Kayte Postle

Kayte Discerns (An Ongoing Journey)

GraceUk

I hope your visit goes well but don't rush into things.  But on the other hand I've read stories from nuns where they knew immediately they walked through the door it was the right community for them. 

Kayte Postle

Hello my pham. 

Update: I am completely medication free! We were actually able to take me off a little faster than anticipated, so it has been three weeks medication free. I am doing very well. The normal stresses of life come up as usual, but I am dealing with them in normal healthy ways. It's honestly a miracle from the Lord. I am so happy right now. 

Discernment wise, things are very much at peace. I have my visit with a certain community on April 6th, which I am looking forward to very much. I also signed up for a general Lenten retreat given by my favorite community on March 30th. I am so excited to go to their monastery for a general retreat, and just be among them. (Ironically the theme of the retreat is "Finding your personal vocation"). This is a community I have loved since the very early days of my discernment (way back in 2011). Like I said in my last post, this is another community I never let myself dream that I might ever be healthy enough to discern with. There have been times where I would literally be heartsick at the sight of this community on my FB feed. I vividly remember crying a lot the day I found out I couldn't even visit while on meds. It will still be some time before I can visit this community as the last time I contacted them (many years ago) they said they would like me to be off medication for a considerable amount of time before visiting. I'm perfectly happy and at peace with this. I'm in no rush. I'm just on the verge of tears out of joy that I might have the ability to discern with them eventually. 

I just wanted to share my good news, and rejoice. I love y'all and constantly pray for you. =) 

BarbaraTherese

You are blest indeed, Kayte.   And even more blessings on your Lenten retreat and discernment journey.  Thank you for the update too.

Antigonos

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!  No matter how discernment goes, being off meds and coping well is excellent news!