An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teaching Muslim Children To Hate The Jews

HisChildForever

KeenanParkerII

Harems are anathema too. Sexual relations should be relegated to marriage alone. >__>

[quote]I'm sorry if it seems that way. Your posts remind me of one of my college friends. We got into the habit of really challenging one another's opinions because in a sense having to defend a statement more thoroughly better prepares you for when a protestant, muslim, etc puts your position to the test. I really don't mean anything by it. I can stop.[/quote]

No beef my friend. Good-hearted provocations cultivate thought not necessarily disagreement.

Edited by KeenanParkerII

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='19 February 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1266552905' post='2059264']
I agree with your assessment of that statement.
[/quote]
I agree with your aseessment of my assessment of that statement.

dominicansoul

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='19 February 2010 - 08:20 AM' timestamp='1266585646' post='2059366']
I believe many Catholics must convert to Catholicism.
[/quote]
...and we must begin first with ourselves...

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='18 February 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1266540394' post='2059046']
Didn't answer my questions, or my inferences for that matter. :) Besides, the Ka'bah is a historical structure before it is a religious structure, otherwise it wouldn't extend through a number of religious practices.
[/quote]

No. You [u]imply[/u]. You imply and then [u]I[/u] infer from what you implied.

In your post, you talked about how your Islam class is helping you to better understand why Islam is false. You cited the example of the information you learned about the historical nature of the origins of an Islamic tradition.

But that is an absolutely asinine reason to believe Islam is false. Deciding that Islam is false because of the "historical Mohammad" is just as backwards as deciding that Christianity is false because of all the facts we know about the "historical Jesus."

Have you ever watched the History/Discovery Channels around Easter time? Lots of "historical" croutons in there about the "historical Jesus" and what all these artifacts "really" mean and blah blah blah ...

If you want to know why Islam is false, learn about it from a prayerful, devout, thoughtful Muslim. Appreciating the beauty of another religion does not take away from our own, but rather points up the utter singularity of Christianity.

For example, Dr. Nasr lectures about how Christianity is primarily a way of love and sacrifice, whereas Islam is primarily a way of gnosis.

From all my experience and understanding of life, I know that love and sacrifice is much more integral to the fabric of reality and true to the identity of God than gnosis.

My religion is the true one.

This is a good reason for believing Islam is false, one that will stand the test of time and all the passing, ever-changing speculations of historians.

KeenanParkerII

I don't know why you're so angry. Maybe you're looking for someone to lash out at about Islam, but you couldn't have read what I said, which is why you probably said "blah blah blah..".

[quote] In your post, you talked about how your Islam class is helping you to better understand why Islam is false. You cited the example of the information you learned about the historical nature of the origins of an Islamic tradition.

But that is an absolutely asinine reason to believe Islam is false. Deciding that Islam is false because of the "historical Mohammad" is just as backwards as deciding that Christianity is false because of all the facts we know about the "historical Jesus."

Have you ever watched the History/Discovery Channels around Easter time? Lots of "historical" croutons in there about the "historical Jesus" and what all these artifacts "really" mean and blah blah blah ...[/quote]

In my post I discussed the historical basis for Islam. This historical basis for Islam has helped me, personally, understand why Islam is false. This class has nothing to do with religion, neither affirming nor denying it. If you have a problem with historical studies, that's your problem. Likewise, you have a misunderstanding of Historiography (the practice of history), confusing it with the terms "Historical Muhammad" or "Historical Jesus". They have nothing in common.

My assertion is that the orthopraxy of Islam develops from pagan religions and is glued together by a tradition of monotheism which spread through Arabia from Christian/Jewish regions. What's your problem with that? Do you not believe it? Maybe you really look up to Islam, but at least provide good reason for why I'm wrong rather than calling it asinine. Explain yourself or stop trolling.

Edited by KeenanParkerII

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='18 February 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1266523452' post='2058884']
Stop hating hater.

Originally Islam was somewhat tolerant of Christians and Jews. Their intent was expansion, not extermination. The concept of Dhimmah, taxation of non-Muslims, allowed Christians and Jews to live and partake in the Ummah (community)together.[/quote]

After military expansion, of course. And then there was the Seljuk Turk thing...

Though I may not always agree with Lilla, I think you are out of line for calling her a troll, or refering to her posts as trolling.

Just my 2 cents.

Pax.

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='19 February 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1266602864' post='2059500']
Though I may not always agree with Lilla, I think you are out of line for calling her a troll, or refering to her posts as trolling.

Just my 2 cents.

Pax.
[/quote]
I agree . . . Lilllabettt is not a troll.

Clearly, she and I do not agree on Islam, and in my opinion her views evince a type of theological indifferentism, but she is not a troll.

Edited by Apotheoun

KeenanParkerII

I'll edit my post if I am, but so far she's attacked every post without providing a rational or explanatory response. I don't know what you call that?

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='19 February 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1266603233' post='2059507']
I'll edit my post if I am, but so far she's attacked every post without providing a rational or explanatory response. I don't know what you call that?
[/quote]
Being a woman.

KeenanParkerII

[quote]i don't know what to call it.. are you looking to 'get even', or are you a Catholic?[/quote]

I know you're trying to infer something, but I'm not sure where you're coming from. Look at my posts Kolbe, I'm trying to explain why I believe islam is false from a historical perspective. I'm not sure it has anything to do with getting even or being Catholic, neither of which I am (yet :D).

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='19 February 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1266596927' post='2059412']
If you want to know why Islam is false, learn about it from a prayerful, devout, thoughtful Muslim. Appreciating the beauty of another religion does not take away from our own, but rather points up the utter singularity of Christianity.
[/quote]
The practice of a belief by a person is not the best way to evaluate the belief, in this case. The fact of the religion rejecting Christ as our Savior is the only thing a Catholic need to evaluate the religion, which is a false religion. What is true in the religion is not true because of Mahomet or any of his writers, but because it is true. What is false is false, no matter how prayerful or peaceful individual adherents may be. No Christ, no Peace. What is beautiful in Mohammedanism is beautiful because it is true, and is no credit to Mahomet.