An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Movies You've Seen Recently

Sarah147

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1325005777' post='2358105']
SHERLOCK HOLMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no.. I havent watched it yet though so I guess this was pointless,
but I know for a fact that it is excellent.
[/quote]

You got your facts wrong

Can't remember if I recently posted here, but Crazy, Stupid Love and The Help were probably the best movies I saw this year. There Be Dragons was surprisingly good, too, but not something I would want to watch over and over unless I already had a great love for the subject matter (St. Josemaria).

• 1 month later...

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1325036384' post='2358350']
[b]Pope Dreams[/b] on Netflix streaming

Watched it with my daughter. It was described as a dude who was trying to get money to send his mom to meet the pope before she died, but actually, it was a movie about a boy-girl romance--the pope thing was a minor sub-plot. The version on Netflix seems like it's an edited version (dubbed over cusswords), so it was actually pretty safe for a teen, but I don't think it would have been if the original language was still in it.
[/quote]

Interesting... how did you find out about this movie? Guessing that you did a search for "Pope" or "Catholic?"

[b]Warrior.[/b] One of the best movies I've seen recently. Some parts can be hard to watch, including a crude word here, a little profanity there. Ultimately, its a movie about forgiveness and redemption... I'm not ashamed of the fact that i got a bit teary eyed, (especially if pretty girls read this.)

[b]Rise of the Planet of the Apes. [/b]I really should kick myself but i found myself rooting for the apes and for their revolt; those humans were oppressive jerks. Fortunately, i am physically unable kick myself.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1327794705' post='2376715']
The Grey.

It's got Liam Neeson, a plane crash, wolves and existentialism. Oh, and profanity. Pretty freakin' sweet!
[/quote]

is that the follow up to Taken?

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1327794781' post='2376716']
is that the follow up to Taken?
[/quote]

Nope. Totally different flick. Taken was pretty amesome, though.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1327794914' post='2376722']
Taken was awwwwwwwweeeeeeeeesome. ;)
[/quote]

Did you see the one last year called Unknown? He plays a security analyst who wakes up without an identity. Didn't catch it in theaters, but I heard it was almost as good as Taken.

The Grey was better than Taken, btw.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1327794973' post='2376724']
Did you see the one last year called Unknown? He plays a security analyst who wakes up without an identity. Didn't catch it in theaters, but I heard it was almost as good as Taken.

The Grey was better than Taken, btw.
[/quote]
the last movie i saw in a theatre was Harry Potter 7 part 2. :| We're really bad at watching movies any more. but thanks for the headsup! :)