would be what?

"Why [b]is[/b] writing scrips so freakin' hard"

or

"Why [b]are[/b] writing scrips so freakin' hard"

:idontknow:

I'm kinda in debate about it right now... your help is much appriciated
:mellow:

Edited by Christie_M

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1938177' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:23 AM']ok, serious question here rexi. the correct wording for this sentence would be what?

or

:mellow:[/quote]

One would use the first if you're referring to the writing, eg, producing scripts = hard.

The second is when your writing scripts are themselves hard.

Just learn Dutch. Easier. :yes:

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1938177' date='Aug 1 2009, 05:23 PM']ok, serious question here rexi. the correct wording for this sentence would be what?

or

:mellow:[/quote]

It would depend on whether one is trying to say, "Why is it so difficult to write scrips?" or, "Why are the the scrips used for writing not softer?"

If one is trying to say, "Why is it so difficult to write scrips" then, one would say ""Why [b]is[/b] writing scrips so hard?"

If one is trying to say "Why are the scrips used for writing not softer?" then one would say "Why [b]are[/b] writing scrips so hard?"

On a side note, I am not sure whether you meant to write the word [i]scrip[/i] or the word [i]scrip[b]t[/b][/i].

EDIT: I see Venite got to this before I could.

Edited by Resurrexi

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938196' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:43 AM']EDIT: I see Venite got to this before I could.[/quote]

Ik ben ZO snel. :ninja:

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1937949' date='Aug 1 2009, 01:26 PM']that while I have a very high pain threshold, I'm a baby when it comes to nausea.[/quote]

wimp

Marie-Therese

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1938209' date='Aug 1 2009, 06:53 PM']wimp[/quote]

When a man gives birth, then he will have earned the right to question the toughness of a woman. Until that date...not so much. <_<

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938238' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:11 PM']When a man gives birth, then he will have earned the right to question the toughness of a woman. Until that date...not so much. <_<[/quote]

Yeah well it doesn't count if you used painkillers. Besides labor only lasts what, 8 hours or so?

Marie-Therese

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1938272' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:42 PM']Yeah well it doesn't count if you used painkillers. Besides labor only lasts what, 8 hours or so?[/quote]

My labor lasted 37 days.

Painkillers did not work, and a late attempt at an epidural only numbed my left leg and nothing in the pelvis. I waited as long as possible before taking any medication, and I did so only because the pain level from having uterine tetany caused my blood pressure to go up.

I also sat for fifteen hours once getting my back tattooed.

Labor wins.

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938278' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:54 PM']My labor lasted 37 days.

Painkillers did not work, and a late attempt at an epidural only numbed my left leg and nothing in the pelvis. I waited as long as possible before taking any medication, and I did so only because the pain level from having uterine tetany caused my blood pressure to go up.

I also sat for fifteen hours once getting my back tattooed.

Labor wins.[/quote]

Cool what was the tat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your coolness factor just went waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy UP!

Deus te Amat

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1938280' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:56 PM']Cool what was the tat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your coolness factor just went waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy UP![/quote]

Men. <_<

Marie-Therese, why was your labor so insanely long?

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1938282' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:59 PM']Men. <_<

Marie-Therese, why was your labor so insanely long?[/quote]

Ain't we great?

Edited by txdinghysailor