An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Prayer Thread Depresses Me Horribly

Hassan

[quote name='Hassan' post='1946632' date='Aug 12 2009, 12:00 AM']What would you (Peyton) like me to pray.

I can do Catholic, Muslim or Jewish :unsure:

I can also do Voltaire's prayer :evil:

I know you will pick Catholic, but which ones?[/quote]

1. Please do Voltaire's prayer on here. I don't know what Google is or how to use it.

2. Prayer is definitely one of those Catholic (and many others, but that's just details) things that really jumps out as being designed to meet our needs. Our need for prayer for ourselves and then others.

3. I don't care that this is the Lame Board. I doubt that there is much hope for Catholic prayers - by Catholic standards - if they aren't coupled with sacrifice, and by sacrifice, I largely mean general obedience.

4. Hi Hassan! I'm drinking a large Corona. Put that in your Koran and drink it!

5. Hi everybody else! Word! Booyakasha! Peace and hair grease. That's all I'm saying. Circular. Get jiggy! Capture the dream! That's why it's called the present! You had me at hello.

6. Rack me, I'm out. Kssshhhh!!!

7. :wacko:

Hassan, I know that feeling, but sometimes even when I'm not so sure it will help, praying makes me feel like at least I'm trying to do something!

VeniteAdoremus

Hassan, you're so sweet.

Like a certain piece of fruit really.

But I mean it. Just knowing that you feel bad makes me feel good.

This isn't coming out right, is it?

I really honestly mean that it's very very nice of you to want to help people and make them feel better.

piano_freak184

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1947052' date='Aug 12 2009, 02:06 PM']Hassan, you're so sweet.

Like a certain piece of fruit really.[/quote]
Sweet as a lemon.

[quote name='piano_freak184' post='1947109' date='Aug 12 2009, 03:17 PM']That's the most intelligent thing I've ever heard you say.[/quote]

That's weak dude. :mellow:

piano_freak184

[quote name='Hassan' post='1947115' date='Aug 12 2009, 03:18 PM']That's weak dude. :mellow:[/quote]
I learn from the best

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1947052' date='Aug 12 2009, 01:06 PM']Hassan, you're so sweet.

Like a certain piece of fruit really.

But I mean it. Just knowing that you feel bad makes me feel good.

This isn't coming out right, is it?[/quote]
It's called shadenfreude. :yes:

;)

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='piano_freak184' post='1947054' date='Aug 12 2009, 01:07 PM']Sweet as a lemon.[/quote]
Or a grape. :saint: