An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kanye West Steals The Mic From Taylor Swift

Selah

[quote name='rachael' date='15 September 2009 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1252987312' post='1966669']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xia_gu356Pk[/media]
[/quote]

I love you :lol:

+J.M.J.+
does anyone else think that he may have a drinking problem? he was seen drinking cognac (straight from the bottle, how classy) on the red carpet before the VMAs. i wonder if he hasn't really dealt well from his mother's death (who from all accounts he was very close to). i pray he gets the help he needs if this is the case.

[quote name='rachael' date='15 September 2009 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1252987808' post='1966676']
are you the thread police
[/quote]

Winner winner
[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j150/mercgirl1963/chicken-dinner-candy-truck-1956.jpg[/IMG]

I don't think discussing "water cooler" entertainment topics are that big of a deal on here.

It was a jerk thing for him to do, but he was drunk and stupid and I think people are starting to make too big of a deal about it. He deserved and got the public verbal lashings the next day, now people should move on.

Red you make a good point, he might be having a drinking problem (among other things, like impulse control!) but particularly since his mom died perhaps whatever he was doing is even worse.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='15 September 2009 - 07:37 AM' timestamp='1253021851' post='1966765']It was a jerk thing for him to do, but he was drunk and stupid and I think people are starting to make too big of a deal about it. He deserved and got the public verbal lashings the next day, now people should move on.
[/quote]

:yes: People do stupid things. I liked his unscripted and unplanned visit on Leno to apologize before his performance on the show. He could have stayed distant and addressed it through his pr person, but I think he was sincere. That's just my opinion based on what I saw. But really, time to move on now.

txdinghysailor

Taylor Swift totally deserved what she got. She's just a little pop star with no true talent. All of her songs sound exactly the same, and they're all the same type. KANYE FOR PRESIDENT!

[quote name='txdinghysailor' date='15 September 2009 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1253026452' post='1966790']
Taylor Swift totally deserved what she got. She's just a little pop star with no true talent. All of her songs sound exactly the same, and they're all the same type. KANYE FOR PRESIDENT!
[/quote]
She did not deserve to be rudely interrupted even if she is a terrible singer.

Yeah, if she was the one who got the votes, then by all means she had the right to be up there taking her award without incident.

And at the end of the day....it was just an MTV Moon Man, not an Oscar.

[quote name='Lil Red' date='15 September 2009 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1253021848' post='1966764']
+J.M.J.+does anyone else think that he may have a drinking problem? he was seen drinking cognac (straight from the bottle, how classy) on the red carpet before the VMAs. i wonder if he hasn't really dealt well from his mother's death (who from all accounts he was very close to). i pray he gets the help he needs if this is the case.
[/quote]
Yeah... on the Leno show last night, Jay asked him about his mom and there was the longest pause. It was really awkward.

[quote name='txdinghysailor' date='15 September 2009 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1253026452' post='1966790']
[/quote]
:no:

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='15 September 2009 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1253027059' post='1966793']
She did not deserve to be rudely interrupted even if she is a terrible singer.
[/quote]
:yes:

Jay Leno asked him the question I would have asked him: "what would your mum think of what you did?". That brought tears and obvious remorse to Kanye's eyes. Thanks Jay.

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='15 September 2009 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1253027492' post='1966797']
Yeah, if she was the one who got the votes, then by all means she had the right to be up there taking her award without incident.

And at the end of the day....it was just an MTV Moon Man, not an Oscar.
[/quote]

Exactly, it was just MTV, why not interrupt her and cause a scene? In 10 years no one will remember anything about this award.