An Old School Catholic Message Board

Islam And Homosexuality

HisChildForever

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1260773110' post='2020102']
Excellent question. I, however, would just stop after saying "I don't understand why homosexuality in Islam is punishable by death" because that in and of itself is absolutely barbaric.
[/quote]

Really now? That's a fascinating judgment. I'd love to see if you extend that to your God as well.

HisChildForever

To prevent any confusion from taking place, I have Hassan on ignore. Therefore I will not be reading his posts, nor will I be responding to them.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 01:52 AM' timestamp='1260773525' post='2020106']
To prevent any confusion from taking place, I have Hassan on ignore. Therefore I will not be reading his posts, nor will I be responding to them.
[/quote]

:ohno:

Not again :sadder:

The positive aspect of this is that now you will have an excuse not to address your blatant double standard on this issue. Of course you never addressed that when I wasn't on ignore... :unsure:

Edited by Hassan

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 01:52 AM' timestamp='1260773525' post='2020106']
[/quote]

Well it was an excellent question that still hasn't been answered by anyone so I think you might want to take a look :)

Hassan says:
[i]Really now? That's a fascinating judgment. I'd love to see if you extend that to your God as well. [/i]

The God Christians worship did sanction the barbaric execution of homosexuals.

[quote name='OraProMe' date='14 December 2009 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1260775058' post='2020122']
Well it was an excellent question that still hasn't been answered by anyone so I think you might want to take a look :)

Hassan says:
[i]Really now? That's a fascinating judgment. I'd love to see if you extend that to your God as well. [/i]

The God Christians worship did sanction the barbaric execution of homosexuals.
[/quote]

I wouldn't call any of the punishments in the Mosaic law barbaric. Obviously the Old Law is more burdensome and less perfect than the New Law, but the Old Law was of God, too.

HisChildForever

[quote name='OraProMe' date='14 December 2009 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1260775058' post='2020122']
[/quote]

I would rather not. I have him on ignore for a reason. He will do anything to take the focus off of Islam.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 02:27 AM' timestamp='1260775674' post='2020128']
I would rather not.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt about this.

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='14 December 2009 - 02:53 AM' timestamp='1260777239' post='2020152']
I'd be willing to dialogue with you about the immorality of homosexual acts, Hassan.
[/quote]

I don't think there is anything for us to discuss. I think your views are quite wrong however you seem to be consistent. You favor anti-sodomy laws and do not consider it barbaric to kill people 'guilty' of sodomy.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1260773038' post='2020101']
Aisha was "married" to him when she was six years old, and he slept with her when she was nine years old. Before he slept with her, I believe he practiced something called "thighing" which is inappropriate to discuss so that is all I will say about that.

Mary was fifteen or sixteen when she married Joseph. Aisha was six.
[/quote]

Engagement at 6, consummation of marriage at puberty aka 9.
The proposal to marry her was brought by others, not him.
Aisha was, yes at that age, ALREADY ENGAGED to another non-Muslim man.

It is the custom of Arab tribes back then to tighten relationships by direct marriage. Aisha (ra) was the daughter of Prophet Muhammad's (s) best friend Abu Bakr (ra).

Of all the people who hated Prophet Muhammad (s) it was the pagan Arabs. Never did they bring this topic up nor was it brought up for CENTURIES. It is a completely new concept based on the Western mindset of adulthood.

Out of all the arguments to dismiss Prophet Muhammad (s) this is by far the weakest.

So thankful to the Mother of the Believers, Aisha (ra). The greatest of scholars and of the best of examples.
Her erudition and knowledge of Prophet Muhammad's (s) daily life was unmatched.

HisChildForever

[quote name='extempers' date='14 December 2009 - 08:03 AM' timestamp='1260795782' post='2020207']
Engagement at 6, consummation of marriage at puberty aka 9.

It is the custom of Arab tribes back then to tighten relationships by direct marriage. Aisha (ra) was the daughter of Prophet Muhammad's (s) best friend Abu Bakr (ra). [/quote]

She was married to him when she was six or seven; she moved in with him and they consummated the "marriage" when she was nine.

[b]'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) [u]married me when I was six years old,[/u] and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (, may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him. Book 8, Number 3309.

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) [u]married me when I was six years old,[/u] and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old. Book 8, Number 3310

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) [u]married her when she was seven years old,[/u] and [u]he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine,[/u] and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old. Book 8, Number 3311[/b]

[quote] The proposal to marry her was brought by others, not him. [/quote]

As this justifies it. (Besides which, I have never seen any text explaining this.)

[quote] Aisha was, yes at that age, ALREADY ENGAGED to another non-Muslim man. [/quote]

Why would she be engaged to a NON-Muslim man? Source? Although this is irrelevant. Muhammad does not look any better just because another man (a non-Muslim) did it first.

[quote] Of all the people who hated Prophet Muhammad (s) it was the pagan Arabs. Never did they bring this topic up nor was it brought up for CENTURIES. It is a completely new concept based on the Western mindset of adulthood.[/quote]

It seems to be quite plainly illustrated in your holy texts.

[quote] Out of all the arguments to dismiss Prophet Muhammad (s) this is by far the weakest.

So thankful to the Mother of the Believers, Aisha (ra). The greatest of scholars and of the best of examples.
Her erudition and knowledge of Prophet Muhammad's (s) daily life was unmatched.
[/quote]

I found this from the same Islamic website I quoted above:

[b]The issue remains as to whether or not Muhammad acted rightly in marrying a six year old. [u]Certainly, it is wrong according to the natural order of Allah's creation. In fact, many nations of the world list such behavior as a crime against nature. Thus, it must be concluded that Muhammad committed a grave moral sin against the moral order of Allah's creation.[/u] And, his behavior is a reprehensible example for others to follow. It is tragic to read news reports of old men marrying children in some Islamic countries, because they seek to follow the example of Muhammad who married a child. Muhammad had such an interest in fondling young girls, he criticized even the lawful marriage union of two grown adults.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: When I got married, Allah's Apostle said to me, "What type of lady have you married?" I replied, "I have married a matron' [u]He said, "Why, don't you have a liking for the virgins and for fondling them?"[/u] Jabir also said: Allah's Apostle said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you might play with her and she with you?' Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 17.[/b]

Sick, sick, sick. ANY man who gets physically aroused by a child has a problem.

http://www.muhammadanism.org/Hadith/Topics/Marriage.htm

Edited by HisChildForever

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1260807201' post='2020253']
She was married to him when she was six or seven; she moved in with him and they consummated the "marriage" when she was nine.

[b]'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) [u]married me when I was six years old,[/u] and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (, may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him. Book 8, Number 3309.

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) [u]married me when I was six years old,[/u] and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old. Book 8, Number 3310

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) [u]married her when she was seven years old,[/u] and [u]he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine,[/u] and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old. Book 8, Number 3311[/b]

As this justifies it. (Besides which, I have never seen any text explaining this.)

Why would she be engaged to a NON-Muslim man? Source? Although this is irrelevant. Muhammad does not look any better just because another man (a non-Muslim) did it first.

It seems to be quite plainly illustrated in your holy texts.

I found this from the same Islamic website I quoted above:

[b]The issue remains as to whether or not Muhammad acted rightly in marrying a six year old. [u]Certainly, it is wrong according to the natural order of Allah's creation. In fact, many nations of the world list such behavior as a crime against nature. Thus, it must be concluded that Muhammad committed a grave moral sin against the moral order of Allah's creation.[/u] And, his behavior is a reprehensible example for others to follow. It is tragic to read news reports of old men marrying children in some Islamic countries, because they seek to follow the example of Muhammad who married a child. Muhammad had such an interest in fondling young girls, he criticized even the lawful marriage union of two grown adults.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: When I got married, Allah's Apostle said to me, "What type of lady have you married?" I replied, "I have married a matron' [u]He said, "Why, don't you have a liking for the virgins and for fondling them?"[/u] Jabir also said: Allah's Apostle said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you might play with her and she with you?' Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 17.[/b]

Sick, sick, sick. ANY man who gets physically aroused by a child has a problem.

[url="http://www.muhammadanism.org/Hadith/Topics/Marriage.htm"]http://www.muhammada...cs/Marriage.htm[/url]
[/quote]

That is NOT an Islamic website. It is run by a missionary group. You really need to validate the authenticity of your sources to substantiate an argument.

[quote name='Hussain' date='14 December 2009 - 10:18 AM' timestamp='1260807539' post='2020255']
That is NOT an Islamic website. It is run by a missionary group. You really need to validate the authenticity of your sources to substantiate an argument.
[/quote]
How accurate are the quotations provided?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='14 December 2009 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1260807633' post='2020256']
How accurate are the quotations provided?
[/quote]

:blowkiss: