An Old School Catholic Message Board

Islam And Homosexuality

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' date='14 December 2009 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1260823328' post='2020524']
No he's not.

Muhammad [i]may[/i] have left us what is in the Qur'an. We don't know for sure how clear the line from the present text back to him is. Most of what we consider to be "Islam" was crafted over the first few centuries after Muhammad's death. The Hadith were collected by Bukari about a century after Muhammad died. Ditto with the biographies.
[/quote]
I thought for a moment you were Hussain, and was rather shocked by the post.

:lol_roll:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='14 December 2009 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1260822940' post='2020518']
All I posted was a article that you didn't even bother to read.[/quote]
Sadly, I'm kind of busy (too busy for this thread at all perhaps) and that topic isn't absolutely relevant to the major issue anyway. Maybe later.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='14 December 2009 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1260822940' post='2020518']I see that your emotions are ruling you. That you are making this debate very personal. I only point out that a 9 year old is still in many ways a child, where as a 12 year old has more of a body of an adult, and thus can more safely bare children, and the sex act itself, than the child body of a 9 year old. [/quote]
I assure you I have purged all emotion Knight. Perhaps you are projecting your own subjective states onto my perfectly emotionless posts. *raises eyebrow*

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='14 December 2009 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1260822940' post='2020518']
Yes, state this whilst you look in the mirror.
[/quote]
Okay? Nothing happened.

More later if I can find time...

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='14 December 2009 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1260823734' post='2020528']
*raises eyebrow*[/quote]
You're using the wrong avatar.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='14 December 2009 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1260823550' post='2020527']
I thought for a moment you were Hussain, and was rather shocked by the post.

:lol_roll:
[/quote]

lol, yeah I've gotten confused by the names a few times myself.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='14 December 2009 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1260823734' post='2020528']
I assure you I have purged all emotion Knight. Perhaps you are projecting your own subjective states onto my perfectly emotionless posts. *raises eyebrow*[/quote]

Spock would not agree.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1260823293' post='2020522']
:busted_red: This is the PC police. Cease and desist immediately.
[/quote]
:lol_pound: haha, good one.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='14 December 2009 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1260824040' post='2020537']
Spock would not agree.
[/quote]
:sadder:

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='15 December 2009 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1260823885' post='2020533']
You're using the wrong avatar.
[/quote]
And he's being unemotional :rolleyes: Dam' I just discovered knight beat me to it. :sadder:

Edited by Mark of the Cross

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='15 December 2009 - 08:15 AM' timestamp='1260825304' post='2020553']
Someone give me a prod when the argument commences. :coffee:
[/quote]

Noooo

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='14 December 2009 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1260825117' post='2020549']
And he's being unemotional :rolleyes: Dam' I just discovered knight beat me to it. :sadder:
[/quote]
Actually I find it quite amusing that someone would suppose that I have any kind of emotional investment in defending Islam. The only notable emotion that I have in relation to this discussion is embarrassment. It seems likely that some will label me "PC" and write me off, but I have found the general response to our Muslim members by the 'louder' contingent on phatmass to be saddening and even frustrating.

If I were Muslim many of the probable details of Muhammad's life would be disturbing to me and my faith, but this does not mean that it is a good witness for Catholics to declare Muhammad a "pedophile" ad nauseaum. The possibilities for meaningful debate are so much broader, but each thread that I've seen ends up being dragged down by such rubbish.

And I would feel the same way were a group of Mormons to get the same kind of reception, or Jews; it isn't about Islam.

The predicable response will likely be something quite childish such as pointing out the faults of the Muslim posters and asserting that they deserve the attacks, or that there is an unjust double-standard, that they're simply "saying the truth" as opposed to being "PC."

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='14 December 2009 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1260825800' post='2020564']
Actually I find it quite amusing that someone would suppose that I have any kind of emotional investment in defending Islam. The only notable emotion that I have in relation to this discussion is embarrassment. It seems likely that some will label me "PC" and write me off, but I have found the general response to our Muslim members by the 'louder' contingent on phatmass to be saddening and even frustrating.

If I were Muslim many of the probable details of Muhammad's life would be disturbing to me and my faith, but this does not mean that it is a good witness for Catholics to declare Muhammad a "pedophile" ad nauseaum. The possibilities for meaningful debate are so much broader, but each thread that I've seen ends up being dragged down by such rubbish.

And I would feel the same way were a group of Mormons to get the same kind of reception, or Jews; it isn't about Islam.

The predicable response will likely be something quite childish such as pointing out the faults of the Muslim posters and asserting that they deserve the attacks, or that there is an unjust double-standard, that they're simply "saying the truth" as opposed to being "PC."
[/quote]

Have you found time that you didn't have now? I state you were being emotional because of the emotional language you directed to HCF and myself ie "spew" and such. As well as laughing at our posts ie "haha", laughter is a emotion.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1260825304' post='2020553']
Someone give me a prod when the argument commences. :coffee:
[/quote]
The actual topic died many pages ago, but it wasn't particularly good in the first place.

Instead of the form, "here is what Islam teaches, hahaha, isn't that crazy." I would suggest (now that we have Muslim members), "what does Islam teach about XYZ?" to which Muslims can respond. This is not PC, it is common courtesy and what I would hope for if I were representing the Catholic Faith on a non-Catholic website.