An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Do You Think Was The Best President?

Nihil Obstat

Best President since 1930  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reagan. Given the pathetic Carter years to work with, he turned this country around in spite having to fight enemies at home and abroad. And he was really a great communicator, not a smooth talker like our current pres.

LouisvilleFan

Anybody else think the wrong Kennedy was elected President? I'm not the kind of person who keeps up with famous people, so beyond a vague memory of her name, I didn't know anything about Shriver until reading an article about her today.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1948108' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:11 PM']If there's something economists generally agree on, it's that FDR's policies during the depression made it the Great Depression.[/quote]

no.

Some economists of a particular ideological bent say that. However to claim that economists as a whole say that is just false.

Edited by Hassan

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1948210' date='Aug 13 2009, 04:42 PM']Reagan. Given the pathetic Carter years to work with, he turned this country around in spite having to fight enemies at home and abroad.[/quote]

Those Panama troops were pretty bad :censored:

Edited by Hassan

[quote name='Hassan' post='1948457' date='Aug 13 2009, 11:06 PM']America :idontknow:[/quote]

The president of Mexico is a president of America. The president of Argentina is a president of America too.

:detective:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1948469' date='Aug 14 2009, 12:13 AM']The president of Mexico is a president of America. The president of Argentina is a president of America too.

:detective:[/quote]

<_<

If I ever run into you on the street remind me to smack you

:P

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1948443' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:47 PM']I don't get it. President of what?[/quote]
It would probably give you a clue looking at the options on the list. :mellow:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1948479' date='Aug 13 2009, 11:18 PM']It would probably give you a clue looking at the options on the list. :mellow:[/quote]

I suspect LD has a sneaky Anarchist point to make :detective:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Hassan' post='1948482' date='Aug 13 2009, 11:20 PM']I suspect LD has a sneaky Anarchist point to make :detective:[/quote]
<_<
It's a pretty simple poll, even for an anarchist. Which president was most anarchist?

Saint Therese

There's only one real choice in my opinoin. I mean, Jimmy Carter was awesome. Not everyone can get interest rates to 21%. That's a real achievement.

Edited by Saint Therese

Wait, I thought Dewey defeated Truman?!?!

[quote name='kavalamyself' post='1947911' date='Aug 13 2009, 04:03 AM']Reagan for life issues.[/quote]

uh... Probably the most vocal republican ever regarding embryonic stem cells. Wait, I take that back, Nancy is worse.

Not to mention he raised the taxes on the middle class, social security, and medicare while giving himself and his rich buddies and business friends huge tax breaks.

If you're going to blame FDR for Obama, you can blame Reagan too as Reagan was the first to really increase our national debt by tripling it during his presidency.

Not to mention he takes the credit for a lot that was put into place before him.

Ugh, sorry... i just don't like how so many people make Reagan out to be the greatest politician of all time. I swear, to be a Republican politician you have to take an oath to recite his name at least 4 times in every speech you make.

[quote name='Zoecool13' post='1948623' date='Aug 14 2009, 02:45 AM']Wait, I thought Dewey defeated Truman?!?!

uh... Probably the most vocal republican ever regarding embryonic stem cells. Wait, I take that back, Nancy is worse.

Not to mention he raised the taxes on the middle class, social security, and medicare while giving himself and his rich buddies and business friends huge tax breaks.

If you're going to blame FDR for Obama, you can blame Reagan too as Reagan was the first to really increase our national debt by tripling it during his presidency.

Not to mention he takes the credit for a lot that was put into place before him.

Ugh, sorry... i just don't like how so many people make Reagan out to be the greatest politician of all time. I swear, to be a Republican politician you have to take an oath to recite his name at least 4 times in every speech you make.[/quote]

Not to mention his foreign policy.