An Old School Catholic Message Board

Convent Tattoo Ideas

vee

TeresaBenedicta

They're coming, they're coming!! :smile2:

I'm waiting until I can clean it up a little and get rid of the little specs of blood since that makes some of the colors look funny.

I thought of our conversation as we were getting it, hahaha!!!

IrishSalesian

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1283613919' post='2167785']
They're coming, they're coming!! :smile2:
I thought of our conversation as [b]we[/b] were getting it, hahaha!!!
[/quote]

You and another person got it? :think:

Edited by IrishSalesian

laetitia crucis

[quote name='IrishSalesian' timestamp='1283615083' post='2167792']
[/quote]

Wish it was ME. :ninja:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='IrishSalesian' timestamp='1283615083' post='2167792']
[/quote]

Well, actually... My sister-in-law got one as well. Not the same thing, though.

LC, you should go get one-- you only have a few weeks left!!! Hahaha.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1283617526' post='2167810']
Well, actually... My sister-in-law got one as well. Not the same thing, though.

LC, you should go get one-- you only have a few weeks left!!! Hahaha.
[/quote]

I am seriously tempted. I'd really like something super simple. Like this: T[size="1"][size=1]M[/size][/size]

Now that I've thought about it, I'm too paranoid to get "Jesus" written Aramaic since I don't know Aramaic or anyone that knows it. :hehe2: Although, I'd really like that simply because that's the language He spoke.

The other thing is, I'd want it on my wrist. That's the only place I'd want it. Granted, it would be on the same wrist I wear my watch... so... it's somewhat concealed, right? :sweat:

Maybe the greek abbreviations you see on Icons? such as Jesus Christ pantocrator or the like the words are all abreviated to two letters each. I don't know how to write it with my keyboard though. Maybe I can draw it in flockdraw if you'd be interested,

TeresaBenedicta

I wanted it on my wrist too, but my dad was against that. And I couldn't get all of what I wanted small enough to look good on my wrist, so I got it right above my left ankle.

This picture isn't the best (sorry!), but it gives you a good idea of what it looks like. The gold is speckled with some dried blood, so it's not as gold as it will be eventually. I got it as a sign of my consecration to the Blessed Mother.

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l88eerk9Dc1qzdzqio1_500.jpg[/img]

Oh I love that. I've also been thinking of getting the sacred heart and/or the immaculate heart. The ones on the wallpapers on phatmass are beautiful.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Maria Faustina' timestamp='1282779127' post='2163250']
This is a great thread!

Ok sooo..... I would get a bulll. I'm actually planning on getting it on my 18th birthday if in a year I still like the idea.

I know what you're thinking... but here are my reasons:

1) Have you ever read "Ferdinand the Little Bull"? That book pretty much describes my life and it was my favorite book when I was a little girl. I ended up in a place I never thought I'd be. It reminds me a lot of the struggles I'm fighting that I don't want to be fighting, but eventually, I will be able to sit back under my cork tree.
2) St. Thomas Aquinas is pretty much my favorite saint. He was called the "Dumb Ox" because many of his classmates took his quiet demeanor for stupidity and ridiculed him. But he became so much greater than anyone could have ever imagined- This reminds me to allow God to make me the person *He* wants me to be instead of who I want to be, because His plans are greater than my own.
3) The people of the old testament used to sacrifice bulls to repent for their sins. This reminds me to constantly make up for my sins and the sins of all souls by making sacrifices. It also reminds me of Jesus, who was willing sacrificed to make up for our sins.
4) Bulls are stubborn...I am one of the most stubborn people you might meet. This can be a bad quality most of the time. However, this stubborness has caused me to be stubbornly stuck on following the Lord even after I fail.
5) Bulls are ferocious. When they are faced with a fight, they go big or go home. This reminds me to always fight to the death for what I love and what I believe in.

I want to get it on my upper arm or my right shoulder.

ohhh and a PS.... soo does anyway know/ have experience with the Nashville Dominicans and tattoos? JUst want to know for future reference :))
thanks guys God bless!
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the Nashies don't mind tattoos...

..and I love the whole idea behind your bull tattoo!! cool!

laetitia crucis

TB, I LOVE IT!!!!

:yahoo:

And, I don't mean to sound morbid, but I really like how the gold looks, speckled with blood. :clapping: