T-Bone _ Posted August 14, 2009 Posted August 14, 2009 doesn't make you a Catholic anymore than going to your garage makes you a car.
TeresaBenedicta Posted August 14, 2009 Posted August 14, 2009 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1948942' date='Aug 14 2009, 05:46 PM']doesn't make you a Catholic anymore than going to your garage makes you a car.[/quote] Garages don't have transformative powers over a car. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass does.
loveletslive Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 totally agreed. there's more to being Catholic than showing up (most of the time) at Mass on Sunday.
InHisLove726 Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 Agreed. I can't stand the people who come and stay during Communion and leave right after. I saw two women in Church last week who did that and I wanted to tell them to sit back down. It makes me very upset.
QuoteMan Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 (edited) Can someone really be called a catholic just because they've been baptized? There is some people in my calss are technically Catholic, but they don't even know who the Pope is! When I asked them, they answerd "Isn't it like...Pope John the 3rd or somthing? Edited August 15, 2009 by QuoteMan
Resurrexi Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1948942' date='Aug 14 2009, 03:46 PM']doesn't make you a Catholic anymore than going to your garage makes you a car.[/quote] I guess there are a lot of people who are considering becoming Catholic who go to Mass.
Slappo Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 Umm, technically your Catholic if you've been baptized into the Catholic faith. And your still Catholic until you petition to leave... However... if you're such a mediocre Catholic that you don't pay attention at mass or don't even show up, I doubt you'd be taking the effort to make a formal petition to leave the Church.
havok579257 Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote name='InHisLove726' post='1949114' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:19 PM']Agreed. I can't stand the people who come and stay during Communion and leave right after. I saw two women in Church last week who did that and I wanted to tell them to sit back down. It makes me very upset. [/quote] don't judge others as Jesus commanded us to do. How do you know that those women left mass earlier just because? How do you know that they don't work on Sunday's and are rushing to work afterwards? How do you know that they are not making an extra effort to come to as much mass as they can, even though they work on Sunday's? I think its terrible of people to judge others, most of all at mass. Unless you personally know why the person is leaving mass early, you have no right to judge them. Cause it just makes you come off as a holier than thou person passing judgement on people for what you percieve as their short comings.
Aeneas Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote]Agreed. I can't stand the people who come and stay during Communion and leave right after. I saw two women in Church last week who did that and I wanted to tell them to sit back down. It makes me very upset[/quote] Judas left the mass early
Aeneas Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote]Agreed. I can't stand the people who come and stay during Communion and leave right after. I saw two women in Church last week who did that and I wanted to tell them to sit back down. It makes me very upset.[/quote] Judas left the mass early
KnightofChrist Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote name='havok579257' post='1949176' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:39 PM']don't judge others as Jesus commanded us to do. How do you know that those women left mass earlier just because? How do you know that they don't work on Sunday's and are rushing to work afterwards? How do you know that they are not making an extra effort to come to as much mass as they can, even though they work on Sunday's? I think its terrible of people to judge others, most of all at mass. Unless you personally know why the person is leaving mass early, you have no right to judge them. Cause it just makes you come off as a holier than thou person passing judgement on people for what you percieve as their short comings.[/quote] "Judge not least ye be judge" is a far misunderstood or misused verse. I know for a fact many people leave early to beat the traffic, or other such lame reasons.
pat22 Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1948942' date='Aug 14 2009, 04:46 PM']doesn't make you a Catholic anymore than going to your garage makes you a car.[/quote] oooookkkkkkkaaaaayyyyyy........ thanks.... thats just what we were all wondering
CatherineM Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote name='Aeneas' post='1949193' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:56 PM']Judas left the mass early[/quote] I will use that example the next time I talk about mass issues in my class. Good point.
Fidei Defensor Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1949209' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:05 PM']"Judge not least ye be judge" is a far misunderstood or misused verse. I know for a fact many people leave early to beat the traffic, or other such lame reasons.[/quote] I'm really curious what you think Jesus meant by that, if not that one shouldn't judge others?
KnightofChrist Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote name='fidei defensor' post='1949221' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:13 PM']I'm really curious what you think Jesus meant by that, if not that one shouldn't judge others?[/quote] I meant that people often take it far to literal. Often people 'judge' people of 'judging' people and break out that passage when they do.
Fidei Defensor Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1949233' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:25 PM']I meant that people often take it far to literal. Often people 'judge' people of 'judging' people and break out that passage when they do.[/quote] I definitely agree. I'm just curious because i've never heard what the Catholic view on that passage is.
Saint Therese Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 I agree T-bone. This morning at Mass (or rather just before) there were several older ladies loudly having a conversation and two of the ladies were looking at a food magazine. I really think that whether or not people realize it what they really believe is that Jesus is only present during the Mass, not in the Tabernacle. At least that's what most people's actions seems to say.
Hassan Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 I often take my little brother to Mass during the Summer break
Hassan Posted August 15, 2009 Posted August 15, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' post='1949282' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:12 PM']That makes you a Cataholic. [/quote] How about this. There is no God. ?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now