An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aspartame Toxicity

InHisLove726

[quote name='InHisLove726' date='23 September 2009 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1253735780' post='1971639']
:lol_pound:
[/quote]
If you're ever on YouTube, never use the world "sheeple". If they learn that one, they'll be twenty times more annoying at least.

Conversion, software version 7.0
Looking at life through the eyes of a tired hub
Eating seeds as a pastime activity
The toxicity of our city, of our city
Now, what do you own the world?
How do you own disorder, disorder
Now somewhere between the sacred silence
Sacred silence and sleep
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Disorder, disorder, disorder
More wood for the fires, loud neighbours
Flishlight riveries caught in the headlights of a truck
Sacred silence and sleep
Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep
Sacred silence and sleep
When I became the sun
I shone life into the mans hearts
When I became the sun

[quote name='Winchester' date='23 September 2009 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1253736584' post='1971653']
Conversion, software version 7.0
Looking at life through the eyes of a tired hub
Eating seeds as a pastime activity
The toxicity of our city, of our city
Sacred silence and sleep
More wood for the fires, loud neighbours
Flishlight riveries caught in the headlights of a truck
Sacred silence and sleep
Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep
Sacred silence and sleep
When I became the sun
When I became the sun
[/quote]

You're an odd one...

:P

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='vanilla' date='22 October 2009 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1256190243' post='1989510']
I've told my dad to avoid chewing those sugarless gums because of aspartame.
[/quote]
Isn't most sugarless hum malitol and sorbitol and xylitol? Some of those are really hard on the digestion, but not really related to aspartame at all.
My body doesn't react well to malitol. :)

Aspartame is bad news. So is xylitol... splenda's not so hot either.

The best sweetener is stevia... the liquid stuff is awesome... no bitter aftertaste. And you can actually get it in different flavors, which taste really authentic (I love the cinnamon one and the vanilla creme). And the thing is, it's an herb that is naturally sweet, it's not artificial. Native Americans actually used to use it as a sweetener. In fact, it actually can be GOOD for you. There are alot of brands of it that I think are good, although personally I can recommend SweetLeaf. The liquid is called SteviaClear. It also can come in powder. I don't care too much for the powder, although it DOES dissolve better than splenda.

I also like agave nectar instead of sugar. It's got a thinner texture than honey, so it mixes well, and it's sweeter than honey, but has a lower glycemic index.

Edited by zunshynn

goldenchild17

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='23 September 2009 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1253721390' post='1971492']
The smart guy on Youtube told me that aspartame contains nanotechnological gps chips so that the Illuminati can track you wherever you go. :yes:
[/quote]

+1 if I could give one. So here it is, in spirit. :smokey:

[quote name='zunshynn' date='22 October 2009 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1256194650' post='1989555']
Aspartame is bad news. So is xylitol... splenda's not so hot either.
[/quote]

Xylitol is not harmful. It's actually a natural sugar found in the environment in berries and other fruits. I used to work in a health food store and they sold xylitol nasal spray and drops because it has natural antibacterial qualities. It's often found in toothpaste and gum because it helps increase saliva.

http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/xylitol_natural_sweetener.html

http://www.xylitol.org/faqs.asp#6

Edited by InHisLove726

Also, just wanted to let everyone know that my symptoms have completely subsided since giving up asparatame. It took a while for it to get completely out of my system (a few weeks), but it's done. :)

I've been steering clear of everything with asparatame. :))

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 October 2009 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1256190548' post='1989513']
Isn't most sugarless hum malitol and sorbitol and xylitol? Some of those are really hard on the digestion, but not really related to aspartame at all.
My body doesn't react well to malitol. :)
[/quote]

All sugarless gum either contains saccharin (Carefree gum) or aspartame. I've not been able to find any that have Splenda as a substitute.

BTW, you wanna know why sorbitol doesn't digest well?

It's used as non-stimulant laxative in medical facilities. :yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorbitol

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 September 2009 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1253683410' post='1971358']
Adult onset allergies are weird. Just a couple months ago my dad spontaneously developed an allergy to shellfish. No reason for it. It just happened.
[/quote]

i hear that. recently(past few years) i all at once developed non lifethreatening but very uncomfortable allergies to sesame seed oil, bananas(apparently a rare one, but i dont like em anyways), and almonds(no more almond butter again! NOOOOOOOOO!)

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='22 October 2009 - 03:21 AM' timestamp='1256196061' post='1989564']
i hear that. recently(past few years) i all at once developed non lifethreatening but very uncomfortable allergies to sesame seed oil, bananas(apparently a rare one, but i dont like em anyways), and almonds(no more almond butter again! NOOOOOOOOO!)
[/quote]

My family friend developed an allergy to bananas as well. Anytime they eat one, their tongue gets thousands of little blisters and burns. :thumbdown:

Edited by InHisLove726

[quote name='InHisLove726' date='22 October 2009 - 02:18 AM' timestamp='1256195925' post='1989563']
All sugarless gum either contains saccharin (Carefree gum) or aspartame. I've not been able to find any that have Splenda as a substitute.

BTW, you wanna know why sorbitol doesn't digest well?

It's used as non-stimulant laxative in medical facilities. :yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorbitol
[/quote]
I stand corrected, and that thing about sorbitol surprises me not a whit. :P I had too much in some sugarfree candies one day..... baaaaaaad stuff.

By soda you mean fizzy pop? ( Not American!)

This is clearly a US thing as it is almost unseen in this house; as are artificial sweeteners, decaff etc.

Interesting the differences.

PS. never gum either!!

[quote name='alleros' date='23 October 2009 - 06:50 AM' timestamp='1256298633' post='1990192']
By soda you mean fizzy pop? ( Not American!)

This is clearly a US thing as it is almost unseen in this house; as are artificial sweeteners, decaff etc.

Interesting the differences.
[/quote]