An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Do You Think Was The Best President?

Nihil Obstat

Best President since 1930  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947880' date='Aug 13 2009, 03:38 AM']If I were ever to take over a country, I would definitely stage a coup.[/quote]

Mossadeq rocks my socks

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Hassan' post='1947888' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:41 AM']Mossadeq rocks my socks[/quote]
I took you more for the Franco type, in terms of people involved in coups. :yes:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947895' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:45 AM']Franco was a great dictator.[/quote]
Well as far as dictators go, he wasn't the worst.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1947899' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:46 AM']:no:[/quote]

He made Catholicism the religion of the State.

How much better can it get?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947902' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:48 AM']He made Catholicism the religion of the State.

How much better can it get?[/quote]
A little bit less political oppression would have been nice as a start.
I don't really like his policies about women either. Liking traditional depictions of motherhood is fine, but banning them from being university professors or judges... not so much.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947902' date='Aug 13 2009, 03:48 AM']He made Catholicism the religion of the State.

How much better can it get?[/quote]

Not being a dictator would be nice.

I must admit, though, that I don't know too much about Franco.

Did he support any policies contrary to Catholic morality?

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Hassan' post='1947905' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:51 AM']Not being a dictator would be nice.[/quote]

Julius Caesar was a dictator, and he is a great hero of mine.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947906' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:52 AM']I must admit, though, that I don't know too much about him.

Did he support any policies contrary to Catholic morality?[/quote]
Not much, but a lot of his more authoritarian tendencies were very much against the spirit of the law.

Nihil Obstat

I was wondering how long until someone picked Reagan. :)

I didn't vote because I don't know enough about most of them.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1947908' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:55 AM']Not much, but a lot of his more authoritarian tendencies were very much against the spirit of the law.[/quote]

I guess that would probably violate the principle of subsidiarity.

Though, most liberal "Catholic" politicians today support the violation of the fifth and sixth commandments, in addition to violating the principle of subsidiarity.

:mellow:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947915' date='Aug 13 2009, 03:08 AM']I guess that would probably violate the principle of subsidiarity.

Though, most liberal "Catholic" politicians today support the violation of the fifth and sixth commandments, in addition to violating the principle of subsidiarity.

:mellow:[/quote]
Glad I don't have to write an essay about Franco or something. :) Complex political guy.