An Old School Catholic Message Board

Passover One Week Away

todd_vetter33

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='13 April 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1271185465' post='2092611']
The task is simple if the truth of God is solid and you are willing to participate. Chose a displayed perception illustrated on page 25 which you belive to be truth that differs from other historically recognized perceptions claimed to be truth. Then explain why your perception is more correct or truthful than the perception of another. See page 25 for all historical perceptions for this topic.

This is a simple task for one who is of the truth. You do know why you believe what you believe? Does what you believe agree with all truthfully spoken and truthfully recorded prophecy for this event?

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics.pdf[/url]
[/quote]

JMJ
I am not going to look at your links, as I don't want any cookies or trojan horses from it. I elieve what I believe because God has revealed himself through the Scriptures. And those are the original scriptures, not the Bibles which have had books removed, passages edited, and friendly language inserted. Latin Rite Catholics smell of elderberries it up and read the Douey Rheims because it is the ORIGINAL. I believe in the truth that God has revealed because practically speaking, Catholic teachings are ever so much less confusing than some of the stuff you have come up with. The Church Fathers realized that we are human, and put everything in easy terms for us. I would like to recommend this book

[img]http://www.emmanuelbooks.com/images/content//FLBC-000.jpg[/img]

It reveals all the truths of God that He has revealed, and all relevant events in Religious History that we need know of in easy to read black block print. It comes complete with illustrations and a dictionary. God bless the nuns!

cmotherofpirl

One look at your document the first time you posted it was enough. There is no point discussing conclusions when the underlying documents are not all genuine. Throwing out little teasers trying to interest us really doesn't work here :)
I understand you put lots of time and energy into your theories, and you are emotionally vested in it, but we are really not interested in fantasy. The gospel writers were not working for CNN, they were interested in the truth Of Jesus's resurrection from the dead. He died, He rose, He lives and that is enough for us.

If you post a SHORT question to Q & A here to a theologian, you will get a response, but again fantasy is not our thing, so I doubt if you will appreciate the answer.
May God bless you, Jesus love you,and the Holy Spirit enlighten you. THE END.

dominicansoul

why do all my fellow Catholics keep pouring diamonds into this swine's trough?

Can't you see he only wishes to crush every truth underfoot?? He's not interested in the truth, for he is convinced he is truth, and no one else, no matter what, can convince him otherwise...

he has come to phatmass to "enlighten" us with his "divinely inspired truths" that he has received out of some sort of brainwashing cult experience...

he keeps spewing falsehood quoting texts that are not divinely inspired except by some imaginary divination he himself purports to know fully well...

Please, my phriends, stop feeding this tiresome troll...

Drew-Memphis

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='13 April 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1271187346' post='2092636']

Can't you see he only wishes to crush every truth underfoot?? He's not interested in the truth, for he is convinced he is truth, and no one else, no matter what, can convince him otherwise...

he has come to phatmass to "enlighten" us with his "divinely inspired truths" that he has received out of some sort of brainwashing cult experience...

he keeps spewing falsehood quoting texts that are not divinely inspired except by some imaginary divination he himself purports to know fully well...

[/quote]

I would have to agree with the troll part. He does only seem to come around when he feels compelled to share his thoughts with us.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='13 April 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1271187066' post='2092633']
JMJ
I am not going to look at your links, as I don't want any cookies or trojan horses from it. I elieve what I believe because God has revealed himself through the Scriptures. And those are the original scriptures, not the Bibles which have had books removed, passages edited, and friendly language inserted. Latin Rite Catholics smell of elderberries it up and read the Douey Rheims because it is the ORIGINAL. I believe in the truth that God has revealed because practically speaking, Catholic teachings are ever so much less confusing than some of the stuff you have come up with. The Church Fathers realized that we are human, and put everything in easy terms for us. I would like to recommend this book

[img]http://www.emmanuelbooks.com/images/content//FLBC-000.jpg[/img]

It reveals all the truths of God that He has revealed, and all relevant events in Religious History that we need know of in easy to read black block print. It comes complete with illustrations and a dictionary. God bless the nuns!
[/quote]
Here was an interesting truth I found in the douay Rheims. The typos are as you will find them.
[b]Numbers 33:3 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition.) [/b][b]3Now the children of Israel departed from Ramesses the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month[/b][b], [/b][b][u]the day after the phase, with a mighty hand, in the eight of all the [/u][/b][b][u]Egyptians,[/u][/b]

Here is what a correct translation states.

Numbers 33:3 3And they departed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the morrow after the[u] Passover[/u] the children of Israel went out with an high hand in the [u]sight[/u] of all the Egyptians

Edited by todd_vetter33

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Drew-Memphis' date='13 April 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1271188645' post='2092647']
I would have to agree with the troll part. He does only seem to come around when he feels compelled to share his thoughts with us.
[/quote]

I come around because it's a debate table. I have built a presentation that is constructive for Debate.

I'm curious if anyone here is willing to debate. So far it has not been very promising.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='13 April 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1271190506' post='2092672']
Here was an interesting truth I found in the douay Rheims. The typos are as you will find them.
[b]Numbers 33:3 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition.) [/b][b]3Now the children of Israel departed from Ramesses the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month[/b][b], [/b][b][u]the day after the phase, with a mighty hand, in the eight of all the [/u][/b][b][u]Egyptians,[/u][/b]

Here is what a correct translation states.

Numbers 33:3 3And they departed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the morrow after the[u] Passover[/u] the children of Israel went out with an high hand in the [u]sight[/u] of all the Egyptians
[/quote]
Did you read that on the web, or is it a hard copy? :mellow:

Typos mean nothing at all. Literally, absolutely, nothing.
Except maybe that they should have paid for a better editor.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='13 April 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1271187346' post='2092636']

[/quote]

One of the below texts are inspired for this point in earth history, Which of these are diamonds?
[b]
From the Ages of Ages is the Eternal Thought, and the Thought is the Word, and the Word is the Act, and these Three are one in the Eternal Law,[/b][b] [/b][b]and the Law is with God and the Law proceeds from God.[/b][b] [/b][b]All things are created by Law and without it is not anything created that existeth[/b][b]. [/b][b]In the [/b][b]Word is Life and Substance, the Fire and the Light. The Love and the Wisdom, are One for the Salvation of all. And the Light shineth in darkness[/b][b] [/b]and the darkness concealeth it not. The Word is the one Life-giving Fire, which shining into the world becometh the fire and light of every soul that entereth into the world. I am in the world, and the world is in Me,[b] [/b][b]and the world knoweth it not.[/b][b] [/b]I come to my own House, and my friends receive Me not. But as many as receive and obey, to them is given the power to become the Sons and Daughters of God, even to them who believe in the Holy Name, who are born--not of the will of the blood and flesh, but of God. And the Word is incarnate and dwelleth among us, whose Glory we beheld, full of Grace. Behold the Goodness, and the Truth and the Beauty of God! [b]

John 1 [/b][b]In the beginning was the Word[/b][b], [/b][b]and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.[/b][b] [/b]He was in the beginning with God[b]. [/b][b]All things were made [/b][b]through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.[/b][b] [/b][b]In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the [/b][b]darkness,[/b][b] [/b][b]and[/b][b] [/b][b]the darkness did not comprehend it. [/b]

Edited by todd_vetter33

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='13 April 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1271190729' post='2092682']
Did you read that on the web, or is it a hard copy? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img]

Typos mean nothing at all. Literally, absolutely, nothing.
Except maybe that they should have paid for a better editor.
[/quote]

Then wyh aer ouy so instantn on corectin ym Gmrammers?

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='13 April 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1271191230' post='2092692']
[/quote]

JMJ
Nihil is part of the Grammer Geek Club. He can't help himself, it truly is what makes him Nihil. Every bit of grammer helps. And he is so kind to those of us who think in more than one language [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blowkiss.gif[/img] God bless him. Furthermore, the Douhey Rheims has typos? Ah, then try the Latin Vulgate, the ORIGINAL documentation of the Bible. Course, you must be able to read vulgar Latin, in which case you should join a Tridentine Rite Church so you can learn how to speak it, but then you would have to renounce your crack case theology. Hey, you could become Saint Todd the Great, hm? Famous defender of the faith, writer of divinely inspired and grammatically correct multi volume books. And Nihil can testify to your biographers that you had perfect grammer.

Semper Fi

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='13 April 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1271191230' post='2092692']
[/quote]
To be perfectly clear: a web document had to, at some point, be copied out by hand from a hard copy. Unless there's some text recognition software that can work on scanned pages....... but I've never heard of it.

Anyway, the typos are the problem of whoever copied the pages themselves.

I sorta thought this was basic critical thinking skills, but maybe I was wrong. :unsure:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='13 April 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1271193980' post='2092711']
To be perfectly clear: a web document had to, at some point, be copied out by hand from a hard copy. Unless there's some text recognition software that can work on scanned pages....... but I've never heard of it.

I sorta thought this was basic critical thinking skills, but maybe I was wrong. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/img]
[/quote]

JMJ
Critical thinking is a big part of talking theology.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='13 April 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1271193980' post='2092711']

I sorta thought this was basic critical thinking skills, but maybe I was wrong. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/img]
[/quote]

In lou of basic critical thinking skills. Lets try to agree on one thing. I say Jesus died on a Wednsday preparation day and you apparently agree that Jesus died on a Friday Preparation day and since Jesus was crucified only one time, this one time event could have only occured on a single day and only one day can be the correct day or truth from God. Any other day is a lie and deception.

Anyone professing a single one time event occured on a day other than what it occured on, is telling a lie and their testimony is invalid due to lacking the inspiration of the holy spirit. Would you agree with this statement?

Edited by todd_vetter33

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='13 April 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1271197027' post='2092747']
In lou of basic critical thinking skills. Lets try to agree on one thing. I say Jesus died on a Wednsday preparation day and you apparently agree that Jesus died on a Friday Preparation day and since Jesus was crucified only once, this one time event could have only occured on a single day and only one day can be the correct day.

Anyone professing a single one time event occured on a day other than what it occured on, is telling a lie and their testimony is invalid. Would you agree with this statement?
[/quote]

JMJ
So you changed the day when Christ [size="6"]died?????? [/size][size="2"]Um, I am going to the Ladies' Rest Area to have a laughing fit. Friend of the family said you can kill yourself laughing with your mouth closed, via suffocation, so, I am going....:-)[/size]

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='13 April 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1271197175' post='2092750']
JMJ
So you changed the day when Christ [size="6"]died?????? [/size][size="2"]Um, I am going to the Ladies' Rest Area to have a laughing fit. Friend of the family said you can kill yourself laughing with your mouth closed, via suffocation, so, I am going....:-)[/size]
[/quote]

No one can change the day that Christ died. But perceptions can be swayed by false information. OT and NT Prophecy points to a Wednsday preparation day crucifixion. Catholic tradition built on fragments of ony NT historical recordings points to a Friday preparation day crucifixion.

You are welcome to answer the question that was asked.

Anyone professing a single one time event occured on a day other than what it occured on, is telling a lie and their testimony is invalid. Would you agree with this statement?

Edited by todd_vetter33