Nihil Obstat Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 I'm interested to hear what you all pick, and the reasons behind it. I didn't include a 'none' option, because even if you didn't like any of them, I want to hear who was the least terrible. Happy voting.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 13, 2009 Author Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1947857' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:19 AM']In terms of what?[/quote] How much you agree with them and in your opinion, how good a job they did while in office.
Hassan Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1947865' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:24 AM']How much you agree with them and in your opinion, how good a job they did while in office.[/quote] I really don't like what I know about Clinton and Reagan. In fact I think both commited war crimes. I thought Eisenhower, Carter and Bush Sr. had their moments. I thought George Jr. had his moments but they were so overcast with his many screw ups that they seem kind of insignificant.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 13, 2009 Author Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1947867' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:27 AM'] I really don't like what I know about Clinton and Reagan. In fact I think both commited war crimes. I thought Eisenhower, Carter and Bush Sr. had their moments. I thought George Jr. had his moments but they were so overcast with his many screw ups that they seem kind of insignificant.[/quote] So you voted Obama? (I only ask because so far I have one vote.)
Hassan Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1947868' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:28 AM']So you voted Obama? (I only ask because so far I have one vote.)[/quote] Yeah. But that was mostly to skew the results
Resurrexi Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 I like [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6aIkvgyVk"]Ike[/url].
Hassan Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 Honestly. I'm one of those people who would have voted for Bush over Gore regarding who'd I'd rather have a beer with. I think he seems like a good guy, in then he's well meaning. I'd hang out with him. I just think he had no buisness beign President. It's not personal.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 13, 2009 Author Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1947870' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:30 AM']Yeah. But that was mostly to skew the results [/quote]
Resurrexi Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1947873' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:35 AM']What about TeddyR?[/quote] His reign was pre-1930.
Hassan Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947871' date='Aug 13 2009, 03:32 AM']I like [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6aIkvgyVk"]Ike[/url].[/quote] I'd like him more if he hadn't approved Operation AJAX
Resurrexi Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1947878' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:37 AM']I'd like him more if he hadn't approved Operation AJAX[/quote] If I were ever to take over a country, I would definitely stage a coup.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 13, 2009 Author Posted August 13, 2009 I picked 1930 as my cutoff date because I find modern politican history more interesting than, say, the 1800s. It just so happened that the number of presidents worked out nearly perfectly for my number of allowed poll questions.
Resurrexi Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 Eisenhower was from the best state in the Union.
Hassan Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947880' date='Aug 13 2009, 03:38 AM']If I were ever to take over a country, I would definitely stage a coup.[/quote] Mossadeq rocks my socks
Nihil Obstat Posted August 13, 2009 Author Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1947888' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:41 AM']Mossadeq rocks my socks[/quote] I took you more for the Franco type, in terms of people involved in coups.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 13, 2009 Author Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947895' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:45 AM']Franco was a great dictator.[/quote] Well as far as dictators go, he wasn't the worst.
Hassan Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947895' date='Aug 13 2009, 03:45 AM']Franco was a great dictator.[/quote]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now