An Old School Catholic Message Board

Passover One Week Away

todd_vetter33

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='12 April 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1271110940' post='2091938']
This is a point we can both agree on. Now define holy Scriptures. I define holy scriptures as that which proceeded from the mouth of God.

Which of these sayings proceeded from the mouth of God? Both are a recording for the same point in history so only one gets to be a written reflection of Holy Scripture.

Matthew 16:21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, [u]and be raised the third day[/color]. [/u]

Mark 8:31 And he began to teach them that the Son of man must suffer many things and be rejected of the elders and of the chief priests and scribes and be killed, [b][u]and after three days rise again[/u][/b]
[/quote]
Holy Scripture is presented accurately in the texts used by the Catholic Church.

Stop using colour tags.

Many people have already told you that these two passages mean the same thing.
Scripture wasn't written in English.

Do you actually understand the concept that other languages aren't just some weird code for English? They are actually completely different.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='12 April 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1271111094' post='2091942']
Holy Scripture is presented accurately in the texts used by the Catholic Church.

Stop using colour tags.

Many people have already told you that these two passages mean the same thing.
Scripture wasn't written in English.

Do you actually understand the concept that other languages aren't just some weird code for English? They are actually completely different.
[/quote]

Were the text I shared any different from Catholic verses for the issues addressed? Many people have stated the two very different sayings mean the same thing but this is an opinion not backed by any facts. I do understand the concept that other languages aren't just some wierd code for English and it's for this reason that I can say with a truth that Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday. According to Jewish Law a preparation day does not always fall on a Friday despite English and Christian speculations regarding this due to lacking understanding of Jewish Laws.

If Holy scripture is Perfect and God defined time in holy scripture. How do you get three days and three nights out of a Friday Crucifixion to a first day of the week resurrection? Please illustrate the perfection of this concept by illustrating 3 days and 3 nights with this concept.

Edited by todd_vetter33

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='12 April 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1271111478' post='2091945']
Were the text I shared any different from Catholic verses for the issues addressed? Many people have stated the two very different sayings mean the same thing but this is an opinion not backed by any facts. I do understand the concept that other languages aren't just some wierd code for English and it's for this reason that I can say with a truth that Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday. According to Jewish Law a preparation day does not always fall on a Friday despite English and Christian speculations regarding this due to lacking understanding of Jewish Laws.

If Holy scripture is Perfect and God defined time in holy scripture. How do you get three days and three nights out of a Friday Crucifixion to a first day of the week resurrection? Please illustrate the perfection of this concept by illustrating 3 days and 3 nights with this concept.
[/quote]
Take it up with someone who has done a formal, scholarly study of Scripture, if you can find one who will take you seriously.

todd_vetter33

I was able to illustrate 3 days and 3 nights fulfilled in accordence with all the scriptures (words that proceeded from the mouth of God from OT and NT) showing that Jesus fulfilled this holy scripture. Why can you not do this?

I have clearly illustrated the prophecies (perfect holy scripture) as well as thier fulfillment on pages 2, 11, 18, 19, 23, 25, 28, 34, and 35.

Where is your evidence that Jesus fulfilled the perfect Holy Scripture of 3 days and 3 nights? This is what the holy scripture says is it not? I know it's not in Error but the friday crucifixion concept says this was not a truth spoken by God. Just ask any Jew. No matter how you want to bend human perception. You don't get 3 days and 3 nights from a Friday crucifixion concept.

Please feel free to check my referenced pages. I will be happy to view your portrayal of 3 days and 3 nights in fulfillment should you be willing to provide this information.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics.pdf[/url]

Edited by todd_vetter33

Nihil Obstat
:yawn:
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showforum=13"]My link[/url]

Raphael
Raphael, aka Micah Murphy, is a graduate of Franciscan University of Steubenville with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology and Catechetics, as well as a Latin minor. His theological interests include Scripture, Justification Theology, Theosis, Sacramentology, and the Holy Trinity.
StColette
StColette, aka Jennie Murphy, is a graduate of Franciscan University of Steubenville with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology. Her theological specialties include Biblical exegesis, Hebrew, and Mariology.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='12 April 2010 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1271112107' post='2091959']
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/yawn.gif[/img]
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showforum=13"]My link[/url]

Raphael
Raphael, aka Micah Murphy, is a graduate of Franciscan University of Steubenville with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology and Catechetics, as well as a Latin minor. His theological interests include Scripture, Justification Theology, Theosis, Sacramentology, and the Holy Trinity.
StColette
StColette, aka Jennie Murphy, is a graduate of Franciscan University of Steubenville with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology. Her theological specialties include Biblical exegesis, Hebrew, and Mariology.
[/quote]

Your link didn't work very well it just went to another page of Phatmass. Please specify the thread title. If Raphael. It was not listed on the page.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='12 April 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1271112995' post='2091976']
Your link didn't work very well it just went to another page of Phatmass. Please specify the thread title. If Raphael. It was not listed on the page.
[/quote]
No thread. It was an indication that you should present this in question format for one of our Church Scholars to address once and for all.

JMJ
God bless you Nihil. I tried reading some of Todd's stuff, but discontinued as a priest who I met several years ago by the name of Fr.longue FSSP cautioned me against reading doctrine outside of the Church...so out of respect to fr. I ceased. Furthermore, debating of any kind seems useless, as I realized from following this. By the way, Micah rocks, as he has helped with several questions of my own :-)

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='12 April 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1271113144' post='2091979']
No thread. It was an indication that you should present this in question format for one of our Church Scholars to address once and for all.
[/quote]

Will he be able to illustrate 3 days and 3 nights fulfilled in accordence with the Laws of Moses that Jesus claimed to fulfill?
Will he be able to illustrate 3 days and 3 nights in fulfilment according to the manner that God defined time (Holy Scripture) so that time specific Prophecies of Scripture are not illustrated as person interpretations?

I look forward to chatting with him.

Edited by todd_vetter33

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='12 April 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1271113421' post='2091986']
Will he be able to illustrate 3 days and 3 nights fulfilled in accordence with the Laws of Moses that Jesus claimed to fulfill?
Will he be able to illustrate 3 days and 3 nights in fulfilment according to the manner that God defined time (Holy Scripture) so that time specific Prophecies of Scripture are not illustrated as person interpretations?

[/quote]
Yes he will.

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='12 April 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1271113421' post='2091986']

[/quote]
It will be interesting to see if you actually listen.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='CatherineM' date='12 April 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1271115183' post='2092016']
It will be interesting to see if you actually listen.
[/quote]

A fun assignment While we are waiting for Raphael's reply to the questions I have submitted to him. I would like to draw your attention to page 25.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics.pdf[/url]

On page 25 I have objectivly tried to illustrate 3 days and 3 nights in fulfillment according to all denominational traditional speculatoins that exist to this date From all of Christian history.

I asked 3 Catholic friends of mine at different times to choose the colored arrow on the top half of page 25 that correctly represents the start time for in the heart of the Earth. Out of 3 Catholics so far I have two separate answers. Two have chosen the red arrow representing the time when Jesus was placed on the Cross in the 3rd hour. One person chose the green arrow representing the 9th hour when Jesus died.

Which of the two opinions from 3 separate catholics is telling the truth?

Which colored arrow fits your traditional speculation?

Also count the days and nights from your perception of the starting point for 3 days and 3 nights to the first day of the week when you believe Jesus Rose from the tomb since Christian historical recordings for this event differ greatly. Tell me if it adds up to [u][b]3 days and 3 nights[/b][/u] according to your perception of when the prophecy started and when the prophecy ended.

I personally would like to see to what degree your answers will vary since truth from God is supposed to be solid.

Edited by todd_vetter33

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='13 April 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1271176288' post='2092484']
A fun assignment While we are waiting for Raphael's reply to the questions I have submitted to him. I would like to draw your attention to page 25.

On page 25 I have objectivly tried to illustrate 3 days and 3 nights in fulfillment according to all denominational traditional speculatoins that exist to this date From all of Christian history.

I asked 3 Catholic friends of mine at different times to choose the colored arrow on the top half of page 25 that correctly represents the start time for in the heart of the Earth. Out of 3 Catholics so far I have two separate answers. Two have chosen the red arrow representing the time when Jesus was placed on the Cross in the 3rd hour. One person chose the green arrow representing the 9th hour when Jesus died.

Which of the two opinions from 3 separate catholics is telling the truth?

Which colored arrow fits your traditional speculation?

Also count the days and nights from your perception of the starting point for 3 days and 3 nights to the first day of the week when you believe Jesus Rose from the tomb since Christian historical recordings for this event differ greatly. Tell me if it adds up to [u][b]3 days and 3 nights[/b][/u] according to your perception of when the prophecy started and when the prophecy ended.

I personally would like to see to what degree your answers will vary since truth from God is supposed to be solid.
[/quote]

Lots of Catholics don't know the answer to theology questions. That's for real theology questions, not inane ones.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='CatherineM' date='13 April 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1271176493' post='2092486']
Lots of Catholics don't know the answer to theology questions. That's for real theology questions, not inane ones.
[/quote]

The three catholics that I asked were Two priests and a Bishop. Do they not know Theology? Would really like to know which colored arrow on the top half of page 25 represents your current view for the starting point of in the heart of the earth for 3 days and 3 nights. Would you be so kind as to share since your willing to claim your leaders do not know the correct answer to this question?

Edited by todd_vetter33

Drew-Memphis

Todd,

Question. You say you're not Adventist or Christian even but your Facebook is loaded with Seventh Day Adventist "propaganda". Hmm. Maybe you assimilate yourself into the type of medium you are docu-dumping your "TL;DR" arguments/debates?

Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.