An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fill Up My Cup

Hassan

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938240' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:12 PM']Telling an underage person to go to a bar?!?[/quote]

You're underage?!? Wow. What did I miss?

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938252' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:22 PM']I dislike Zionism. I think that the Holy Land should be ruled by a Catholic crusader king.

(I'm totally serious, BTW).[/quote]

You are daft. I say that in a very loving way.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='rachael' post='1938257' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:25 PM']the latest surgeon general's report states that black eyed peas are bad for one's health.[/quote]

If speaking in regards to the food item, I disagree.

If speaking in regards to the band, :yes:
I saw them at a concert once. I remember it not being the most pleasant experience I ever had. It was a holiday festival-type show, so they weren't the reason that I went. Even so, the music is so catchy...it's like a train wreck. You know it's bad, and yet, you can't look away.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938252' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:22 PM']I dislike all forms of Zionism. I think that the Holy Land should be ruled by a Catholic crusader king.

(I'm totally serious, BTW.)[/quote]

I half agree :mellow:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938260' date='Aug 1 2009, 06:27 PM']You are daft. I say that in a very loving way.[/quote]

Theologically speaking, the Holy Land rightfully belongs to the Church.

God promised the Holy Land to Israel.
The old Israel has been fulfilled by the new Israel, i.e., the Church.
Q.E.D., the Holy Land rightfully belongs to the Church.

Edited by Resurrexi

Go tell that to The Pope. I have a feeling he would have something to say to you about that. (good or bad I cannot say)

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938233' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:06 PM']Yiddish predates Zionism.[/quote]

Yiddish predates the Psalms?

[quote name='QuoteMan' post='1938312' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:39 PM']Go tell that to The Pope. I have a feeling he would have something to say to you about that. (good or bad I cannot say)[/quote]

I think the Pope has bigger issues to worry about than reclaiming the Holy Land for the Church.

Even if he did try to call a crusade, I doubt that it would be successful. Since the end of the Middle Ages, almost every time the Pope has tried to call a crusade, the attempt failed.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938310' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:38 PM']Theologically speaking, the Holy Land rightfully belongs to the Church.

God promised the Holy Land to Israel.
The old Israel has been fulfilled by the new Israel, i.e., the Church.
Q.E.D., the Holy Land rightfully belongs to the Church.[/quote]

The original covenant did not transfer in whole. The Church does not maintain Jewish dietary laws.

I have a feeling that The Pope wouldn't be to keen on calling a crusade to reclaim the Holy Lands. :mellow:

Maybe he wants to call a crusade to shut-down the abortion clinics... That would be cool. :smokey:

Edited by QuoteMan

[quote name='Paddington' post='1938313' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:39 PM']Yiddish predates the Psalms?[/quote]

No. But it does predate a late 19th century Ashkenazi political ideology.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938327' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:49 PM']No. But it does predate a late 19th century Ashkenazi political ideology.[/quote]

Details.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938320' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:43 PM']The original covenant did not transfer in whole. The Church does not maintain Jewish dietary laws.[/quote]

If you are going to argue that the divine right of the People of God the Holy Land was abolished along with the dietary laws, then, following that reasoning, the Israelites do not have an inalienable divine right to the Holy Land any more than the Church does.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938330' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:52 PM']If you are going to argue that the divine right of the People of God the Holy Land was abolished along with the dietary laws, then, following that reasoning,[/quote]

I'm not really arguing that. I was pointing out what I see as a flaw in the logical structure of your argument.

[quote]the Israelites do not have an inalienable divine right to the Holy Land any more than the Church does.[/quote]

I don't believe anyone had any divine right to any land. So..... :idontknow:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938338' date='Aug 1 2009, 07:57 PM']I don't believe anyone had any divine right to any land. So..... :idontknow:[/quote]

I realize that...

:P