Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Priest Asked Noisy Children To Leave


Recommended Posts

Posted

I believe that the cries of those children were prayers of great supplication to Almighty God.

Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='04 October 2009 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1254689364' post='1977498']
I believe that the cries of those children were prayers of great supplication to Almighty God.
[/quote]

:)

I kinda giggle to myself when there's a baptism and the baby cries. I can't help but think that the exorcism part of baptism must have went well.

Posted

+J.M.J.+
sometimes i'd like to ask the priest to leave because he teaches too much heresy. :mellow:

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' date='04 October 2009 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1254690547' post='1977519']
+J.M.J.+
sometimes i'd like to ask the priest to leave because he teaches too much heresy. :mellow:
[/quote]
:lol:

Last Sunday the priest painted Jan Hus as an unfairly persecuted reformer, and the Church as the bad guy. :(
I hear people walked out. I didn't see. (In the second row.)

Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='04 October 2009 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1254690955' post='1977523']
:lol:

Last Sunday the priest painted Jan Hus as an unfairly persecuted reformer, and the Church as the bad guy. :(
I hear people walked out. I didn't see. (In the second row.)
[/quote]

Jan Hus deserved what he got.

:mellow:

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YU5mPEjPHcQ/SnZpHsvq3LI/AAAAAAAAF5g/Sye9-ailycM/s320/Jan+Hus+burned+at+the+stake+1485.jpg[/img]

Posted

Is the guy on the left sticking a marshmallow into the flames? :)

Posted

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='04 October 2009 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1254691081' post='1977525']
Jan Hus deserved what he got.

:mellow:

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YU5mPEjPHcQ/SnZpHsvq3LI/AAAAAAAAF5g/Sye9-ailycM/s320/Jan+Hus+burned+at+the+stake+1485.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I hope this doesn't turn into another "It's ok for the Church to burn people to death" thread.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='04 October 2009 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1254691081' post='1977525']
Jan Hus deserved what he got.

:mellow:

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YU5mPEjPHcQ/SnZpHsvq3LI/AAAAAAAAF5g/Sye9-ailycM/s320/Jan+Hus+burned+at+the+stake+1485.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I was seriously disappointed that day. I really enjoy listening to that priest in particular because he has an extremely unique way of speaking.
I can't take him seriously anymore though.

It really seems to undermine what we work for. There are so many different anti-Catholic biases that we try to overcome every single day, both with non-Catholics and lukewarm Catholics. We can work for months or years in slowly building the credibility of the Church and the Church's fidelity to God's command, but then all it takes is a couple homilies like these that reinforce all the biases we've been working against.

Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='04 October 2009 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1254683932' post='1977440']
...
As for pre-rationals and Sunday obligation: that argument is rather flat footed and dim. I do not bring my daughters to Mass so they fulfill their obligations; I know quite well they have no obligation to fulfill. I bring them to be in the presence of God; to teach them how to worship; and to worship as a family; to stand before God and show him that my family loves him.


The Gospel reading today (the part in brackets in my misselette) seem quite aprospros today.
[/quote]
I agree.

I also think that in addition to teaching our children how to worship and so on, we all learn something from having children in our midst at Mass. They are our "weaker brothers," in a sense, but we are also called to emulate something of the way they come into faith. I think most of us have been to Mass enough times that we know what's going on, even if we get distracted for a few seconds (or even minutes), and while we still benefit from paying strict attention to the liturgy there may be other lessons for us to learn in addition to the obvious.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='04 October 2009 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1254691195' post='1977528']
Is the guy on the left sticking a marshmallow into the flames? :)
[/quote]
They'd probably taste really gross. :ohno:

Posted

[quote name='Kitty' date='04 October 2009 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1254691266' post='1977530']
I hope this doesn't turn into another "It's ok for the Church to burn people to death" thread.
[/quote]
No! No! :hijack:

I think that the thread is actually about a priest who asked that a couple of children be taken outside during Mass.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted
:ohno:


:blink:


I can't believe the murder of Jan Hus is being made into a joke. :sadder:
:weep:
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='04 October 2009 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1254691425' post='1977535']
They'd probably taste really gross. :ohno:
[/quote]
That is a matter of opinion. :)

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='04 October 2009 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1254691451' post='1977537']
I can't believe the murder of Jan Hus is being made into a joke. :sadder:
:weep:
[/quote]
I was not making fun of the execution of Jan Hus. I was making light (pun intended) of the posted picture.

Posted

In the Eastern Churches children (including babies) receive holy communion, so their attendance at the divine liturgy is seen as very important to their spiritual growth in Christ.

Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='04 October 2009 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1254691430' post='1977536']
No! No! :hijack:

I think that the thread is actually about a priest who asked that a couple of children be taken outside during Mass.
[/quote]
It was ... then it took an unfortunate turn towards the macabre.

Posted

I think it is back on track now. :)

Nihil Obstat
Posted

I blame Lil Red.


...and me... :sadwalk:

Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='04 October 2009 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1254691779' post='1977544']
In the Eastern Churches children (including babies) receive holy communion, so their attendance at the divine liturgy is seen as very important to their spiritual growth in Christ.
[/quote]

:yes:

Posted

The priest was wrong to ask for the removal of the children, but rather than attack him, let us pray that God enlighten him about the importance of children attending divine worship with their parents.

After all . . . Church is not just for adults.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...