An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Nope For Pope Ny Times Op-Ed By Maureen Dowd

StMichael

JoanChittister

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='01 April 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1270143614' post='2084878']
I welcome you to Phatmass.

I noticed that you introduced yourself as THE Sr. Joan Chittister in the Check in thread. Be advised, however, that this site prides itself on being orthodox and faithful in complete submission to the Holy Father and to the Magisterium. Topics that you have publicly advocated, such as the ordination of women to the priesthood, are in direct opposition to orthodox Catholic belief.
[/quote]

You "orthodox" Catholics! Are you unaware of the orthodoxy of the great and popular theologians Rahner, Curran, and Kung? These are people who were intimately involved in the life of the Church during the Second Vatican Council. Change is coming!

Marie-Therese

[quote name='JoanChittister' date='01 April 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1270143787' post='2084881']
You "orthodox" Catholics! Are you unaware of the orthodoxy of the great and popular theologians Rahner, Curran, and Kung? These are people who were intimately involved in the life of the Church during the Second Vatican Council. Change is coming!
[/quote]

Great and popular theologians, while very nice, do not supersede the word of Almighty God.

Change IS coming, as you stated. More and more Catholics, especially of the younger generation, see the sins of their elders and are working to rectify them. They are actively campaigning to do away with the rampant liturgical abuses that have allowed the smoke of Satan into the Church. They are supporting the Apostolic Visitation of the religious communities in the United States to ensure that those who claim to be consecrated to Christ are, in truth, actually living Christ's word and being obedient to the Holy Mother Church. Catholics have grown weary of being spoon fed this 1960s brand pablum of freedom and "patriarchal oppression" and all this other nonsense. Real, liberated, FREE women feel no desire to claim faithfulness to a church they obviously have no intention of being obedient to, because only in obedience to God is true freedom found.

May God grant you mercy, Ms. Chittister.

JoanChittister

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='01 April 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1270144305' post='2084890']
Great and popular theologians, while very nice, do not supersede the word of Almighty God.

Change IS coming, as you stated. More and more Catholics, especially of the younger generation, see the sins of their elders and are working to rectify them. They are actively campaigning to do away with the rampant liturgical abuses that have allowed the smoke of Satan into the Church. They are supporting the Apostolic Visitation of the religious communities in the United States to ensure that those who claim to be consecrated to Christ are, in truth, actually living Christ's word and being obedient to the Holy Mother Church. Catholics have grown weary of being spoon fed this 1960s brand pablum of freedom and "patriarchal oppression" and all this other nonsense. Real, liberated, FREE women feel no desire to claim faithfulness to a church they obviously have no intention of being obedient to, because only in obedience to God is true freedom found.

May God grant you mercy, Ms. Chittister.
[/quote]

We need to take over the Church by force! It's not I who've been brainwashed!

HisChildForever

[quote name='JoanChittister' date='01 April 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1270143787' post='2084881']
You "orthodox" Catholics!
[/quote]

Um, what? Are you not faithful to the Magisterium?

Marie-Therese

[quote name='JoanChittister' date='01 April 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1270144493' post='2084894']
We need to take over the Church by force! It's not I who've been brainwashed!
[/quote]

:rolling:

With what force? Are you so confused by hippie theology that you think one marauding band of unfaithful "sisters" are going to take down the Holy Father? With what, the blinding gleam off of your representative lapel pin?

JoanChittister

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='01 April 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1270144599' post='2084897']
Um, what? Are you not faithful to the Magisterium?
[/quote]

I'm faithful to the magisterium of theologians, which includes myself. More importantly, my conscience tells me that the bishops are wrong, and that's what I have to go by.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Socrates' date='01 April 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1270144785' post='2084903']
The sweater-nuns are coming!

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.
[/quote]

Hey man, those lapel pins can be sharp.

HisChildForever

[quote name='JoanChittister' date='01 April 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1270144815' post='2084904']
I'm faithful to the magisterium of theologians, which includes myself. More importantly, my conscience tells me that the bishops are wrong, and that's what I have to go by.
[/quote]

Quick, someone hand me the holy water!

JoanChittister

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='01 April 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1270144678' post='2084900']
:rolling:

With what force? Are you so confused by hippie theology that you think one marauding band of unfaithful "sisters" are going to take down the Holy Father? With what, the blinding gleam off of your representative lapel pin?
[/quote]

You amuse me. You don't think we have a big enough infrastructure? We've convinced most of the nations in the western hemisphere of the truth of our theology. Who taught you to stand up for your views? You've probably never even seen the way womyn are treated in the real world.

Marie-Therese

I have to go to prayer now, which is something, Ms. Chittister, that I would highly advise you do as well. May God give you light and mercy. I will be back later to continue the conversation.

JoanChittister

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='01 April 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1270144924' post='2084910']
You've opened my eyes Sister Joan, thank you. Who needs Catholicism.
[/quote]

Brother Adam, which religious order do you belong to? I intend to report you to your superiors.

HisChildForever

[quote name='JoanChittister' date='01 April 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1270144939' post='2084911']
You amuse me. You don't think we have a big enough infrastructure? We've convinced most of the nations in the western hemisphere of the truth of our theology. Who taught you to stand up for your views? You've probably never even seen the way womyn are treated in the real world.
[/quote]

Womyn? Is this a new gender, or perhaps a new species?