An Old School Catholic Message Board

Passover One Week Away

todd_vetter33

dominicansoul

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='14 April 2010 - 11:24 AM' timestamp='1271258650' post='2093220']
If this thread is of no interest to you. Why are you here? Your not doing a very good job at illustrating greater truth? Last time i check. [b]this would classify as a clanging cymbal or noisy gong. essentially a waste of space. [/b] [/quote]

well...you are the expert on clanging cymbals and noisy gongs...what do you think all your comments compose? A symphony?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='14 April 2010 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1271256500' post='2093192']
It's because I'm a sucker for punishment, and more generally, I don't want anybody to stumble across this thread and think that nobody can answer your questions. [b]In reality, your questions are just stupid.[/b]
[/quote]

I second that fact...

todd_vetter33

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='14 April 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1271270709' post='2093354']
well...you are the expert on clanging cymbals and noisy gongs...what do you think all your comments compose? A symphony?

[/quote]

So to you truth is a clanging cybal and noisy gong? Please illustrate from Page 25 your current perception for truth regarding the starting point for 3 days and 3 nights. Choose any of the colored arrows presented for the time line on the top half of the page. Then explain why the colored Arrow that fits your perceptional view for the start point of the 3 days and 3 nights prophecy is more correct than any other denominational christian perception presented on the page. Then illustrate how your perception is a fulfillment of the perfect holy scripture of 3 days and 3 nights in the manner that God defined time.

Do this and you can silence the clanging cymbals and noisy gongs.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics.pdf[/url]

Please share the truth from God that you have and establish why it is greater truth for the fulfiment of Prophecy.

Or simply address the valid questions addressed below.

below are some questions you have dodged in the past. I'm using your recognized bible versions to address these questions. Are the references spurious?

Can a one time single event that lasted only minutes occur on more than one day? Can a one time single event that lasted only minutes be illustrated as occuring on more than one day and it still be truth from God? If we illustrate a single one time event on a day that it did not occur on, is the event being told in truth or a lie? if we claim an event occured on a day that it did not occur on are we telling a truth or a lie?

[color="#ff0000"]I'm only asking you to provide clarity for this [/color][color="#ff0000"]critical thinking skills concept [/color][color="#0000ff"]addressed in the above questions, due to what the Douay Rheims and NAB bible presents for the following topic for three single one time events. Since you have simply dodged the question in the past due to lacking the truth to answer the question I'll present why I am asking the question.
[/color]
[color="#0000ff"]These verses that follow from John, Matt and Luke for the single event of Jesus driving out the money changers from the temple Place this event on different days. John implies Jesus performed this event two years before it occurred on either 13 or 14 Nissan. Now According to [/color][color="#ff0000"]critical logical thinking[/color], [color="#0000ff"]the gospel of John must be thrown out and ignored, because it's spurious presenting a physical impossibility. I am personally under the understanding that a single one time event must be illustrated as occurring when it actually occurred or the event is not illustrated truthfully. For example: could the Hebrews receive the Law of God from the mountain in the wilderness two years before they left Egypt? Anyone trying to say yes to this question would clearly be telling a lie.
[/color]
John 2: 13-17 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)

Jesus drives out the money changers.

[b][sup]13[/sup][/b][b]And the pasch of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem[/b][b].[/b] [b][sup]14[/sup][/b]And he found in the temple them that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting. [b][sup]15[/sup][/b]And when he had made, as it were, a scourge of little cords, he drove them all out of the temple, the sheep also and the oxen, and the money of the changers he poured out, and the tables he overthrew. [b][sup]16[/sup][/b]And to them that sold doves he said: Take these things hence, and make not the house of my Father a house of traffic. [b][sup]17[/sup][/b]And his disciples remembered, that it was written: The zeal of thy house hath eaten me up.

John 2: 13-17 NAB (since some catholics prefer this version)

[b]13 Since the Passover of the Jews was near, Jesus went up to Jerusalem.[/b] 14 He found in the temple area those who sold oxen, sheep, and doves, as well as the money-changers seated there. 15 He made a whip out of cords and drove them all out of the temple area, with the sheep and oxen, and spilled the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables, 16 and to those who sold doves he said, "Take these out of here, and stop making my Father's house a marketplace." 17 His disciples recalled the words of scripture, "Zeal for your house will consume me."

[color="#0000ff"]What Follows in Matthew is the time line of events regarding Jesus triumphal entry, Jesus cleansing the temple of the money changers, and the cursing of the fig tree which according to Matthew occurred the next day from the first two illustrated events (triumphal entry and cleansing of the temple).

[/color]Matthew 21 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)
[color="#4b0082"][b][sup]1[/sup][/b]And when they drew nigh to Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto mount Olivet, then Jesus sent two disciples, [b][sup]2[/sup][/b]Saying to them: Go ye into the village that is over against you, and immediately you shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them and bring them to me. [b][sup]3[/sup][/b]And if any man shall say anything to you, say ye, that the Lord hath need of them: and forthwith he will let them go. [b][sup]4[/sup][/b]Now all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying:[b][sup]5[/sup][/b]Tell ye the daughter of Sion: Behold thy king cometh to thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of her that is used to the yoke.[b][sup]6[/sup][/b]And the disciples going, did as Jesus commanded them. [b][sup]7[/sup][/b]And they brought the ass and the colt, and laid their garments upon them, and made him sit thereon. [b][sup]8[/sup][/b]And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way: and others cut boughs from the trees, and strewed them in the way: [b][sup]9[/sup][/b]And the multitudes that went before and that followed, cried, saying: Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.[b][sup]10[/sup][/b]And when he was come into Jerusalem, the whole city was moved, saying: Who is this?[b][sup]11[/sup][/b]And the people said: This is Jesus the prophet, from Nazareth of Galilee.[/color] [color="#006400"][b][sup]12[/sup][/b]And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the chairs of them that sold doves: [b][sup]13[/sup][/b]And he saith to them: It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but you have made it a den of thieves.[/color] –[b][sup]18[/sup][/b][b] [color="#ff0000"]And in the morning, returning into the city, he was hungry[/color][/b].[color="#a0522d"][b][sup]19[/sup][/b]And seeing a certain fig tree by the way side, he came to it, and found nothing on it but leaves only, and he saith to it: May no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And immediately the fig tree withered away. [b][sup]20[/sup][/b]And the disciples seeing it wondered, saying: How is it presently withered away?[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]What follows in this next Mark passage are the same three events according to Mark. Mark illustrates the triumphal entry, then the the next day illustrates the cursing of the fig tree followed by Jesus driving out the money changers from the temple. Mark testimony does not agree with Matthew for the placement of these events. Who is telling the truth inspired by God since the holy spirit is not the author of Confusion and is claimed to bring to rememberance all truth?
[/color]
Mark 11 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)
[color="#4b0082"][b][sup]1[/sup][/b]And when they were drawing near to Jerusalem and to Bethania at the mount of Olives, he sendeth two of his disciples, [b][sup]2[/sup][/b]And saith to them: Go into the village that is over against you, and immediately at your coming in thither, you shall find a colt tied, upon which no man yet hath sat: loose him, and bring him. [b][sup]3[/sup][/b]And if any man shall say to you, What are you doing? say ye that the Lord hath need of him: and immediately he will let him come hither. [b][sup]4[/sup][/b]And going their way, they found the colt tied before the gate without, in the meeting of two ways: and they loose him.[b][sup]5[/sup][/b]And some of them that stood there, said to them: What do you loosing the colt? [b][sup]6[/sup][/b]Who said to them as Jesus had commanded them; and they let him go with them. [b][sup]7[/sup][/b]And they brought the colt to Jesus; and they lay their garments on him, and he sat upon him. [b][sup]8[/sup][/b]And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down boughs from the trees, and strewed them in the way. [b][sup]9[/sup][/b]And they that went before and they that followed, cried, saying: Hosanna, blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. [b][sup]10[/sup][/b]Blessed be the kingdom of Our Father David that cometh: Hosanna in the highest. [b][sup]11[/sup][/b]And he entered into Jerusalem, into the temple: and having viewed all things round about, when now the eventide was come, he went out to Bethania with the twelve.[/color] [color="#ff0000"][sup]12[/sup]And the next day [/color][color="#a0522d"]when they came out from Bethania, he was hungry. [b][sup]13[/sup][/b]And when he had seen afar off a fig tree having leaves, he came if perhaps he might find any thing on it. And when he was come to it, he found nothing but leaves. For it was not the time for figs. [b][sup]14[/sup][/b]And answering he said to it: May no man hereafter eat fruit of thee any more for ever. And his disciples heard it. [/color][color="#006400"][b][sup]15[/sup][/b]And they came to Jerusalem. And when he was entered into the temple, he began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the chairs of them that sold doves. [b][sup]16[/sup][/b]And he suffered not that any man should carry a vessel through the temple;[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]The book of Matthew presents Jesus driving out the money changers from the temple on the same day as the Triumphal entry. According to Catholic tradition this would be 9 Nissan, if Jesus according to John was anointed in Bethany 6 days before the Passover (8 Nissan) and the triumphal entry occurred the next day (9 Nissan) according to the book of John. The gospel of Mark clearly illustrates Jesus driving out the money changers (10 Nissan) the day after the Triumphal entry (9 Nissan according to Catholic Tradition).

Mark illustrates Jesus cursing the fig tree the same day as Jesus driving out the money changers (10 Nissan if Catholic tradition is correct that Jesus triumphal entry occurred on 9 Nissan).

Matthew illustrates Jesus cursing the fig tree the day after Jesus drove out the money changers and Mark claims Jesus cursed the Fig tree the same day as Jesus driving out the money Changers. Who is telling the truth inspired by God so we can eliminate the false uninspired testimony all found in Catholic Bible doctrine?

[/color][color="#0000ff"]Luke appears to agree with Matthew that Jesus drove out the money changers on the same day as the triumphal entry. So based on [/color][color="#ff0000"]basic critical thinking skills [/color][color="#0000ff"]and the baseline of truth we established based on a single event being illustrated on the day it actually occurred in order for it to be truth; which of these gospels need to go into the trash? Which Gospel is telling the truth for this one time single event where Jesus drove out the money changers? Which gospel is telling the truth regarding when the fig tree was cursed? Which gospel is telling the truth regarding when the Triumphal entry occurred?
[/color]
[color="#0000ff"]You'll find all these same issues present in the NAB bible version which I'm told by some Catholics is the truth of scripture (written recordings of true words that proceeded from the mouth of God). Did this confusion proceed from the mouth of God as it is currently recorded in the Catholic bible versions?

Let's discuss one more single one time event where Catholic doctrine does not agree, John as you already know places the Anointing in Bethany 6 days before the Passover while Matthew and Mark place this single one time event two days before the passover? Who is telling the truth so that the spurious documents from Catholic History can be tossed into the trash bin since this appears to be the Catholic Logical course of action when historical testimon presents confusion contrary to catholic traditions?

I know the event of Jesus driving out the money changers and animals from the temple occurred on 13 Nissan the day before Jesus was crucified. I also know that the anointing in Bethany occurred on the Evening of the Sabbath before the Passover and the triumphal entry occurred the very next morning (both events on Ten Nissan). The first part of the cursing of the fig tree event occurred on 11 Nissan and the result of the fig tree curse was revealed on 12 Nissan.

This is what God told me and was able to prove to me by illustrating prophecy fulfillment from Historical writings. Did God tell a lie to me by illustrating prophecy fulfillment or are the bible gospels all telling a lie by illustrating confusion for these events?

Is God the author of Confusion? Men claim the bible gospels were authored by inspiration of God yet they clearly present confusion for these events. Who is telling the truth when it can be found in your bible that God is not the author of confusion 1 corithians 14:33. Or are men simply lying when they claim Catholic doctrine (4 bible gospels) are inspired by God?

With issues such as this presented in Catholic Doctrine, What leg to do you have to stand on when Claiming I am telling a lie when I can clearly illustrate that Jesus died on a Wednesday preparation day according to the Laws of Moses and spirit of Prophecy? What is your evidence that Jesus died on a Friday? Friday is not mentioned in the bible only a preparation day before the High day (Ceremonial Sabbath).

Feel free to answer my first questions if you wish. I'm simply illustrating the truth regarding the confusion Catholic Bible doctrine presents for these events.

For all others wanting to know truth according to the Law and testimony (spirit of Prophecy), take the time to view the link if truth is important to you.
[/color]
[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha. ..20catholics.pdf[/url]

[color="#0000ff"]God says the truth will set you free! Seeing how I used Douey Rheimes. Am I now making my point clear? Or did I use spurious false documents to make a truthful point?

God Bless [/color]

Edited by todd_vetter33

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='14 April 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1271271295' post='2093364']
You'd think the true cross itself was on page 25 the way he goes on about it.
[/quote]

Is your perception of truth not illustrated on page 25? If so I'll be happy to illustrate it once you voice what your version of the truth is. This is all I am simply asking of you. Tell me truth and why it is greater than the truth the spirit of God has revealed to me.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='14 April 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1271271430' post='2093367']
Is your perception of truth not illustrated on page 25? If so I'll be happy to illustrate it once you voice what your version of the truth is. This is all I am simply asking of you. Tell me truth and why it is greater than the truth the spirit of God has revealed to me.
[/quote]
I've never made it past page three (and I've never read past the first half of page one). The formatting is so poor, and the writing so bad, that it just gives me a headache to look at.

dominicansoul

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='14 April 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1271271211' post='2093362']
So to you truth is a clanging cybal and noisy gong? [/quote]
...you sir, are NOT truth, and none of the garbage you keep cutting and pasting here has no semblance to truth whatsoever...

Your topics are stupid, your questions are stupid, and how can anyone have a serious debate with you when there is nothing substantial in your "facts" to debate???

the fact also, that you have no mind to consider any opposing points kinda makes it a waste of time for anybody to "debate" you...

todd_vetter33

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='14 April 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1271271730' post='2093371']
...you sir, are NOT truth, and none of the garbage you keep cutting and pasting here has no semblance to truth whatsoever...

Your topics are stupid, your questions are stupid, and how can anyone have a serious debate with you when there is nothing substantial in your "facts" to debate???

the fact also, that you have no mind to consider any opposing points kinda makes it a waste of time for anybody to "debate" you...
[/quote]

I have a mind to consider your point of view if you can illustrate it as more than mear opinion.

You are being given the oportunity to voice this opinion and establish it as fact. instead you claim the issues are not important. so basically you are claiming that truth is not important. Why then be catholic since they claim to be the source of truth if truth is not important? Does page 25 have a representation of the catholic view for the starting point of the prophecy "in the heart of the earth for 3 days and 3 nights"? if not i'll be happy to post it there.. simply tell me what your version is.

According to two preists and a bishop the Catholic view is presented even though not all three agreed on the same view.

Instead of claiming I have no truth and arguing that the truth is void of me. Simply display the truth for the fulfillment of 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth in the manner that God defined time, so I can check my chart on page 25 to ensure your version of the truth is represented truthfully..

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics.pdf[/url]

There are 1844 views to this thread so far, so people are watching and waiting for you to produce a greater truth.

Edited by todd_vetter33

dominicansoul

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='14 April 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1271271915' post='2093372']
I have a mind to consider your point of view if you can illustrate it as more than mear opinion.

You are being given the oportunity to voice this opinion and establish it as fact. instead you claim the issues are not important. so basically you are claiming that truth is not important. Why then be catholic since they claim to be the source of truth if truth is not important? Does page 25 have a representation of the catholic view for the starting point of the prophecy "in the heart of the earth for 3 days and 3 nights"? if not i'll be happy to post it there.. simply tell me what your version is.

According to two preists and a bishop the Catholic view is presented even though not all three agreed on the same view.

Instead of claiming I have no truth and arguing that the truth is void of me. Simply display the truth for the fulfillment of 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth in the manner that God defined time, so I can check my chart on page 25 to ensure your version of the truth is represented truthfully..

[/quote]

see what I mean? "so basically you are claiming truth is not important.." [b]No, I'm claiming your rubbish isn't important...there's nothing TRUE about your posts.[/b] And I don't have to prove that to you, because your stubborness would never accept the proof...you'll never accept any of the TRUTHs we hold, because you are already brainwashed in the cult you belong to...and most here don't answer you because it's not really a debate, but rather like arguing with a spoiled child...

todd_vetter33

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='14 April 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1271272969' post='2093393']
see what I mean? "so basically you are claiming truth is not important.." [b]No, I'm claiming your rubbish isn't important...there's nothing TRUE about your posts.[/b] And I don't have to prove that to you, because your stubborness would never accept the proof...you'll never accept any of the TRUTHs we hold, because you are already brainwashed in the cult you belong to...and most here don't answer you because it's not really a debate, but rather like arguing with a spoiled child...
[/quote]

So when I said that the book of John places the Anointing in Bethany 6 days before the passover, I was not speaking a truth regarding what John presents?

When i said that Matthew and Mark place the anointing in bethany (this same one time single event) two days before the passover, I was not speaking a truth for what matt and mark present?

When i said that the Gospel of John places Jesus driving out the money changers two years before the event actually occured, I was not speaking a truth for that this gospel presents?

When I illustrated that Matthew and Mark place this same event on Different days, I was not speaking a truth regarding what matt and mark present even though i illustrated this for you from Catholic Doctrine?

Please answer me this question. Can a single one time event be illustrated as occuring on more than one day and it still be the solid truth from God? If you cant answer this question with truth then you have no grounds for claiming that I have spoken lies.

Here is a more serious question that will establish for us a base line of truth regarding single events. Your correct answer options are A, B, or C. Only one of these answers gets to be the truth.

On what day did the US drop the Little boy atomic bomb on Hiroshima

a) 5 April 30 AD
b) 5 April 2010
c) the U.S. dropped the [color="#002bb8"]nuclear weapon[/color] "[color="#002bb8"]Little Boy[/color]" on the city of [color="#002bb8"]Hiroshima[/color] on Monday, August 6, 1945

Only one of the answers listed is the truth for this single one time event. which answer is the truth for this event?

Please illustrate for me which post I have not spoken a truth so I can repent. Please illustrate greater truth than the truth revealed by the spirit from heaven that I have received so that I will have grounds for driving out the alleged unclean spirit feeding me what you perceive to be lies.

Only a true witness can deliver souls. a false witness speaks only lies and sows discord. This discord is not only among men, but separates men from God. Keeping the law unites men to God and only then can truth from God about God be shared.

You claim Jesus was crucified on Friday, I claim by the spirit of truth according to the law and the testimony that Jesus was slain on a Wednesday. Who is speaking truth from God?

Edited by todd_vetter33

KnightofChrist

If your going to throw out John, or Mark, you'll have to through all of the Gospels out.

[quote]Contemporary scholars who argue for the priority of Mark often point out the following:
*Chronologically, Matthew and Luke follow Mark most of the time. When Matthew disagrees with Mark's chronology, Luke often agrees with Mark. When Luke disagrees with Mark's chronology, Matthew will always agree with Mark. Matthew and Luke rarely ever disagree together against Mark. Additionally, whenever Luke's chronology does not follow Mark's, there are good practical reasons for the deviation while Mark's chronology often represents the more disjointed storyline.
*Whenever Mark and Matthew agree, Mark often has a more verbose version. It is argued that it is unlikely that Mark was inserting details into many Matthean quotes while leaving out huge events such as the birth of Jesus.
*Mark's Greek is more primitive than the other Gospel writers. Often, Luke or Matthew will state a parallel Jesus quote much more eloquently than Mark.
*Mark's Jesus often remarks on contentious issues for the early Christians. For example, Mark's Jesus chastises someone for calling him good stating, "No one is good but God." Matthew, on the other hand, amends the statement to allow the possibility of Jesus' divinity.

Source:http://en.allexperts.com/e/m/ma/markan_priority.htm[/quote]

todd_vetter33

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='14 April 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1271275046' post='2093430']
If your going to throw out John, or Mark, you'll have to through all of the Gospels out.

[/quote]

If you receive the spirit of truth that Jesus promised you, why then would you need the partial fragments of historical recordings? You will receive truth from God. I simply use the fragments of recorded history to illustrate for you that there is a greater truth that you are to receive from God.

And he said unto them. Love ye one another and all the creatures of God. Yet I say unto you, not all are men, who are in the form of man. Are they men or women in the image of God whose ways are ways of violence, of oppression and wrong, who choose a lie rather than the truth? Nay, verily, till they are born again, and receive the Spirit of Love and Wisdom within their hearts. Then only are they sons and daughters of Israel, and being of Israel they are children of God, And for this cause came I into the world, and for this I have suffered at the hands of sinners. These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. And Jesus said, I stood in the midst of the world, and in the flesh was I seen and heard, and I found all men glutted with their own pleasures, and drunk with their own follies, and none found I hungry or athirst for the wisdom which is of God. My soul grieveth over the sons and daughters of men because they are blind in their heart, and in their soul are they deaf and hear not my voice.

God Bless

Edited by todd_vetter33

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='14 April 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1271271915' post='2093372']
I have a mind [/quote]

Survey says...

a no.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='14 April 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1271275680' post='2093442']
If you receive the spirit of truth that Jesus promised you, why then would you need the partial fragments of historical recordings? You will receive truth from God.

And he said unto them. Love ye one another and all the creatures of God. Yet I say unto you, not all are men, who are in the form of man. Are they men or women in the image of God whose ways are ways of violence, of oppression and wrong, who choose a lie rather than the truth? Nay, verily, till they are born again, and receive the Spirit of Love and Wisdom within their hearts. Then only are they sons and daughters of Israel, and being of Israel they are children of God, And for this cause came I into the world, and for this I have suffered at the hands of sinners. These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. And Jesus said, I stood in the midst of the world, and in the flesh was I seen and heard, and I found all men glutted with their own pleasures, and drunk with their own follies, and none found I hungry or athirst for the wisdom which is of God. My soul grieveth over the sons and daughters of men because they are blind in their heart, and in their soul are they deaf and hear not my voice.

I simply use the fragments of recorded history to illustrate for you that there is a greater truth that you are to recieve.

God Bless
[/quote]

That doges the question. And is not logical at all you condemn 'partial fragments of historical recordings' and then use a 'partial fragments of historical recording'. What utter nonsense, your ideology sounds too much like a cafeteria christian. One that picks a chooses what he believes.