Laudate_Dominum Posted April 7, 2010 Author Posted April 7, 2010 [quote name='Paddington' date='07 April 2010 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1270664925' post='2088568'] Sorry? [/quote] Lol, nowayman, I was totally joking around. I'm never really serious on the interwebs.
laetitia crucis Posted April 7, 2010 Posted April 7, 2010 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='07 April 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1270663483' post='2088535'] The real answer is that I was raised without a father figure and growing up I watched Star Trek so much that the character of Spock became my surrogate father. I suppose my father was a fusion of Spock, Kirk, and McCoy. This explains everything about me. Thank you, I've now resolved my childhood issues. [/quote] I wish my dad was a fusion of Spock, Kirk, and McCoy. That would have been most excellent. Instead.... yeah.... So... If you end up taking after your Spock-Kirk-McCoy "father", and raising your family as such... well, that could make life really amusing for said family. Aaand, if by chance Luthien was raised by Picard-Data-Riker-Worf-Geordi-Deanna-Beverly, I'd say this is a win-win situation for Trekkie offspring.
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 7, 2010 Author Posted April 7, 2010 We hope to be as cool as this family. [IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/randominium/star-trek-family.jpg[/IMG]
Marie-Therese Posted April 7, 2010 Posted April 7, 2010 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='07 April 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1270665687' post='2088581'] We hope to be as cool as this family. [IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/randominium/star-trek-family.jpg[/IMG] [/quote] Let me translate. Dad: "This iz teh awesomez." Mom: "Dear God, make it stop." Youngest child in middle: "Do I get the cool laser? Do I? DO I?" Son in red: "I hope that I don't get killed. The guy in the red shirt is [i]always[/i] the one to die. I'm expendable Trek cast member #3." Oldest son: "Chicks dig me." Daughter: "Like, I could totally put a skirt on this and wear it to the mall. It's, like, all tight and stuff. I'm late to cheer practice, dad!"
laetitia crucis Posted April 7, 2010 Posted April 7, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='07 April 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1270665687' post='2088581'] We hope to be as cool as this family. [IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/randominium/star-trek-family.jpg[/IMG] [/quote] There's nothing that says "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!" like a one-piece Deanna Troi uniform. ETA: In middle school, my best friend and I made ST:TNG red uniforms like the one in the picture. Definitely didn't look professional, but we thought it was kewl. Edited April 7, 2010 by laetitia crucis
laetitia crucis Posted April 7, 2010 Posted April 7, 2010 [quote name='Marie-Therese' date='07 April 2010 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1270666258' post='2088588'] Let me translate. Dad: "This iz teh awesomez." Mom: "Dear God, make it stop." Youngest child in middle: "Do I get the cool laser? Do I? DO I?" Son in red: "I hope that I don't get killed. The guy in the red shirt is [i]always[/i] the one to die. I'm expendable Trek cast member #3." Oldest son: "Chicks dig me." Daughter: "Like, I could totally put a skirt on this and wear it to the mall. It's, like, all tight and stuff. I'm late to cheer practice, dad!" [/quote] Especially "Mom".
jeffpugh Posted April 8, 2010 Posted April 8, 2010 [quote name='Marie-Therese' date='07 April 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1270666258' post='2088588'] Let me translate. Dad: "This iz teh awesomez." Mom: "Dear God, make it stop." Youngest child in middle: "Do I get the cool laser? Do I? DO I?" Son in red: "I hope that I don't get killed. The guy in the red shirt is [i]always[/i] the one to die. I'm expendable Trek cast member #3." Oldest son: "Chicks dig me." Daughter: "Like, I could totally put a skirt on this and wear it to the mall. It's, like, all tight and stuff. I'm late to cheer practice, dad!" [/quote] Lullz. Wait, was tight the style in her time period? Mayhaps it's an innovation of the last 20 years?
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 10, 2010 Author Posted April 10, 2010 Random fact of the day: In 1987 the United States Supreme Court ruled in United States v. Stanley, 483 U.S. 669, that a U.S. serviceman who was given LSD without his consent, as part of military experiments, could not sue the U.S. Army for damages. Sad story.
txdinghysailor Posted April 10, 2010 Posted April 10, 2010 At what point during the quenching of a 1045 steel alloy does martensite, ferrite, and cementite form in equal carbon compositions?
ardillacid Posted April 10, 2010 Posted April 10, 2010 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='10 April 2010 - 03:27 AM' timestamp='1270884443' post='2090350'] Random fact of the day: In 1987 the United States Supreme Court ruled in United States v. Stanley, 483 U.S. 669, that a U.S. serviceman who was given LSD without his consent, as part of military experiments, could not sue the U.S. Army for damages. Sad story. [/quote] Your jealousy is showing...
Nihil Obstat Posted April 10, 2010 Posted April 10, 2010 [quote name='txdinghysailor' date='10 April 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1270896997' post='2090362'] At what point during the quenching of a 1045 steel alloy does martensite, ferrite, and cementite form in equal carbon compositions? [/quote] Point 3.
Marie-Therese Posted April 10, 2010 Posted April 10, 2010 [quote name='txdinghysailor' date='10 April 2010 - 06:56 AM' timestamp='1270896997' post='2090362'] At what point during the quenching of a 1045 steel alloy does martensite, ferrite, and cementite form in equal carbon compositions? [/quote] At the austenite grain boundaries?
Bennn Posted April 10, 2010 Posted April 10, 2010 [quote name='txdinghysailor' date='10 April 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1270896997' post='2090362'] At what point during the quenching of a 1045 steel alloy does martensite, ferrite, and cementite form in equal carbon compositions? [/quote] [img]http://www.freefoto.com/images/15/19/15_19_1---Tree--Sunrise--Northumberland_web.jpg[/img] The answer lies behind this tree.
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 10, 2010 Author Posted April 10, 2010 [quote name='txdinghysailor' date='10 April 2010 - 06:56 AM' timestamp='1270896997' post='2090362'] At what point during the quenching of a 1045 steel alloy does martensite, ferrite, and cementite form in equal carbon compositions? [/quote] I've forged a bit of hardware in my day but what is this fancy talk? I wish I knew the answer. [quote name='notardillacid' date='10 April 2010 - 09:19 AM' timestamp='1270905567' post='2090379'] Your jealousy is showing... [/quote] Lawl!
txdinghysailor Posted April 10, 2010 Posted April 10, 2010 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='10 April 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1270938150' post='2090640'] I've forged a bit of hardware in my day but what is this fancy talk? I wish I knew the answer. [/quote] Well basically austenite, martensite, and stuff are different phases of steel. 1045 steel is a carbon-steel that has .45 wt % carbon.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now