Era Might Posted August 12, 2009 Posted August 12, 2009 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1946778' date='Aug 11 2009, 11:35 PM']He does do it to demonstrate survival, but he seems to like it, too. I don't think I could eat insects. Maybe if I were starving, and they were deep-fried. Never as delicacies. I am actually pretty picky when it comes to what meats I'll eat. I don't like straying too far off the old standards.[/quote] I don't mind trying meats, but I don't like trying sauces. I don't think I've ever tasted mayonnaise or mustard, and I don't want to taste them.
rachael Posted August 12, 2009 Author Posted August 12, 2009 [quote name='Era Might' post='1946783' date='Aug 11 2009, 11:37 PM']It's the antlers they have. Cockroaches are like the people you see on the beach with metal detecting devices. You don't know what they're looking for, but you know they're up to no good.[/quote] That's just not nice.
Sojourner Posted August 12, 2009 Posted August 12, 2009 [quote name='Era Might' post='1946783' date='Aug 12 2009, 12:37 AM']It's the antlers they have. Cockroaches are like the people you see on the beach with metal detecting devices. You don't know what they're looking for, but you know they're up to no good.[/quote] My cockroaches don't have antlers. Not that I have cockroaches, mind you. I am very clean.
jkaands Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1946462' date='Aug 11 2009, 06:05 PM'] I could never go vegan.[/quote] Try lacto-ovo veggie, with organic free range lacto(milk and coagulated milk, etc.) and ovies. Yummy! and easy.
Saint Therese Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 Beef is pretty dang good. Especially grilled.
rachael Posted August 16, 2009 Author Posted August 16, 2009 (edited) tomato, dill and hummus on a pita bread. yum Edited August 16, 2009 by rachael
Archaeology cat Posted August 16, 2009 Posted August 16, 2009 That does sound good. I've kinda gone off beef lately. I've only eaten any kind of meat once in the last couple f weeks, I think. I make a mean veg lasagne.
VeniteAdoremus Posted August 16, 2009 Posted August 16, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1950419' date='Aug 16 2009, 05:58 PM']tomato, dill and hummus on a pita bread. yum[/quote] Ooooh, SO good! Do you make your own hummus? I do. Then my sister likes me.
rachael Posted August 16, 2009 Author Posted August 16, 2009 I have in the past, but right now I've got enormous amounts of hummus in the fridge, so I really need to finish it off.
Archaeology cat Posted August 16, 2009 Posted August 16, 2009 (edited) Wish I had some hummus Edited August 16, 2009 by Archaeology cat
rachael Posted August 16, 2009 Author Posted August 16, 2009 I'd send you some, but I don't think it would make it there.
Archaeology cat Posted August 16, 2009 Posted August 16, 2009 (edited) Probably not. I'll just have to get some. If I were cooler I'd make some. Edited August 16, 2009 by Archaeology cat
VeniteAdoremus Posted August 16, 2009 Posted August 16, 2009 Next time you're visiting me in the convent, bring chickpeas, garlic, olive oil and a lemon
rachael Posted August 16, 2009 Author Posted August 16, 2009 has anyone ever used amaranth? recipes? bueller? bueller?
VeniteAdoremus Posted August 16, 2009 Posted August 16, 2009 I don't know whether your amaranth is our amaranth (chorta)... vegetables with the same name can be quite different in 'merica, I've learned. I don't really like amaranth. But it's very good for you. You can eat it like it's spinach: cooked, or as a salad green, or in casseroles...
InHisLove726 Posted August 16, 2009 Posted August 16, 2009 (edited) [quote name='rachael' post='1950478' date='Aug 16 2009, 02:01 PM']has anyone ever used amaranth? recipes? bueller? bueller?[/quote] [img]http://www.danegerus.com/weblog/images/BenStein.jpg[/img] I thought you might want a picture to go along with that. What is amaranth? Edited August 16, 2009 by InHisLove726
rachael Posted August 16, 2009 Author Posted August 16, 2009 It's the seeds of this plant: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaranth"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaranth[/url] but it's probably the same plant.
piano_freak184 Posted August 16, 2009 Posted August 16, 2009 [quote name='InHisLove726' post='1950490' date='Aug 16 2009, 02:22 PM'][img]http://www.danegerus.com/weblog/images/BenStein.jpg[/img] I thought you might want a picture to go along with that. What is amaranth? [/quote] good movie.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now