An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Prayer Thread Depresses Me Horribly

Hassan

[quote name='piano_freak184' post='1947125' date='Aug 12 2009, 02:22 PM']You couldn't have come up with anything better.[/quote]

Yada Yada Yada!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1947118' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:20 PM']Or a grape. :saint:[/quote]

Nihil might be too young for me, he still smells nice.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1947204' date='Aug 12 2009, 04:09 PM']Nihil might be too young for me, he still smells nice.[/quote]

:o

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1947213' date='Aug 12 2009, 04:16 PM']mm?[/quote]

VA has a crush on NO :unsure:

And EVERYBODY know how Dutch women are :mellow:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Hassan' post='1947215' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:17 PM']VA has a crush on NO :unsure:[/quote]

Actually, it's a Dominican compliment about someone's brain abilities. cf. the rite for Master of Sacred Theology. I assumed you knew.

What do they teach kids these days? :sadwalk:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1947215' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:17 PM']And EVERYBODY know how Dutch women are :mellow:[/quote]

TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME :drool:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1947204' date='Aug 12 2009, 03:09 PM']Nihil might be too young for me, [b]he still smells nice[/b].[/quote]
Like I haven't heard that one before. ^_^

Though you may not believe in the power of prayer, those that post in the thread do. Knowing that someone has taken the time to learn about their concerns is the most important part. A way to concretely help those that post, sans prayer, would be to ask them personally if there was something you could do. Often there isn't, but you might yet be surprised.

I'm actually about as skeptical as one can be and still be called a believer (of sorts) if you can excuse the oxymoron. I started it because there were a few requests for one and I happened to post it first.

You can leave words of encouragement on people's profile's or PM them, telling them that you feel sorry for what is happening to them, or just say that you are thinking about them. I've had these things happen to me numerous times on here off of what I've posted on the prayer board, especially this past summer. Sometimes it's just nice to know that people give a dang about you, because sometimes apart from Phatmass nobody else seems to.

Sometimes, I've come to accept that praying is all you [i]can[/i] do. You can't give hugs and wine and casseroles to people hundreds or thousands of miles away--I tried that. :topsy:

Put that desire to help, that love and well-wishing, out into the universe. It helps us, and really, it helps you. Praying isn't selfish...it's often the most humble thing we can do, to lower ourselves to the point where we can acknowledge we need help.

:grouphug:

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1947331' date='Aug 12 2009, 07:07 PM']You can leave words of encouragement on people's profile's or PM them, telling them that you feel sorry for what is happening to them, or just say that you are thinking about them. I've had these things happen to me numerous times on here off of what I've posted on the prayer board, especially this past summer. Sometimes it's just nice to know that people give a dang about you, because sometimes apart from Phatmass nobody else seems to.[/quote]

Actually I cannot.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Kitty' post='1947488' date='Aug 12 2009, 09:38 PM']Prayer doesn't do anything. It's just a different way of saying "well I hope this happens for you".[/quote]

*sigh* Let's not do this here.

[quote name='Kitty' post='1947488' date='Aug 12 2009, 08:38 PM']Prayer doesn't do anything. It's just a different way of saying "well I hope this happens for you".[/quote]

:rolleyes: