An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Have Come To The Realisation

Archaeology cat

Marie-Therese

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1938280' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:56 PM']Cool what was the tat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your coolness factor just went waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy UP![/quote]

It's a running vine with large flowers. It runs from the midback down to the tailbone.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1938282' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:59 PM']Men. <_<

Marie-Therese, why was your labor so insanely long?[/quote]

I had problems with dilatation. I had strong contractions and continued to efface over the course of a month, but just couldn't get it to kick in to high gear, so to speak. I was at 2.5 cm dilated for 36 days, and continued gaining weight. My doctor finally threw in the towel and induced me. Woah was that bad.

[quote name='rachael' post='1938286' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:01 PM']if i knew what kind of tattoo i wanted, i'd totally have one by now. :idontknow:[/quote]

My advice (coming from one who has several large tattoos)...take your time. Only get it if it is something that means so much to you that you wouldn't mind people seeing it during your autopsy. Sounds morbid, but be really certain before you make that commitment. Lots of people end up looking really stupid.

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938290' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:06 PM']It's a running vine with large flowers. It runs from the midback down to the tailbone.[/quote]

that's lame... cool factor down once again....

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938290' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:06 PM']My advice (coming from one who has several large tattoos)...take your time. Only get it if it is something that means so much to you that you wouldn't mind people seeing it during your autopsy. Sounds morbid, but be really certain before you make that commitment. Lots of people end up looking really stupid.[/quote]
oh, i am. i tend to be a spontaneous person, but when it comes to stuff like that i'm not. it thought about getting my nose pierced for a year before i actually did it. i miss having it. :(

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1938272' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:42 PM']Yeah well it doesn't count if you used painkillers. Besides labor only lasts what, 8 hours or so?[/quote]

Only if she's very lucky. Most women are in labor at least 24 hours with their first baby.

And since we don't get epidurals for 40 weeks the "no painkillers" statement is just lame. Labor isn't the only difficult part. And this is coming from a woman who has delivered four kids without any painkillers. :smokey:

Marie-Therese

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1938292' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:09 PM']that's lame... cool factor down once again....[/quote]

Oh no. Now I'm going to lose all that sleep over this.

[quote name='rachael' post='1938294' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:17 PM']oh, i am. i tend to be a spontaneous person, but when it comes to stuff like that i'm not. it thought about getting my nose pierced for a year before i actually did it. i miss having it. :([/quote]

I miss some of my piercings... I had 10. (Yeah, I know, I was wild once upon a time LOL) I actually miss my tongue piercing, cause it gave me something to play with when I was nervous. Sounds bizarre, but it was a weird stress reliever.

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938363' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:15 PM']I miss some of my piercings... I had 10. (Yeah, I know, I was wild once upon a time LOL)[/quote]

Hey, you have to find SOMETHING to do in Alabama. :detective:

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1938364' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:16 PM']Hey, you have to find SOMETHING to do in Alabama. :detective:[/quote]

:rolling: I actually didn't live in Alabama then. I was still in the South, though.

Hey, when you are young and stupid, you do crazy stuff.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1938188' date='Aug 1 2009, 04:34 PM']One would use the first if you're referring to the writing, eg, producing scripts = hard.

The second is when your writing scripts are themselves hard.

Just learn Dutch. Easier. :yes:[/quote]

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938196' date='Aug 1 2009, 04:43 PM']It would depend on whether one is trying to say, "Why is it so difficult to write scrips?" or, "Why are the the scrips used for writing not softer?"

If one is trying to say, "Why is it so difficult to write scrips" then, one would say ""Why [b]is[/b] writing scrips so hard?"

If one is trying to say "Why are the scrips used for writing not softer?" then one would say "Why [b]are[/b] writing scrips so hard?"

On a side note, I am not sure whether you meant to write the word [i]scrip[/i] or the word [i]scrip[b]t[/b][/i].

EDIT: I see Venite got to this before I could.[/quote]

thanks guys. ^_^

missionseeker

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1938364' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:16 PM']Hey, you have to find SOMETHING to do in Alabama. :detective:[/quote]

very true. :mellow:

[quote name='NovemberFourth' post='1938169' date='Aug 1 2009, 06:19 PM']LOL, mundane spelling? Well you know what they say, we really are two countries divided by a common language.

N4[/quote]
Lawl. I have not heard that one *tries to remember this one really really hard* 0 posts? Ohhhhhhh.... the lame board doesn't count for posts. I haven't noticed :mellow:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938278' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:54 PM']My labor lasted 37 days.

Painkillers did not work, and a late attempt at an epidural only numbed my left leg and nothing in the pelvis. I waited as long as possible before taking any medication, and I did so only because the pain level from having uterine tetany caused my blood pressure to go up.

I also sat for fifteen hours once getting my back tattooed.

Labor wins.[/quote]
15 hours? I would have starved during that wait. lawl.

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1938562' date='Aug 2 2009, 12:43 AM']very true. :mellow:[/quote]
At least I keep you occupied ^_^

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1938303' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:27 PM']Only if she's very lucky. Most women are in labor at least 24 hours with their first baby.

And since we don't get epidurals for 40 weeks the "no painkillers" statement is just lame. Labor isn't the only difficult part. And this is coming from a woman who has delivered four kids without any painkillers. :smokey:[/quote]
:unsure:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938363' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:15 PM']Oh no. Now I'm going to lose all that sleep over this.

I miss some of my piercings... I had 10. (Yeah, I know, I was wild once upon a time LOL) I actually miss my tongue piercing, cause it gave me something to play with when I was nervous. Sounds bizarre, but it was a weird stress reliever.[/quote]

now i really miss it. :sadder:

mission....alabama isn't that bad. :mellow:

mississippi? now that's bad. :yes:

missionseeker
:sweat: also very true.

However, my part of Alabama is .... pretty boring. So boring that it's got the biggest meth problem in the state. :mellow:

Marie-Therese

[quote name='rachael' post='1938575' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:01 AM']mission....alabama isn't that bad. :mellow:

mississippi? now that's bad. :yes:[/quote]

:yes: Rachel speaketh wisdom. Mississippi is pretty bad.

Mission, my town has a population of about 6000, so I know what you mean. The drug problem is getting pretty bad here.