XIX Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [quote name='The Bus Station' date='07 September 2009 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1252372635' post='1963013'] I think an appletini is a safe choice for a first drink. IF YOU'RE A GIRL... [/quote] Are dudes allowed to drink apple juice?
InHisLove726 Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 (edited) [quote name='missionseeker' date='07 September 2009 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1252369930' post='1962943'] I have no idea. Probably Publix. Maybe the pub here. Idk what they sell, though. And I don't know where it's located, either. And I don't know what kind of drinks I like. [/quote] You won't find much variety in Publix. They have Irish Cream, Sherry, wine (which is good to start with, especially white), drink mixes, some mixed drinks (Kahlua's White Russian is always found there). My absolute favorite drink is Arbor Mist. I LOVE their Strawberry White Zinfandel but they have others. If you want to go with a mixed drink, stay with something mild your first time (strawberry daiquiri or the like). Try something like a Bahama Mama (kinda sweet but really good! ), Strawberry Daiquiri, or a Pina Colada. I've never been one for the heavy alcohol flavor or smell, so I don't recommend Tequila Rose. Someone turned me on to that one time, and I tried it on my 21st birthday. I about threw up. Kahlua is pretty good straight (especially if you like coffee) or Frangelico (if you like hazelnuts). I have always wanted to try Chambord Royale (raspberry liquor), but haven't yet. Grand Marnier or Cointreau are good if you like oranges, but I've heard they are strong. As for the straight liquors, I've never tried any, but if I did, I would go with brandy. I used to work in a liquor store (and no, I'm not an alcoholic ). Edited September 8, 2009 by InHisLove726
rachael Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 What does working in a liquor store have to do with being an alcoholic?
InHisLove726 Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [quote name='rachael' date='07 September 2009 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1252377506' post='1963110'] What does working in a liquor store have to do with being an alcoholic? [/quote] You may not believe it, but SO MANY people used to come in the liquor store and asked if I tried pretty much everything. I had to tell them several times I wasn't yet 21 (in Florida, you can sell it when you are at least 18, but you can't drink it ). Several of them looked at me like, "So, you are a goody two shoes?" Once or twice, I did have someone ask me if I was alcoholic.
rachael Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [quote name='InHisLove726' date='07 September 2009 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1252377690' post='1963113'] You may not believe it, but SO MANY people used to come in the liquor store and asked if I tried pretty much everything. I had to tell them several times I wasn't yet 21 (in Florida, you can sell it when you are at least 18, but you can't drink it ). Several of them looked at me like, "So, you are a goody two shoes?" Once or twice, I did have someone ask me if I was alcoholic. [/quote] I understand that. It's like when you're working in a store, they usually want you to know a product so you can recommend them something or help them with a purchase.
Nihil Obstat Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 I would love to work in a liquor store, now that I think about it. You'd get to know your drinks. Although liquor stores get robbed a lot, I think.
The Bus Station Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 And I hear they sell beer in those places so its prolly not a good idea 2 work there cuz u met get like tempted 2 get drunk n stuff u no wut i mean.
Nihil Obstat Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [quote name='rachael' date='07 September 2009 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1252379117' post='1963137'] lol, they sell beer at wal-mart. [/quote] Not in Canada. The only place you can get alcohol is liquor stores and bars. It is what it is, I guess.
rachael Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [quote name='The Bus Station' date='07 September 2009 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1252379302' post='1963138'] jk do you work at walmart? [/quote] [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='07 September 2009 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1252379383' post='1963139'] Not in Canada. The only place you can get alcohol is liquor stores and bars. It is what it is, I guess. [/quote] Depends on the county/state you live in here.
The Bus Station Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='07 September 2009 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1252379383' post='1963139'] Not in Canada. The only place you can get alcohol is liquor stores and bars. It is what it is, I guess. [/quote] Dang... every grocery store and gas station in my (home) city sells beer. Redic, man. [quote name='rachael' date='07 September 2009 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1252379464' post='1963141'] [/quote] oh. You should have said yes just to humor me
Nihil Obstat Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [quote name='The Bus Station' date='07 September 2009 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1252379730' post='1963144'] Dang... every grocery store and gas station in my (home) city sells beer. Redic, man. [/quote] I know! I don't know if it's a law or something, but no grocery stores or gas stations or anything carry alcohol. Cigarettes, yes, but not alcohol.
InHisLove726 Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='07 September 2009 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1252378767' post='1963134'] I would love to work in a liquor store, now that I think about it. You'd get to know your drinks. Although liquor stores get robbed a lot, I think. [/quote] Fortunately, the liquor store I worked in was part of a larger store, and had good visibility, so I was never robbed. Never even came close. I did see a robbery for the main store. Someone stole a Gameboy Advance package and the General Manager chased him and pinned him to the sidewalk.
CatherineM Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 I want bourbon right now. Lots of it. Some Old Ezra sipping whiskey or even some higher proof Booker's.
Nihil Obstat Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' date='07 September 2009 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1252383383' post='1963166'] I want bourbon right now. Lots of it. Some Old Ezra sipping whiskey or even some higher proof Booker's. [/quote] How about Wild Turkey?
Nihil Obstat Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' date='08 September 2009 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1252386313' post='1963191'] Booker's is 130 proof. [/quote] Wow! Lol, when two of my friends went on a trip to Europe this summer, they brought back little gifts for anyone. For my friend they brought back this tiny bottle of something yellow that was 180 proof. Almost the high proof Everclear.
Archaeology cat Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 If I were there, I'd make you a margarita. I make a good margarita.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now