An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Catholic Monarch Of Prophecy

kafka

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='16 April 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1271432693' post='2094700']
i think this kind of thinking can be dangerous for some people...but at the same time its really interesting...while possibly not being accurate...it could still be true in ways.
[/quote]
everyone (except for Jesus and Mary) is in the fallen state in this our temporal life. It is possible to overemphasize any field of knowledge, not just eschatology. Some truths are more important than others. There is order in everything including even the truths of the Faith.

So if that is the point then I agree, however I dont think one should be judging my own personal studies, intentions, freedoms, etc.

Take it or leave it.

Edited by kafka

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='16 April 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1271432693' post='2094700']
i think this kind of thinking can be dangerous for some people...but at the same time its really interesting...while possibly not being accurate...it could still be true in ways.
[/quote]
That's why I personally am more inclined to study the Scriptural and patristic basis of eschatology rather than the speculative side. :)

infinitelord1

[quote name='kafka' date='16 April 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1271433057' post='2094706']
everyone (except for Jesus and Mary) is in the fallen state in this our temporal life. It is possible to overemphasize any field of knowledge, not just eschatology. Some truths are more important than others. There is order in everything including even the truths of the Faith.

So if that is the point then I agree, however I dont think one should be judging my own personal studies, intentions, freedoms, etc.

Take it or leave it.
[/quote]

i was saying that because some people might put their faith into these things, and when it doesnt come true exactly when they thought it would then they might lose faith and hope.

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='16 April 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1271435116' post='2094736']
i was saying that because some people might put their faith into these things, and when it doesnt come true exactly when they thought it would then they might lose faith and hope.
[/quote]
Sorry I was making some general comments, not meant to be directed at you.

Sacred Tradition is infallible.
Sacred Scripture is infallible.

Only the spiritual teaching of the Church called Magisterium may interpret Sacred Scripture infallibly.

the only teachings a Catholic is required to give his or her sacred assent of faith to is the infallible teachings of the Magisterium.

this is speculative theology. It is fallible. Able to be erroneous, yet not necessarily so since it is based on infallible Scripture and private revelations. A person should read it and judge for himself if the speculations are reasonable or sound or fit in with other truths of the Faith, etc. but never give their sacred assent of Faith to this or whatever a private theologian writes, I dont care who he is. The nature of one's assent to truth to a teaching found in private theological works, or personally found in Sacred Scripture is different than the sacred assent of Faith.

I think in the future as the Church enters the Tribulation, matures and moves ever closer to the Second Coming, the Magisterium will teach many more infallible truths about the End Times.

A beautiful [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3f9UfTcVQ&feature=related"]explanation[/url] of the Catholic understanding of end times from a Thomistic perspective.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='17 April 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1271537182' post='2095221']
A beautiful [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3f9UfTcVQ&feature=related"]explanation[/url] of the Catholic understanding of end times from a Thomistic perspective.
[/quote]
I find that one a little too legalistic and spiritless. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g&feature=related"]This lecture[/url] by a Benedictine friar is more spiritually valuable, in my opinion.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='17 April 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1271538662' post='2095224']
I find that one a little too legalistic and spiritless. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g&feature=related"]This lecture[/url] by a Benedictine friar is more spiritually valuable, in my opinion.
[/quote]

That Benedictine monk's explanation on end times was incredibly spiritually uplifting for me. It was so spiritually uplifting, that I decided to find more works by the same author. In so doing, I discovered [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz10BUCP2dE"]this[/url] equally as spiritual and moving work on the topic.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='17 April 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1271539164' post='2095227']
That Benedictine monk's explanation on end times was incredibly spiritually uplifting for me. It was so spiritually uplifting, that I decided to find more works by the same author. In so doing, I discovered [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz10BUCP2dE"]this[/url] equally as spiritual and moving work on the topic.
[/quote]
That man must be a genius. :yes: A prophet, even.

[quote name='kafka' date='18 April 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1271622547' post='2095739']
I dont appreciate that.
[/quote]
werd

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='kafka' date='18 April 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1271622547' post='2095739']
I dont appreciate that.
[/quote]
Sorry. That should have been done on another thread.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='18 April 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1271622986' post='2095748']
Sorry. That should have been done on another thread.
[/quote]
or perhaps it should not have been done at all. In any case, I came up with another list with additional reasons why I think the first part of the Tribulation will unfold over the next few decades and most likely start within a few short years.

* Three seperate Catholic mystics potentially predicted the year 2038 would have eschatological significance granted the merged set of feast days refer to that year and not another future year which I see as unlikely.

Werdin d'Otrante

"The Pope will cross the sea in a year when the Feast of St. George (April 23rd) falls on Good Friday, and St. Mark's feast (April 25th) falls on Easter Sunday, and the feast of St. Anthony (June 13th) falls on Pentecost and the feast of St. John the Baptist (June 24th) falls on Corpus Christi. The Great Monarch will come to restore peace and the Pope will share in the victory."

Saint Bridget of Sweden:

"When the Feast of St. Mark (April 25) shall fall on Easter, the Feast of St. Anthony (June 13) on Pentecost, and that of St. John (June 24th) on Corpus Christi, the whole world shall cry, Woe!"

Ven. Magdalene Porzat (d. 1850)

"In the year when Easter occurs on the feast of St. Mark (April 25), Pentecost on the feast of St. Anthony (June 13) and Corpus Christi occurs on the feast of St. John the Baptist (June 24), then the whole world will cry: WOE! WOE! WOE!"

* The loss of the Catholic identity in universities, seminaries and schools for example Notre Dame, however the problem is much more severe. What has been happening is some members of faculty have lost their faith and have began spreading their errors for a whole generation now (roughly 40 years or so). The errors on faith, morals and salvation have spread among the Faithful like thorns choking a field of flowers. Consider this quote from Ven. Pope John Paul II from Veritatis Splendor (promulgated in 1993):

"In fact, a new situation has come about [b]within the Christian community itself[/b], which has experienced the spread of numerous doubts and objections of a human and psychological, social and cultural, religious and even properly theological nature, with regard to the Church's moral teachings. It is no longer a matter of limited and occasional dissent, but of an overall and systematic calling into question of traditional moral doctrine, on the basis of certain anthropological and ethical presuppositions."

"In particular, note should be taken of the lack of harmony between the traditional response of the Church and certain theological positions, [b]encountered even in Seminaries and in Faculties of Theology[/b], with regard to questions of the greatest importance for the Church and for the life of faith of Christians, as well as for the life of society itself."

* Artificial procreation is intrinsically evil and always gravely immoral and many grave sins surround the practice of artificial procreation. I recently learned that there is a most probable estimate of over one million human persons frozen and thus enslaved in the embryo stage of develepment, stored in clinics throughout the world. Most probably 99.9% of these prenatals will never recieve a live birth and end up dying. This is something that was beyond imagination for me. Like a nightmare from some science fiction novel. In addition many artificially procreated persons are simply destroyed in the process of transfer or simply destroyed as left overs after fertilization. Some practices surrounding artificial procreation are abortive and rival in number the other acts of abortion.

* The powerful influence of sinful secular society over the hearts and minds of the Faithful. The errors and sins of modern sinful secular society has become very powerful through means of the mass media, entertainment, technology and globalization. In the past the evil influence of others was more isolated, yet now there is no underestimating this new influence which can be very subtle. Modern novelists, artists, etc. have considered the effects over the heart and mind of mass media and other modern trends like technology, etc, and how this damages the human person. Consider how powerful of an influence the internet has become?

Well these things have also damaged the Faithful. Almost everyone has been affected. Everyone, unless one have lived in isolation over the past half century. It seems to me that a majority of Catholics cannot even discern between a Christian way of life as opposed to a neo-pagan modern secular way of life. We have intermingled and incorporated a lot of the evil in the world around us. Even the clergy has been affected, since the clergy comes from the laity.

* The liturgical abuses we often discuss here at the phorum.

There are other reasons, but that is all for now.

Edited by kafka

infinitelord1

[quote name='kafka' date='19 April 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1271692876' post='2096231']
or perhaps it should not have been done at all. In any case, I came up with another list with additional reasons why I think the first part of the Tribulation will unfold over the next few decades and most likely start within a few short years.

* Three seperate Catholic mystics potentially predicted the year 2038 would have eschatological significance granted the merged set of feast days refer to that year and not another future year which I see as unlikely.

Werdin d'Otrante

"The Pope will cross the sea in a year when the Feast of St. George (April 23rd) falls on Good Friday, and St. Mark's feast (April 25th) falls on Easter Sunday, and the feast of St. Anthony (June 13th) falls on Pentecost and the feast of St. John the Baptist (June 24th) falls on Corpus Christi. The Great Monarch will come to restore peace and the Pope will share in the victory."

Saint Bridget of Sweden:

"When the Feast of St. Mark (April 25) shall fall on Easter, the Feast of St. Anthony (June 13) on Pentecost, and that of St. John (June 24th) on Corpus Christi, the whole world shall cry, Woe!"

Ven. Magdalene Porzat (d. 1850)

"In the year when Easter occurs on the feast of St. Mark (April 25), Pentecost on the feast of St. Anthony (June 13) and Corpus Christi occurs on the feast of St. John the Baptist (June 24), then the whole world will cry: WOE! WOE! WOE!"

* The loss of the Catholic identity in universities, seminaries and schools for example Notre Dame, however the problem is much more severe. What has been happening is some members of faculty have lost their faith and have began spreading their errors for a whole generation now (roughly 40 years or so). The errors on faith, morals and salvation have spread among the Faithful like thorns choking a field of flowers. Consider this quote from Ven. Pope John Paul II from Veritatis Splendor (promulgated in 1993):

"In fact, a new situation has come about [b]within the Christian community itself[/b], which has experienced the spread of numerous doubts and objections of a human and psychological, social and cultural, religious and even properly theological nature, with regard to the Church's moral teachings. It is no longer a matter of limited and occasional dissent, but of an overall and systematic calling into question of traditional moral doctrine, on the basis of certain anthropological and ethical presuppositions."

"In particular, note should be taken of the lack of harmony between the traditional response of the Church and certain theological positions, [b]encountered even in Seminaries and in Faculties of Theology[/b], with regard to questions of the greatest importance for the Church and for the life of faith of Christians, as well as for the life of society itself."

* Artificial procreation is intrinsically evil and always gravely immoral and many grave sins surround the practice of artificial procreation. I recently learned that there is a most probable estimate of over one million human persons frozen and thus enslaved in the embryo stage of develepment, stored in clinics throughout the world. Most probably 99.9% of these prenatals will never recieve a live birth and end up dying. This is something that was beyond imagination for me. Like a nightmare from some science fiction novel. In addition many articially procreated persons are simply destroyed in the process of transfer or simply destroyed as left overs after fertilization. Some practices surrounding artificial procreation are abortive and rival in number the other acts of abortion.

* The powerful influence of sinful secular society over the hearts and minds of the Faithful. The errors and sins of modern sinful secular society has become very powerful through means of the mass media, entertainment, technology and globalization. In the past the evil influence of others was more isolated, yet now there is no underestimating this new influence which can be very subtle. Modern novelists, artists, etc. have considered the effects over the heart and mind of mass media and other modern trends like technology, etc, and how this damages the human person. Consider how powerful of an influence the internet has become?

Well these things have also damaged the Faithful. It seems to me that a majority of Catholics cannot even discern between a Christian way of life as opposed to a neo-pagan modern secular way of life. We have intermingled and incorporated a lot of the evil in the world around us. Even the clergy has been affected, since the clergy comes from the laity.

* The liturgical abuses we often discuss here at the phorum.

There are other reasons, but that is all for now.
[/quote]

let me ask you something... whats your record on these prophecies? are you like 0-10 or something like that? just curious. whats your track record? you ever been right? or even close to being right? you must have a reason to believe in what you believe in. am i right?

i dont mean to be harsh...im just curious. theres got to come a point when you question this stuff.

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='19 April 2010 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1271693896' post='2096235']
let me ask you something... whats your record on these prophecies? are you like 0-10 or something like that? just curious. whats your track record? you ever been right? or even close to being right? you must have a reason to believe in what you believe in. am i right?

i dont mean to be harsh...im just curious. theres got to come a point when you question this stuff.
[/quote]
nothing yet. I havent predicted anything in terms of years like Conte except for the prediction that the GCM is going to be crowned in the year 2040 or in the early 2040s by the Angelic Shepherd during the beginning of the Era of Peace after WWIV, the Comet, and the three days of darkness:

{20:4} For you have gone ahead of him with blessings of sweetness. You have placed a crown of precious stones on his head.

My general belief for about 14 years now is that we are living at the very dawn of the End Times. I havent always had a refined understanding. That has built up over the years. Conte helped me greatly, but before I ran into his works I already knew the GCM was alive and that the End Times would be beginning some time in my life. I was familiar with La Salette, Fatima and the private revelations.

Other than that I have been pretty open in this thread, sharing pretty much all my opinions and beliefs. I cant say I have shared every single thing I know, since I cant remember everything all at once, and I wont explicitly state who I think the GCM is since he isnt a public figure yet, so it is fitting only to share this privately. Plus I could be wrong.

Edited by kafka

as far as giving up belief that the first part of the Tribulation will not unfold in my lifetime, I'd say that if WWIII doesnt occur within the next decade, then I would abandon my position that the End Times begins in my lifetime, however I just dont see this not happening. Or perhaps WWIII and the prophecies will unfold other than I expect.

Still I feel I have an obligation to be honest and realistic at this point. This is not some fad or obsession. There is some concrete objective evidence, apart from my personal beliefs.

Edited by kafka