An Old School Catholic Message Board

Passover One Week Away

todd_vetter33

Great book--good quick overview which can give you topics to look into with more depth elsewhere.
[img]https://www.tanbooks.com/shop_image/large/chur0231x.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 March 2010 - 09:29 AM' timestamp='1269620997' post='2080604']
Great book--good quick overview which can give you topics to look into with more depth elsewhere.
[img]https://www.tanbooks.com/shop_image/large/chur0231x.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
+JMJ+
hey, thanks for the tip. :smokey:

todd_vetter33

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='25 March 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1269575861' post='2080280']
The problem with your study which we have discussed in ALL your previous threads on the exact same topic is that while you you use some credible documents [ Scripture ] you mix in unreliable and totally fabricated info with it. You can't mix truth {SCripture] with lies and expect to get truth, but you try anyway. Base your study on accepted historical documents, and then we will talk [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

You still have not defined scripture per your current perception. I know the bible describes scripture to be God breathed words of truth and this is what my study establishes. Yet you find in the catholic Bible, Not all recording are a perfect reflection of scripture (Truth from God).

Evidence:
Only one of the below recordings aleged to have occured at the same point in history get to be a true written reflection of words that proceeded from the mouth of God's son by inspiration of God.
Matthew 16:21 KJV From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, [u]and be raised the third day. [/u]
Mark 8:31 KJV And he began to teach them that the Son of man must suffer many things and be rejected of the elders and of the chief priests and scribes and be killed, [u]and after three days rise again.[/u]

As detailed in the study for the anointing in Bethany. the book of John places this single one time event 6 days before the Passover, Matt and Mark place this same event 2 days before the passover. Which is telling the truth?

Regarding Jesus driving out the money changers from the temple. Matt and Luke imply this event to have occured the same day as the triumphal entry. Mark clearly illustrates this single one time event occuring the day after the triumphal entry.

who in Catholic doctrine is telling the truth inspired by the holy spirit for these events? What is Scripture per your definition?

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf[/url]

I can remove what you call fictitional writings and you are still left with the same issues I have illustrated above. Please explian and give evidence for why Bible testimony is more credible for the events listed in comparison to the rejected catholic doctrine the study displays.

God Bless

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 March 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1269620917' post='2080602']
Know your Catholic history entirely, not the black legend sort.

There's more to the story and Todd's either dishonest or ignorant.
[/quote]

If I am ignorant, Please illustrate the page number 1-36 in which I display ignorance on this topic. Support your claim with solid facts that can be established so that your words are not a clanging cymbal or Gong clouding the thread with personal perceptional traditional rhetoric.

God Bless

Todd, please try to get this through your skull:

You have zero authority with us. Everything we believe is available to you elsewhere. Your study means exactly croutons because it's based on your personal revelation. Stop quoting the KJV, nimrod. We don't use it. Ask God, He'll tell you: "Yep, they don't use the KJV. You're embarrassing me, Todd. Go buy a Douay, already!" (thunderclap).

Go. Read. Church. Documents.

Remember: Zero authority.

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='26 March 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1269630494' post='2080749']
If I am ignorant, Please illustrate the page number 1-36 in which I display ignorance on this topic. Support your claim with solid facts that can be established so that your words are not a clanging cymbal or Gong clouding the thread with personal perceptional traditional rhetoric.

God Bless
[/quote]
Todd, I'm not talking about your crazy "study", which I will never, ever, read. I'm talking about your shorter posts. I don't read the long ones in depth because a quick skim detects delusion easily.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 March 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1269620917' post='2080602']
Know your Catholic history entirely, not the black legend sort.

There's more to the story and Todd's either dishonest or ignorant.
[/quote]

Is it legend that the Catholic church sold indulgences? Is it legend that church leaders have molested children? Is it legend that the Church killed millions of people who did not share the Church recognized perceptional view of their version of truth? Is it legend that men were put to death and excommunicated from the church for believing the earth was round VS flat?

The church was made to look pretty on it's exterior, but it's inside/history is filled with corruption. Are we to ignore that just to enjoy the exterior beauty?

[url="/passage/?search=Revelation+17:4&version=NKJV"][b]Revelation 17:4[/b][/url]
The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden [b]cup[/b] full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 March 2010 - 02:13 PM' timestamp='1269630824' post='2080754']
Todd, I'm not talking about your crazy "study", which I will never, ever, read. I'm talking about your shorter posts. I don't read the long ones in depth because a quick skim detects delusion easily.
[/quote]

Please illustrate my delusion with evidence of truth. Please provide more than opinion and you may be able to open my eyes to my delusion. Your opinion is not enough to sway anothers opinion. present evidence of my delusion by presenting the solid testimony Jesus promised you should you be a true follower of God.

Edited by todd_vetter33

todd_vetter33

[quote name='kamiller42' date='25 March 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1269578780' post='2080343']
Todd, where can I find the truth? Please show me the truth.
[/quote]

This is a written representation of truth regarding the fulfilment of Prophecy in concert with Catholic doctrine concerning the Passover Lamb and the crucifixion.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf[/url]

If you want to see the full truth. keep the Laws of God and you will see God. Even better you will be able to talk to God and he will answer back.

God Bless

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='26 March 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1269630839' post='2080755']
Is it legend that the Catholic church sold indulgences?[/quote]
Read some good history books, Toddster. Then you'll understand the reality of that period in history. Quit reading books by people who got their divinity doctorate from a mail order college.

[quote] Is it legend that church leaders have molested children?[/quote]
You said I was arguing it was okay. So you're intentionally misleading people?

[quote] Is it legend that the Church killed millions of people [/quote]
Yes. Not millions and not the Church. Read. History.
[quote] Is it legend that men were put to death and excommunicated from the church for believing the earth was round VS flat?[/quote]
Yes.
[quote]
The church was made to look pretty on [s]it's [/s] its exterior, but [s]it's [/s] its inside/history is filled with corruption. [/quote]
Ask God for an Angel of Proofreading, Mister Prophet.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 March 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1269631167' post='2080766']
Read some good history books, Toddster. Then you'll understand the reality of that period in history. Quit reading books by people who got their divinity doctorate from a mail order college.

You said I was arguing it was okay. So you're intentionally misleading people?

Yes. Not millions and not the Church. Read. History.

Yes.

[/quote]

Please illustrate a page number 1-36 where I am misleading people.

The current documented numbers of people killed by the church are a short cry from the truth.

Are the good history books you are referring too the ones where Rome tries to hide the their past history? Rome had a major role in the destruction of many jews during world war 2.. what was the current recognized number of jews killed in the hullocost These numbers do not include the middle ages or even Romes early struggles to define orthodoxy to establish their version of perceptional truth.

[url="http://history1900s....aust/bldied.htm"]http://history1900s....aust/bldied.htm[/url]

God Bless

Edited by todd_vetter33

Nihil Obstat

I'm going to weigh back in on this, just very briefly, to share a moderately paraphrased quote by Pope St. Clement I in First Epistle to the Church at Corinth, A.D. 96:

"shut [...] up".

Here's a link if you don't believe me. It's definitely in there. [url="http://www.fisheaters.com/apostolicsuccession.html"]My link[/url]

Have a great day though; I'm quite serious when I say that. :)

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='26 March 2010 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1269630839' post='2080755']
Is it legend that the Catholic church sold indulgences? [color="#8B0000"]Some [i]members [/i]of the church did this. It is not a policy of the Church.[/color] Is it legend that church leaders have molested children? [color="#8B0000"]Have some members of the Church committed this sin - yep.[/color]Is it legend that the Church killed millions of people who did not share the Church recognized perceptional view of their version of truth? [color="#8B0000"]Nope.[/color] Is it legend that men were put to death and excommunicated from the church for believing the earth was round VS flat? [color="#8B0000"]Nope.[/color]

The church was made to look pretty on it's exterior, but it's inside/history is filled with corruption. Are we to ignore that just to enjoy the exterior beauty? [color="#8B0000"]Do you forget that ALL of us have a fallen nature and sin - last I checked Christ came for sinners.[/color]
[url="/passage/?search=Revelation+17:4&version=NKJV"][b]Revelation 17:4[/b][/url]
The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden [b]cup[/b] full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. [color="#8B0000"]Nice quote but it referring to the Roman Empire, not the Church.[/color][/quote]

todd_vetter33

I came here to the debate table to discuss and debate the information which I share at this link.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics.pdf[/url]

Instead of debate on the topic presented, I am greeted with indignation and opinions with out receiving any evidence to support the view that goes contrary to what I have come to share and debate. How can one claim that what I have come to share is false if they do not take the time to review it and illustrate the area of testimony that is not presenting a truth based on the evidence presented? How can they make a better case with out providing evidence of greater truth?

Will there be a real debate that will lead to the discovery of truth for me or for you; or will we simply see more animated graphix and opinion? You are group of people self proclaimed to be the pillars and source of truth. Please show me the truth by illustrating where I am not preseting a truth on pages 1-36 of this shared study. help me see the light of truth that God has given you.

God Bless

Edited by todd_vetter33

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='26 March 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1269632358' post='2080778']

The current documented numbers of people killed by the church are a short cry from the truth. [color="#8B0000"]You are right, they are totally exxagerated and inflated by people who rely on the interest and not actual scholarship.[/color]

Are the good history books you are referring too the ones where Rome tries to hide the their past history? [color="#8B0000"]No, we are referring to people with actual degrees who actually know what they are talking about.[/color] Rome had a major role in the destruction of many jews during world war 2.. what was the current recognized number of jews killed in the hullocost [color="#8B0000"]That is a total and unmitigated lie.[/color]