An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

I is bad at my dailies.   :paperbag: And my habits. And my to-dos. :p I'm good at giving myself rewards I haven't earned though. ;) No hat here anytime soon. :p

Now you can do this, Ploomf!    You  just need to start very small and figure out some dailies and habits that you can build on!   We need you or your Fiance will become too full of himself for you to handle!   ;)  Do one thing at a time and soon those 'to do's' will be 'I duns'!    :winner:

Edited by AnneLine

ChristinaTherese

My to-dos are getting redder and redder. They're finishing finals... and that isn't happening before Monday and Tuesday.

Well fortunately, to-dos which turn bright red still can't hurt you. The really red ones are actually worth more than yellow ones. The reason for this is to encourage you to get things on your to-do list long before they are due, so that you can be reminded to do them very often.

TheresaThoma

I'm starting to work my way up there. Most of my dailies though are prayer stuff, which I haven't been that good about.

maximillion

Right. So.

It is a bit scary to find how motivated I am to get that bar to move.

Nothing else motivated me like this, I've been looking at the pile of art materials on the living room floor for three weeks. Now.....THEY'RE GONE!!!!

TheresaThoma

Woot woot, stuff is getting done. 

However I missed some prayer stuff so my health took a hit but I figure it will be back up in no time. 

Wow!   Now the only problem is ARFink is SO BUSY doing habits we never see him in his own random thread!!!!!

Max, go ahead and join us!   Don't be afraid.  I had to ask ARFink a few questions and watch the video a few times.  And move stuff around a bit on the 2nd day... and may make some adjustments today as well!    There's even a  kind of a chat available within the thing.... just look under the 'heart' on the black bar on the top, and go to 'party' and you will see it!!!!   

My counseling background tells me they are taking advantage of the ability of rewards to motivate people, and combine both the regular rewards that habits provide AND the extra incentive of irregular rewards to keep people excited and motivated.  And the social aspect to keep it fun and competitive.  The thing is brilliant.

The only thing it does NOT have is a feature I really liked on a similar habit-building thing I did at one point called Daily Feats.    THEY had some decent $$$ behind them, and they offered a combination of real-world coupon rewards one would work toward earning (meal and grocery discounts, etc.)  (yup, Mr. AL loved that!!!!) AND the ability to donate your 'coins' in the real world to charity.  At first I thought it was silly... but do you know... by the time I stopped using it (a few months), I had donated SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS to the Wounded Warrior Project!   Talk about feeling that all the good you did was doing some good!!!!!

The only thing I didn't like about Daily Feats was that they kept fiddling with the platform to the point it got unusable.  I hope these guys are a LITTLE more restrained!

BUT back to working on my 'FlyLady Morning Routine' - yup, I let myself sleep in because I am working at getting enough sleep!!!!!!  :)

TheresaThoma

This is ARFink on his day off.... enjoying art and thinking of Ploof....

DSC01168-300x225.jpg

Well with the picture on the left it looks like some wedding planning going on. Perhaps ideas for their first dance?