An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Movies You've Seen Recently

Sarah147

I have an idea---how about we start posting just a brief line or two about our movies (no visible spoilers of course)?

The Adjustment Bureau

Engrossing suspense with two likable main characters… interesting philosophical film that explores questions asked by humanity about the nature of our existence. I found myself praising God for his mercy and grace and for the faculty of our wills after watching this movie.

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1312779437' post='2283246']
I haven't seen a good movie since "Hook!"
[/quote]

wow. you gotta remedy that.

[quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1312907224' post='2284791']

wow. you gotta remedy that.
[/quote]

Actually, I think Hollywood has to remedy that.

I've seen a lot recently. Just watched Godfather and Good Will Hunting for the first times. In theaters, I've seen Planet of the Apes and Captain America. Neither were awful (actually, I enjoyed both!), which surprised me.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1309661917' post='2262417']
One of the loveliest movies I have seen in a very long time is [i]Arranged[/i] that came out in 2007 and can be found on Netflix. Its a 10 in my book.
[/quote]

I was just about to review this! Watched it on netflix a few nights ago- I'm thinking about getting it from Amazon. It's about two conservative women (one an Orthodox Jew and the other Muslim) in society and dealing with arranged marriages.

Edited by Lisa

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1312924915' post='2285040']
In theaters, I've seen Planet of the Apes and Captain America. [i]Neither were awful [/i](actually, I enjoyed both!), which surprised me.
[/quote] italics added

"Neither were awful" is what we call 'damning with faint praise.' This is exactly why I don't go to the movies - if I'm going to spend the money & the time to watch something, I don't want to walk away saying, "Well, it wasn't awful."