An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Movies You've Seen Recently

Sarah147

[quote name='DemonSlayer' timestamp='1310235386' post='2265003']
I haven't watched Ip Man 2 yet, but the first one was amesome, much better than Jet Li's overrated film Fearless.
[/quote]

I think that most of jet Li's films are overrated… but I've only seen Hero.

The King's Speech:

A. I was expecting a very dry, boring film but it's actually anything but that. I thoroughly enjoyed it… now I know why it won at the Oscars. Great photography.

DemonSlayer

[quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1310590847' post='2267096']
I think that most of jet Li's films are overrated… but I've only seen Hero.
[/quote]
The Jet Li films that I liked were Fist of Legend, Kiss of the Dragon and Unleashed. His worst film by far was The One.

Edited by DemonSlayer

Not A Mallard

The Dark Knight

the best superhero movie ever, unless The Dark Knight Rises can surpass it

Edited by Not A Mallard

TeresaBenedicta

[i]True Grit[/i]

Loved it!

[i]Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt II[/i]

[spoiler]I thought it was great, although not excellent. Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman provided wonderful performances. I was thoroughly disappointed with the [i]final[/i] final battle between Harry and Voldemort. Let's jump off a cliff, fly around Hogwarts, fight in an empty courtyard, and die by crumbling into pieces like Prof. Quirrell. Seriously? It should've happened in the Great Hall, or at least everyone should've been outside for the duel. Where was the dialogue between Harry and Voldemort about the power of love and sacrifice and the call to repentance? And, maybe it's just me, but I thought that the duel ought to have ended like it did in the book- Volemort uses the Killing Curse, Harry uses the Disarming Spell, and it backfires, hits Voldemort and Harry gets the Elder Wand.

I was also disappointed that Fred didn't get a death scene. Or at least more footage of the family grieving.[/spoiler]

DemonSlayer

[quote name='Not A Mallard' timestamp='1311019178' post='2269590']
The Dark Knight

[/quote]
Hopefully it will have Bane seriously injuring Bruce Wayne.

[quote name='Not A Mallard' timestamp='1311019178' post='2269590']
The Dark Knight

[/quote]

I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet, just Batman Begins. Should I get it? I heard it's intense. xD

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1311033582' post='2269769']
[i]True Grit[/i]

Loved it!

[i]Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt II[/i]

[spoiler]I thought it was great, although not excellent. Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman provided wonderful performances. I was thoroughly disappointed with the [i]final[/i] final battle between Harry and Voldemort. Let's jump off a cliff, fly around Hogwarts, fight in an empty courtyard, and die by crumbling into pieces like Prof. Quirrell. Seriously? It should've happened in the Great Hall, or at least everyone should've been outside for the duel. Where was the dialogue between Harry and Voldemort about the power of love and sacrifice and the call to repentance? And, maybe it's just me, but I thought that the duel ought to have ended like it did in the book- Volemort uses the Killing Curse, Harry uses the Disarming Spell, and it backfires, hits Voldemort and Harry gets the Elder Wand.

I was also disappointed that Fred didn't get a death scene. Or at least more footage of the family grieving.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

I so agree with you about Deathly Hallows. Some parts I loved, and other parts I couldn't understand why they changed. At least it wasn't as bad as the travesty that was the Goblet of Fire movie.

I think Batman and Potter are too dark for Catholics. It's not something I like to fill my head with and think about.

Edited by JoyfulLife