An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thankfulness Thread!

ThereseMaria

When I read your post and my eyes first went to the world for MIA and I thought it had to do with my middle name... I feel very vain right now. :baghead:

heheh  sorry, Carter!  

No actually our President gave us a bit of a scare.  She told me she would be mailing out the agenda for our meeting on Wednesday... and the meeting is today,.. and no agenda and no response to emails or phone calls!  Now normally we wouldn't worry, but she's been very ill last few months, and we wer ally preety scared!   But she called a little while ago to let me know she is OK as of now and planning to come to the meeting.

Please keep her in your prayers, everyone!  And also for our upcoming elections.  We need prayers for openness to the Holy Spirit...

I am thankful for this amazing job so I can provide for myself and help relatives. I am thankful for the weekend to rest, my confessor and priest, and the beauty of our faith in which I find comfort.

maximillion

I am thankful for my new eating plan and all the yummy goodies I was able to buy yesterday. 

25 years ago it was a hunt, now they are mainstream.

I am grateful for the fun game tht ARFink found, which helps one develop really good habits (as in deeds, not clothing).  Check out this link on his random thread...

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/130917-arfink-thread-of-randomness-mkiii/?p=2661439

and this video ....

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/130917-arfink-thread-of-randomness-mkiii/?p=2661459

for more details,.... and maybe come play with us!  

I've gotten a TON more done the last 2 days because of this!!!!

I am incredibly grateful for those who use their gifts and charisms and skills to help others in ways like this!!!!

maximillion

I am already thankful for the habitrpg.

And lots of props to ARFink for finding and posting it.

My oh my!

ChristinaTherese

For it having been exactly one year since my first Confession. (I'm a convert. No, I didn't memorize the date. But it was pretty easy figuring after I remembered that it must be pretty close just before receiving the Eucharist at Mass today. Then I ran the math later, and lo and behold, it was exactly a year.)

For being able to do a bunch of work at a cupcake and coffee shop today. (I have a term paper due soon, and just had to work on a Sunday. So I decided to try to get out and have some fun while doing my work. At least a change of scenery... not to mention good food and drink.)

maximillion

For good friends. Am off to see one of mine today.

For someone coming to take over the Art In Mind group after I gave it up and to the Carmelites who prayed about this.

For an 82.5% on a math test I thought I was going to fail.

Edited by cartermia

maximillion

Well done. Math is my downfall. So fortunate I went to college as a mature student and none of the Sats were required!

Thankful today for my lovely cuddly cat and for the sunshine, and for well wishers!

maximillion

For the wonderful fresh trout I had for supper, and even more for it's being in the cut price section of the fishmongers.

There were two big fishies in the package so now I have a cooked one for tomorrow too.

Praise God for wonderful food ........

AMEN to that.   And for people who share their bounty of trout.... :pray:   or at least say a prayer for the rest of us if they can't get it across the pond in a timely manner ;)

I am grateful that my husband has his vacation this week, and that we have been able to spend some extra time together!!!!!!!   :heart: :heart:

Edited by AnneLine