IgnatiusofLoyola Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='27 April 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1272421991' post='2101336'] Sounds cool. I haven't seen any sci-fi stuff either. [/quote] One of the films he worked on won an Academy Award, but he mostly does translations of novels now. He says the novel he is working on right now is his best so far, so I may wait until it is released. I'm not much of a sci-fi fan.
Nihil Obstat Posted April 28, 2010 Author Posted April 28, 2010 [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='27 April 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1272422245' post='2101343'] One of the films he worked on won an Academy Award, but he mostly does translations of novels now. He says the novel he is working on right now is his best so far, so I may wait until it is released. I'm not much of a sci-fi fan. [/quote] Mostly I like Star Wars.
Marie-Therese Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='27 April 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1272419698' post='2101293'] whether I should face East or ad felineium [/quote] That is epically hilarious. As for anime, I didn't mind it so much when I was a lot younger (a friend of mine was heavily into Tenchi Muyo) but now it just irritates me. The Japanese aesthetic in terms of the weird dialogue and the psychotically dramatic pauses is just too much for me. I find that as I age my tolerance levels seem to have hit an inverse Bell curve. LOL
Nihil Obstat Posted April 28, 2010 Author Posted April 28, 2010 [quote name='Marie-Therese' date='27 April 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1272426023' post='2101382'] That is epically hilarious. As for anime, I didn't mind it so much when I was a lot younger (a friend of mine was heavily into Tenchi Muyo) but now it just irritates me. The Japanese aesthetic in terms of the weird dialogue and the psychotically dramatic pauses is just too much for me. I find that as I age my tolerance levels seem to have hit an inverse Bell curve. LOL [/quote] I sorta like the melodrama. Cartoons in the west seem to have zero emotional depth. Anime, obviously, veers way off the deep end into that, but on the other hand, cartoons are about extremes anyway. You can't do halfway in a cartoon, it's all or nothing. Although I tend to keep track of what I call "WTF([size="1"]reak/uzz/lip[/size]) Moments". They tend to come anywhere between 0.5-3 times per half hour episode, depending on the specific series.
Nihil Obstat Posted April 28, 2010 Author Posted April 28, 2010 UPDATE: I crawled into bed at 3. Big mistake, because I'd been drinking caffeine not too long before that. It was either 5am or 6am before I fell asleep. I can't tell which. Then I got up at 10, which wasn't so bad, but the sleep wasn't very restful. One final at 3:30, one at 7, then it's all over.
aalpha1989 Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='28 April 2010 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1272472538' post='2101586'] UPDATE: I crawled into bed at 3. Big mistake, because I'd been drinking caffeine not too long before that. It was either 5am or 6am before I fell asleep. I can't tell which. Then I got up at 10, which wasn't so bad, but the sleep wasn't very restful. One final at 3:30, one at 7, then it's all over. [/quote] Sorry. I've done exactly the same thing many times...
Nihil Obstat Posted April 28, 2010 Author Posted April 28, 2010 Oh, also it's snowing rather heavily this morning.
jeffpugh Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 I like looking at the animé. Forget reading your posts
aalpha1989 Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 it's snowing this late in April???? You're so lucky. I love snow and I grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Can we trade?
Nihil Obstat Posted April 28, 2010 Author Posted April 28, 2010 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='28 April 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1272472782' post='2101595'] I like looking at the animé. Forget reading your posts [/quote] Works for me. Cookies? My secretary really does everything. [img]http://th01.deviantart.com/fs4/300W/i/2005/137/1/8/Is_It_Love__by_Ao_Li.jpg[/img] [quote name='aalpha1989' date='28 April 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1272472817' post='2101596'] it's snowing this late in April???? You're so lucky. I love snow and I grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Can we trade? [/quote] It's entirely unremarkable for their to be snow any day of the summer. Last year I was hiking through a bona fide blizzard in the second week of May.
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 He is like a Mountie, he always gets his man And he'll zap you any way he can [i]Zap![/i]
Nihil Obstat Posted April 28, 2010 Author Posted April 28, 2010 [img]http://www.terma-nator.com/images/motivation/dont-taze-me-bro-demotivational-pos.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted April 28, 2010 Author Posted April 28, 2010 ONE TEST LEFT ALMOST DONE I NEED A MARK PROBABLY AT LEAST IN THE LOW SEVENTIES TO PASS THIS COURSE OTHERWISE I'LL HAVE TO TAKE IT AGAIN NEXT SEMESTER WHICH WOULD BE PRETTY LAME ALTHOUGH NOT THE END OF THE WORLD BWAAAAAA~~!!!~ [img]http://moetron.com/newfiles/luckystar_op001.jpg[/img]
Tridenteen Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 JMJ I hate to tell you this Nihil, but I have really seen no extra hyperness in your hyper manner. It might of helped actually, since you haven't been in the Ladies' Rest Area recently. Caffeine is cool. It is what manages to keep me efficiently babysitting till midnight, keep up on school work, and go to Church. I regulate myself to coka cola and chocolate, but you can get a buzz of of them. I have heard snorting whipped cream spray bottles will give you the same effect as 8 bottles of red bull though...anyone willing to try? And don't say Rexi will do it for ya wimps.
Selah Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='28 April 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1272473448' post='2101608'] [img]http://www.terma-nator.com/images/motivation/dont-taze-me-bro-demotivational-pos.jpg[/img] [/quote]
MIKolbe Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 [quote name='Tridenteen' date='28 April 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1272498000' post='2101875'] JMJ I hate to tell you this Nihil, but I have really seen no extra hyperness in your hyper manner. It might of helped actually, since you haven't been in the Ladies' Rest Area recently. Caffeine is cool. It is what manages to keep me efficiently babysitting till midnight, keep up on school work, and go to Church. I regulate myself to coka cola and chocolate, but you can get a buzz of of them. I have heard snorting whipped cream spray bottles will give you the same effect as 8 bottles of red bull though...anyone willing to try? And don't say Rexi will do it for ya wimps. [/quote]
Marie-Therese Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 [quote name='Tridenteen' date='28 April 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1272498000' post='2101875'] JMJ I hate to tell you this Nihil, but I have really seen no extra hyperness in your hyper manner. It might of helped actually, since you haven't been in the Ladies' Rest Area recently. Caffeine is cool. It is what manages to keep me efficiently babysitting till midnight, keep up on school work, and go to Church. I regulate myself to coka cola and chocolate, but you can get a buzz of of them. I have heard snorting whipped cream spray bottles will give you the same effect as 8 bottles of red bull though...anyone willing to try? And don't say Rexi will do it for ya wimps. [/quote] Uhhhh.... Huffing the nitrous oxide out of whipped cream cans is considered drug abuse and kills a lot of people. Not to bum out the lame board, but it's considered abusing inhalants. I know you probably didn't know that. Just so you know.
Tridenteen Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 [quote name='Marie-Therese' date='28 April 2010 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1272503067' post='2101926'] Uhhhh.... Huffing the nitrous oxide out of whipped cream cans is considered drug abuse and kills a lot of people. Not to bum out the lame board, but it's considered abusing inhalants. I know you probably didn't know that. Just so you know. [/quote] JMJ Oh yeah, I kniw that. Some group of college kids decided to huff every day after school in a wal mart in my town. They missed the security cameras and didn't realize that they should have gone somewhere else. They told the press thaty they had issues staying awake in classes.
Nihil Obstat Posted April 29, 2010 Author Posted April 29, 2010 Its pretty unlikely that I passed stats. I suppose I'll retake it this summer. Looking into that tomorrow.
Selah Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 [img]http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/celebrity-pictures-dwight.jpg?w=492&h=454[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now