An Old School Catholic Message Board

Passover One Week Away

todd_vetter33

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 March 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1269637333' post='2080871']
The purpose of the Catechism isn't to reproduce the entire Bible. If that were the case, it would be called "The Bible", not "The Catechism".
[/quote]

So basically you are claiming that the Catechism is a greater truth than the Law that proceeded from the Mouth of God as recorded in the Catholic Bible and Jewish torah?

I re-submitt this post since it applies:

[url="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=34&chapter=7&verse=25&version=9&context=verse"][color="#284b72"]Daniel 7:25[/color][/url]
[u]And he shall speak great words against the most High[/u], [u]and shall wear out the saints of the most High[/u], [u]and think to change times and laws:[/u] [u]and they shall be given into his [/u][u]hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

[/u]"The Pope has the power to [b]change times[/b], to [b]abrogate laws[/b], and to [b]dispense [/b]with all things, [b]even the precepts of Christ." [/b]"The Pope [b]has the authority [/b]and often exercised it, [b]to dispense with the command of Christ." [/b][i]Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. [/i](The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' [i]Ecclesiastical Dictionary.
[/i][b][font="Arial"][size="2"]"The Sunday is a Catholic institution, and its claim for sacredness can be defended only on Catholic authority...[u]In Holy Scripture from the beginning to the end we find not one single text which justifies the transfer of the weekly public worship service from the last to the first day of the week[/u]." [/size][/font][/b][i][b][font="Arial"][size="2"]Catholic Press, Sidney, 8-25-1900

[/size][/font][/b][b][font="Arial"][size="2"]Everything listed on this page above this sentance can be attributed to Cahtolic history. How have the Gates of hell not prevailed against her?

Jesus said "[/size][/font][/b][font="Arial"][size="2"]Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches [i]them,[/i] he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

[/size][/font][size="2"][font="Arial"]Am I not trying to teach to you what Rome tried to change?

The heavens and the earth have not yet passed away and there is much prophecy yet to be fulfilled for the gentiles to have their time in the light of God. By rejecting the Laws of god for other traditions, the souls of man that God wants to save has spiraled into perpetual darkness not knowing truth or God. They just read about the men of the past who did and do not realize there is a greater truth that they must live if they are to have life.

The link study i have shared with you bares witness to the truth of God that has been hidden by Man who attempted to change times and Laws. Due to the beast wearing out the saints of the most High, Men became dependant of fragments of recorded history to tell a story instead of being able to preach by experience the gospel of spiritual re-birth. Man has spiraled into the spiritual famine Prophecied by the Prophet Agabus when he went to antioch to meet the first denomination of men who first called themselves Christians. The Prophet agabus was of the way, truth, and life that jesus taught and even though Jesus is seated at the right hand of the heavenly parent, Agabus could hear God's voice.

The word of God is truth from God, can man call a book the word of God if it contains Error, can man claim a church to be a true church if they contain Error? Jesus said the true worshippers of God are in spirit and in truth. Is truth a matter of human perception or is truth from God?

I remember a history lesson where human perception declared the earth was flat. Men were put to death by a religous organization claiming the earth to be flat. Did that religous organization have the truth from God concerning this matter?

according to recordings of Jesus own words, if you want to be great in the kingdom you must keep the Law to fulfill the law and teach others to do the same.

I'm teaching with this link that the Laws of God are a baseline for truth and a light to the world for the testimony of God is greater than the testimony of man. Man will only live by every word that proceeded from the mouth of God. See the Law.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf[/url]

God Bless[/font][/size]
[/i]

Edited by todd_vetter33

todd_vetter33

I came here to the debate table to discuss and debate the information which I share at this link.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf[/url]

Instead of debate on the topic presented, I am greeted with indignation and opinions with out receiving any evidence to support the view that goes contrary to what I have come to share and debate. How can one claim that what I have come to share is false if they do not take the time to review it and illustrate any area of testimony that is not presenting a truth based on the evidence presented? I'm only asking for a page number and the illustration of testimony on a single page that is presenting somthing false. How can anyone make a better case for truth regarding this topic with out providing evidence of greater truth and illustrating my Error?

Will there be a real debate that will lead to the discovery of truth for me or for you; or will we simply see more animated graphix and opinion? You are group of people self proclaimed to be the pillars and source of truth. Please show me the truth by illustrating where I am not preseting a truth on pages 1-36 of this shared study. help me see the light of truth that God has given you. In the name of truth for the love of truth is ask this of you.

God Bless

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='26 March 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1269637556' post='2080874']
So basically you are claiming that the Catechism is a greater truth than the Law that proceeded from the Mouth of God as recorded in the Catholic Bible and Jewish torah?

[/quote]
No. I'm telling you your criticism was inaccurate.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 March 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1269630724' post='2080753']
Todd, please try to get this through your skull:

You have zero authority with us. Everything we believe is available to you elsewhere. Your study means exactly croutons because it's based on your personal revelation. Stop quoting the KJV, nimrod. We don't use it. [b]Ask God, He'll tell you: "Yep, they don't use the KJV. You're embarrassing me, Todd. Go buy a Douay, already!" (thunderclap).[/b]

Go. Read. Church. Documents.

Remember: Zero authority.
[/quote]
:lol_roll:

Even if God told him to the contrary, Todd would still insist he's right...

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 March 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1269637800' post='2080880']
No. I'm telling you your criticism was inaccurate.
[/quote]

Please provide evidence of your statement.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='26 March 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1269637860' post='2080882']
Winchester, on 26 March 2010 - 03:12 PM, said:

Todd, please try to get this through your skull:

You have zero authority with us. Everything we believe is available to you elsewhere. Your study means exactly croutons because it's based on your personal revelation. Stop quoting the KJV, nimrod. We don't use it. [b]Ask God, He'll tell you: "Yep, they don't use the KJV. You're embarrassing me, Todd. Go buy a Douay, already!" (thunderclap).[/b]

Go. Read. Church. Documents.

Remember: Zero authority.
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_roll.gif[/img]

Even if God told him to the contrary, Todd would still insist he's right...

[/quote]

Even the douey reiems presents the same issues that I have illustrated below which cmotherofpirl has grown silent on answering.

I know the bible describes scripture to be God breathed words of truth by inspiration of God and this is what my study establishes. Yet you find in the Catholic Bible which you reference above; Not all recordings are a perfect reflection of scripture (Truth from God) or a perfect reflection of the historical event it attempts to record. Below are examples from the books you illustrated in your last post.
[b]2 Timothy 3:16[/b]
All [b]Scripture[/b] is given by inspiration of [b]God[/b], and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Evidence:
Only one of the below recordings found in the list of References you listed for scripture in your prior post are true scripture. Only one of the below recordings which allegedly occured at the same point in history get to be a true written reflection of the words that proceeded from the mouth of God's son by inspiration of God.

Matthew 16:21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, [u][color="#ff0000"]and be raised the[/color][color="#ff0000"] third day. [/color]

[/u]Mark 8:31 And he began to teach them that the Son of man must suffer many things and be rejected of the elders and of the chief priests and scribes and be killed, [color="#0000ff"][u]and after three days rise again.[/u]

[/color]Page 11 of the link referenced study gives a clear illustration why the truth vs error are important to recognize between these two recordings.

[color="#0000ff"]As detailed in the study that I share in reference to the anointing in Bethany based on the Catholic doctrine which you listed. the book of John places this single one time event 6 days before the Passover, Matt and Mark place this same event 2 days before the passover. Which is telling the truth by inspiration of God?

Regarding Jesus driving out the money changers from the temple. Matt and Luke imply this event to have occured the same day as the triumphal entry. Mark clearly illustrates this single one time event occuring the day after the triumphal entry. The book of John implies this event occured 2 years before it actually happend. Who is telling the truth inspired by God?[/color]

Who in Catholic doctrine is telling the truth inspired by the Holy Spirit for these events? Which of the accounts for the illustrated events are spurious gospels, fragments etc?

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics. pdf[/url]

I can remove what you call fictitional writings and you are still left with the same issues I have illustrated above. Please explian and give evidence for why Catholic Bible testimony is more credible for the events listed in comparison to the rejected catholic doctrine the study displays which you claim is fictitional.

God Bless

Edited by todd_vetter33

todd_vetter33

I came here to the debate table to discuss and debate the information which I share at this link.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"][color="#284b72"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics.pdf[/color][/url]

Instead of debate on the topic presented, I am greeted with indignation and opinions taking the conversation off topic. I have yet to recieve any evidence to support the view that goes contrary to what I have come to share and debate. What I share is claimed to be false by a by many who have yet to even open the document and illustrate where what I am sharing is false. I'm simply asking for a page number 1-36 which presents anything false. Am I asking too much?

How can one claim that what I have come to share is false if they do not take the time to review it and illustrate any area of testimony that is not presenting a truth based on the evidence presented? I'm only asking for a page number and the illustration of testimony on a single page that is presenting somthing false. How can anyone make a better case for truth regarding this topic with out providing evidence of greater truth and illustrating my Error?

Will there be a real debate that will lead to the discovery of truth for me or for you; or will we simply see more animated graphix and opinion? You are group of people self proclaimed to be the pillars and source of truth. Please show me the truth by illustrating where I am not preseting a truth on pages 1-36 of this shared study. help me see the light of truth that God has given you. In the name of truth for the love of truth is ask this of you.

For those not interested. There are many other threads with many other topics of discussion. Please feel free to spend your time there if this is a waste of your time. I do appriciate you being here to prove my many points to the many who are monitoring this thread.

God Bless

Edited by todd_vetter33

dominicansoul

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='26 March 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1269638446' post='2080887']

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"][color="#284b72"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics.pdf[/color][/url]

Instead of debate on the topic presented, I am greeted with indignation and opinions with out receiving any evidence to support the view that goes contrary to what I have come to share and debate. How can one claim that what I have come to share is false if they do not take the time to review it and illustrate any area of testimony that is not presenting a truth based on the evidence presented? I'm only asking for a page number and the illustration of testimony on a single page that is presenting somthing false. How can anyone make a better case for truth regarding this topic with out providing evidence of greater truth and illustrating my Error?

For those not interested. There are many other threads with many other topics of discussion. Please feel free to spend your time there if this is a waste of your time. I do appriciate you being here to prove my many points to the many who are monitoring this thread.

God Bless
[/quote]

Perhaps, it is as good Catholics we must obey what the Lord Jesus has commanded us about those who aren't really interested in knowing the Truth:

"[b]Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them underfoot, and turn and tear you to pieces."[/b]

Edited by dominicansoul

todd_vetter33

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='26 March 2010 - 04:24 PM' timestamp='1269638680' post='2080890']
Perhaps, it is as good Catholics we must obey what the Lord Jesus has commanded us about those who aren't really interested in knowing the Truth:

"[b]Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them underfoot, and turn and tear you to pieces."[/b]
[/quote]

Who in this thread has been agressively trying to tear one to peices? Truth is holy this I know.

I have a simple humble request. Illustrate my Error so that i can see truth. Please provide page number 1-36 for the topic at hand. If you can do this. I will leave. Untill then it could be said that I am throwing pearls to swine and the evidence of replies illustrates those who are trampling. The bolded quote could go either way depending on what side of the perceptional fence you are on. Only one of us is on the side of truth holding pearls.. One of us is certainly trampling pearls into mud and rending the other.

If I am on the side of Error and trampling truth into mud. Simply give the page number in which I am doing this so I can make correction to what is illustrated.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics.pdf[/url]

God Bless

Edited by todd_vetter33

dominicansoul

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='26 March 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1269639104' post='2080893']
Who in this thread has been agressively trying to tear one to peices? Truth is holy this I know.

I have a simple humble request. Illustrate my Error so that i can see truth. Please provide page number 1-36 for the topic at hand. If you can do this. I will leave. Untill then it could be said that I am throwing pearls to swine and the evidence of replies illustrates those who are trampling. The bolded quote could go either way depending on what side of the perception you are on. Only one of us is on the side of truth holding pearls.. One of us is certainly trampling pearls into mud and rending the other.

If I am on the side of Error and trampling truth into mud. Simple give the page number in which I am doing this so I can make correction to what is illustrated.

God Bless
[/quote]

you have been given ample instructions and comments from those here, but you absolutely refuse them. I don't think anyone on this phorum should waste any time giving you anymore if you absolutely refuse to accept what has already been given to you. You are very stubborn, as all your threads and posts have displayed. You don't want to know the Truth. You are convinced you already possess it. So, why should any of us bother feeding what is holy to the dog? You have only shredded and spit on what has already been given to you. Sorry, but our Faith is way too precious to be wasted on swine.

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='26 March 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1269637556' post='2080874']
[/quote]
Where in his post did he say that? Please provide the exact words.

I'll explain the relationship between the two as I do with my 8th faith formation class, using a sport analogy.

The Bible is the rule book. The Catechism is the game plan. Any questions?

todd_vetter33

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='26 March 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1269639287' post='2080896']
you have been given ample instructions and comments from those here, but you absolutely refuse them. I don't think anyone on this phorum should waste any time giving you anymore if you absolutely refuse to accept what has already been given to you. You are very stubborn, as all your threads and posts have displayed. You don't want to know the Truth. You are convinced you already possess it. So, why should any of us bother feeding what is holy to the dog? You have only shredded and spit on what has already been given to you. Sorry, but our Faith is way too precious to be wasted on swine.
[/quote]

[color="#0000ff"]Which cartoon illustration was the ample instruction you speak of? I have not been Given what I have asked. many have referred me back to the same documents I call to question regarding the truth and yet the same issues still remain. Maybe you would like to answer the questions I address in this post. Or is truth a waste of your time?
[/color]
I know the bible describes scripture to be God breathed words of truth by inspiration of God and this is what my study establishes. Yet you find in the Catholic Bible which you reference above; Not all recordings are a perfect reflection of scripture (Truth from God) or a perfect reflection of the historical event it attempts to record. Below are examples from the books you illustrated in your last post.
All [b]Scripture[/b] is given by inspiration of [b]God[/b], and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Evidence:
Only one of the below recordings found in the list of References you listed for scripture in your prior post are true scripture. Only one of the below recordings which allegedly occured at the same point in history get to be a true written reflection of the words that proceeded from the mouth of God's son by inspiration of God.

Matthew 16:21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, [u][color="#ff0000"]and be raised the third day.
[/color]
[/u]Mark 8:31 And he began to teach them that the Son of man must suffer many things and be rejected of the elders and of the chief priests and scribes and be killed, [color="#0000ff"][u]and after three days rise again.[/u]

[/color][color="#0000ff"]Page 11 of the link referenced study gives a clear illustration why the truth vs error are important to recognize between these two recordings[/color].

[color="#0000ff"]As detailed in the study that I share in reference to the anointing in Bethany based on the Catholic doctrine which you listed. the book of John places this single one time event 6 days before the Passover, Matt and Mark place this same event 2 days before the passover. Which is telling the truth by inspiration of God?

Regarding Jesus driving out the money changers from the temple. Matt and Luke imply this event to have occured the same day as the triumphal entry. Mark clearly illustrates this single one time event occuring the day after the triumphal entry. The book of John implies this event occured 2 years before it actually happend. Who is telling the truth inspired by God?

[/color]Who in Catholic doctrine is telling the truth inspired by the Holy Spirit for these events? Which of the accounts for the illustrated events are spurious gospels, fragments etc?

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics. pdf[/url]

I can remove what you call fictitional writings and you are still left with the same issues I have illustrated above. Please explian and give evidence for why Catholic Bible testimony is more credible for the events listed in comparison to the rejected catholic doctrine the study displays which you claim is fictitional.

God Bless

Edited by todd_vetter33

todd_vetter33

[quote name='kamiller42' date='26 March 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1269639392' post='2080898']
Where in his post did he say that? Please provide the exact words.

I'll explain the relationship between the two as I do with my 8th faith formation class, using a sport analogy.

The Bible is the rule book. The Catechism is the game plan. Any questions?
[/quote]

[color="#0000ff"]Regarding your quote of my words, I was simply asking a question due to what was clearly implied by His statement. Regarding any more questions.... Yes... What does the Catechism have to do with the many questions I have addressed in this thread? These questions below which are highlighted were directed at cmotherofpirl and are left unanswered.

[/color]I know the bible describes scripture to be God breathed words of truth by inspiration of God and this is what my study establishes. Yet you find in the Catholic Bible which you reference above; Not all recordings are a perfect reflection of scripture (Truth from God) or a perfect reflection of the historical event it attempts to record. Below are examples from the books you illustrated in your last post.

Evidence:

Matthew 16:21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, [u][color="#ff0000"]and be raised the third day.

[/color][/u]Mark 8:31 And he began to teach them that the Son of man must suffer many things and be rejected of the elders and of the chief priests and scribes and be killed, [u][color="#0000ff"]and after three days rise again.[/color][/u]

[color="#0000ff"]Page 11 of the link referenced study gives a clear illustration why the truth vs error are important to recognize between these two recordings.

As detailed in the study that I share in reference to the anointing in Bethany based on the Catholic doctrine which you listed. the book of John places this single one time event 6 days before the Passover, Matt and Mark place this same event 2 days before the passover. [u][b]Which is telling the truth by inspiration of God?
[/b][/u]
Regarding Jesus driving out the money changers from the temple. Matt and Luke imply this event to have occured the same day as the triumphal entry. Mark clearly illustrates this single one time event occuring the day after the triumphal entry. The book of John implies this event occured 2 years before it actually happend. [u][b]Who is telling the truth inspired by God?
[/b][/u][/color]
Who in Catholic doctrine is telling the truth inspired by the Holy Spirit for these events? Which of the accounts for the illustrated events are spurious gospels, fragments etc?

God Bless

Edited by todd_vetter33

dominicansoul

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='26 March 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1269639638' post='2080900']
Which cartoon illustration was the ample instruction you speak of? I have not been Given what I have asked. many have referred me back to the same documents I call to question regarding the truth and yet the same issues still remain. Maybe you would like to answer the questions I address in this post. Or is truth a waste of your time?

Evidence:

Matthew 16:21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, [u]and be raised the third day.

[/u]Mark 8:31 And he began to teach them that the Son of man must suffer many things and be rejected of the elders and of the chief priests and scribes and be killed, [u]and after three days rise again.[/u]

Page 11 of the link referenced study gives a clear illustration why the truth vs error are important to recognize between these two recordings.

As detailed in the study that I share in reference to the anointing in Bethany based on the Catholic doctrine which you listed. the book of John places this single one time event 6 days before the Passover, Matt and Mark place this same event 2 days before the passover. Which is telling the truth by inspiration of God?

Regarding Jesus driving out the money changers from the temple. Matt and Luke imply this event to have occured the same day as the triumphal entry. Mark clearly illustrates this single one time event occuring the day after the triumphal entry. The book of John implies this event occured 2 years before it actually happend. Who is telling the truth inspired by God?

God Bless
[/quote]
[b]"Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them underfoot, and turn and tear you to pieces."[/b]

todd_vetter33

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='26 March 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1269639762' post='2080902']
[b]"Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them underfoot, and turn and tear you to pieces."[/b]
[/quote]

Define according to your current perception what is holy. I know truth to be holy and you claim you have shared truth. Bare witness by illustrating my Error in understanding on any page 1-36. Simply give the page number and a clear illustration of my Error so that I can repent. You have claimed that correct instruction has been given yet I have seen no page number illustrated where I am presenting any Error in what is presented.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection%20for%20catholics.pdf"]http://www.thedeatha...20catholics.pdf[/url]

God Bless

Edited by todd_vetter33