An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going To Mass

T-Bone _

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1949233' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:25 PM']I meant that people often take it far to literal. Often people 'judge' people of 'judging' people and break out that passage when they do.[/quote]
I definitely agree. I'm just curious because i've never heard what the Catholic view on that passage is.

Saint Therese

I agree T-bone. This morning at Mass (or rather just before) there were several older ladies loudly having a conversation and two of the ladies were looking at a food magazine. I really think that whether or not people realize it what they really believe is that Jesus is only present during the Mass, not in the Tabernacle. At least that's what most people's actions seems to say.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1949282' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:12 PM']That makes you a Cataholic. :yes:[/quote]

How about this.

There is no God.

? :detective:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1949305' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:42 PM']How about this.

There is no God.

? :detective:[/quote]

You and I both know what happens when someone who is sixteen or older and is aware of Can. 1364 §1 externally demonstrates his complete rejection of Christianity to one or more persons.

:detective:

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='QuoteMan' post='1949310' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:44 PM']Prove it.[/quote]
[img]http://www.hollywoodtoday.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/rosie-the-mouth-2.jpg[/img]

[size=7]Q.E.D[/size]

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1949311' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:46 PM']You and I both know what happens when someone who is sixteen or older and is aware of Can. 1364 §1 externally demonstrates his complete rejection of Christianity to one or more persons.

:detective:[/quote]

That ship has sailed some time ago :unsure:

If you ever get married outside of the Church, you would need to make an act of formal defection in order for you marriage to be able to be valid...

I'm just letting you know.

:mellow:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1949325' date='Aug 14 2009, 11:58 PM']If you ever get married outside of the Church, you would need to make an act of formal defection in order for you marriage to be able to be valid...

I'm just letting you know.

:mellow:[/quote]

I don't think there will be any need once I meet a nice Hasidic Jewish girl and convert :mellow:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1949327' date='Aug 14 2009, 11:01 PM']I don't think there will be any need once I meet a nice Hasidic Jewish girl and convert :mellow:[/quote]

Don't you want your Catholic friends to be able to recognize your marriage to said girl as a valid one?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1949305' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:42 PM']How about this.

There is no God.

? :detective:[/quote]

Try this on for size

Hassan does not exist, it is just a dream in the land of make believe. Ooooooh snap!

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1949337' date='Aug 14 2009, 11:20 PM']Try this on for size

Hassan does not exist, it is just a dream in the land of make believe. Ooooooh snap![/quote]

Now, try to prove that wrong.