An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fill Up My Cup

Hassan

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938341' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:59 PM']How did my great Black Eyed Peas thread turn into a discussion about Zionism, Crusades, and Covenant theology? :sadwalk:[/quote]

The [i]Circle of Life[/i]?

Just as a note. I don't really know that Herzl was an Ashkenazi. He was just from the same region that all my Jewish family were from, and they are all Ashkenazi so........ :idontknow:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938341' date='Aug 1 2009, 06:59 PM']How did my great Black Eyed Peas thread turn into a discussion about Zionism, Crusades, and Covenant theology? :sadwalk:[/quote]
if you have the $, I can make it all better!!

:evil:
:yes:

[quote name='Paddington' post='1938343' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:00 PM']The [i]Circle of Life[/i]?[/quote]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc[/url]

:unsure:

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1938347' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:03 PM']if you have the $, I can make it all better!!

:evil:
:yes:[/quote]

No. We must study the past, otherwise we shall be doomed to repeat it.

Let this mutilated, non lame thread remain. So as to serve as a warning. :mellow:

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938310' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:38 PM']Theologically speaking, the Holy Land rightfully belongs to the Church.

God promised the Holy Land to Israel.
The old Israel has been fulfilled by the new Israel, i.e., the Church.
Q.E.D., the Holy Land rightfully belongs to the Church.[/quote]

Rex, I think that Christ fulfilled the Law. I don't think that changed the status of the Jewish people as the Chosen People of God. Hence, the Church proper does not necessarily have a right to the Holy Land. I do believe that the Jewish people do, though.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938320' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:43 PM']The original covenant did not transfer in whole.[/quote]

I tend to agree with Hassan on this point in general...not all aspects of the original covenant are applicable to the Church as a whole, i.e. the dietary laws.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938341' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:59 PM']How did my great Black Eyed Peas thread turn into a discussion about Zionism, Crusades, and Covenant theology? :sadwalk:[/quote]

You spoke Yiddish, not me. You should try harder to keep it lame. ;)

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938356' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:06 PM']Rex, I think that Christ fulfilled the Law. I don't think that changed the status of the Jewish people as the Chosen People of God. Hence, the Church proper does not necessarily have a right to the Holy Land. I do believe that the Jewish people do, though.[/quote]

I think that is heretical.

But I'll let Aloysius and Resurrexi address that :saint:

[quote]You spoke Yiddish, not me. You should try harder to keep it lame. ;)[/quote]
:unsure:

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1938361' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:13 PM']let's try to lame it up here people.

thanks.[/quote]

And HOW can I keep it lame when EVERY TIME I USE YIDDISH these degenerates take it as a license to unlame my thread?!?!??!!