An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ketchup Chips

jeffpugh

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thy Geekdom Come

Okay...so just for the sake of my own clarity:

Yankees: Fries (rectangular prisms of potato-ey goodness) and Chips (thin crispy discs of potato-ey goodness)

Brits: Chips and Crisps

Aussies: Chips and Crisps?

Kiwis: Chups and Crisps?

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='11 February 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1265914871' post='2055387']
That sounds about right. Canucks call fries "chips" too. Context clears it up.
[/quote]
Not in Alberta.

[quote name='Raphael' date='11 February 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1265914300' post='2055378']

Yankees: Fries (rectangular prisms of potato-ey goodness) and Chips (thin crispy discs of potato-ey goodness)

Brits: Chips and Crisps

Aussies: Chips and Crisps?

Kiwis: Chups and Crisps?
[/quote]
Actually, IIRC, most Aussies pronounce "chips" as "cheeps" or, if it's at the end of a sentance, "che-EEEPS"

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Varg' date='11 February 2010 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1265911365' post='2055354']
I saw Branston Pickle flavour crisps earlier. Just...No :P
[/quote]
My dad would probably love those.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='11 February 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1265905336' post='2055311']Now THIS is a committed man!
[/quote]

or I just like chips, of any kind.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Raphael' date='11 February 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1265914300' post='2055378']

[/quote]

except when coupled with fried fish, then fries are chips. In which case it would be perfectly normal to put ketchup on your chips.

Edited by goldenchild17

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='11 February 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1265918121' post='2055417']
except when coupled with fried fish, then fries are chips. In which case it would be perfectly normal to put ketchup on your chips.
[/quote]
Iunno, I've heard that if you ask for Fish 'n' chips in some uper-states, they'll give you fish and a bag of chips.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='11 February 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1265929213' post='2055487']
Iunno, I've heard that if you ask for Fish 'n' chips in some uper-states, they'll give you fish and a bag of chips.
[/quote]

I haven't been to the "upper" states, so they don't count :P

• 2 weeks later...
laetitia crucis

NBC's "Today Show" just did a little segment on Poutine. Looked very tasty. :eat:

Then they did a little cooking bit featuring:

-- Classic Poutine;
-- "Breakfast" Poutine with all the normal stuff, plus crumbled bacon (not Canadien bacon - haha!) and a sunny-side up egg;
-- "Steak and Red Onions" Poutine; which Al Roker called "Philly Cheesesteak Poutine". The Canadien chef was a little offended by that... :hehe:

Where can I find this Poutine????? Is it ONLY in Canada? :sadder:

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='08 February 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1265696781' post='2053988']
A little over the top for trying just one, no?
[/quote]

She will not eat them, Sam i am, she does not like green eggs and ham.