An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vee8 Answers Your Questions About The Faith

dominicansoul

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1303967657' post='2234169']
The problem lies in the factor whereby holiness is dictated by lack of sleep and/or hour of early rising. I think it is best, then, to just never sleep at all and go to the earliest Mass possible. Or latest in this case. Either that or get stuck in the slacker section of heaven.

[/quote]

There is a slacker section of heaven? Kewl. Count me in.

Up at 10 am. Nice brunch. Lunch at 1:00. Tea at four. Dinner at 7:00. Evening snacks at 10:00. There are people who LOVE to cook. One of our goals in the slacker section will be to make these individuals feel happy and fulfilled. Pizza available 24/7.

I also hear there are people who LOVE to clean. Another goal of the slacker section will be to make THESE individuals feel happy and fulfilled. We are SO selfless.

A third goal will be to drink beer (or any beverage of your choice)--we're kewl with whatever--no worries.

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1304556687' post='2237260']
Vee, is it possible to literally overdose and die from an excess of church meetings?

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I dont know, are the other members gonna kill you for knitting during such meetings?
You could always join a convent where knitting and chatting is par for the course then you wouldnt have to worry! :P

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1304563144' post='2237345']
There is a slacker section of heaven? Kewl. Count me in.

Up at 10 am. Nice brunch. Lunch at 1:00. Tea at four. Dinner at 7:00. Evening snacks at 10:00. There are people who LOVE to cook. One of our goals in the slacker section will be to make these individuals feel happy and fulfilled. Pizza available 24/7.

I also hear there are people who LOVE to clean. Another goal of the slacker section will be to make THESE individuals feel happy and fulfilled. We are SO selfless.

A third goal will be to drink beer (or any beverage of your choice)--we're kewl with whatever--no worries.
[/quote]
I want to get up at 10:30 or maybe noon.
Oh man heaven is going to be so much fun.

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1304563724' post='2237350']
hey vee i wanna a tag! can u bug Dust to give me one! lol
[/quote]

I dont even know how I got the one I have, it just appeared one day. Im serious!

MissScripture

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1304564160' post='2237356']
I dont know, are the other members gonna kill you for knitting during such meetings?
You could always join a convent where knitting and chatting is par for the course then you wouldnt have to worry! :P
[/quote]
You are such a stinker! Now you're going to be twins with DS? Really? Do you want to be that closely associated with her? :harhar:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1304564404' post='2237360']
You are such a stinker! Now you're going to be twins with DS? Really? Do you want to be that closely associated with her? :harhar:
[/quote]

:saint: Well I would've copied your avatar but it's too difficult :( Yeah im not sure I want to be that closely associated with her I mean even her pancreas doesnt like her.

MissScripture

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1304565755' post='2237368']
:saint: Well I would've copied your avatar but it's too difficult :( Yeah im not sure I want to be that closely associated with her I mean even her pancreas doesnt like her.
[/quote]
Don't worry. I'll just attribute everything you say to DS now. :|

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1304566789' post='2237378']
Don't worry. I'll just attribute everything you say to DS now. :|
[/quote]

ok! Carmelites FTW!!!! OPs :sleep3:

Maximilianus

vee, when you become a Trappistine, will you miss your Carmelite sensibilities and Dominican tendancies?

krissylou

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1304597272' post='2237469']
vee, when you become a Trappistine, will you miss your Carmelite sensibilities and Dominican tendancies?
[/quote]

And have you even WRITTEN to the monastery in Arizona where it is WARM and they have a TALL NUN?

Dear Sister Vocation Director,

I am very drawn to your monastery in Arizona. I was discerning with the BC Carmel but guess what, it snows there? I grow weary of snow. Arizona seems great. Also, I am tall. You already have a tall nun, so clearly this is a place for tall nuns.

I wish to arrange an immediate entrance.

Love,

Vee

p.s. yes yes Rule of Benedict, Bernard of Clairvaux, Thomas Merton. Yay them. All great. But tell me more about this lack of snow ...

MargaretTeresa
rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

Also, krissy, I agree with DS's ginormous post above... when are you coming home? Do I need to begin flogging too?

MissScripture

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1304567955' post='2237389']
ok! Carmelites FTW!!!! OPs :sleep3:
[/quote]
Goober

• 2 weeks later...
Maximilianus

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1305495521' post='2241970']
vee, why are you such a slacker?
[/quote]

you can forget about getting any real answer vee, vee tends to pass the buck. maybe if you are lucky she'll post a pic of beer

Maximilianus

Vee, I know I already asked this, and I don't expect much of an answer, but how come the the habits of the carmeltes in old paintings are a lighter shade of brown than current habits.

[size="1"]edited for typo and I like to see my name on both ends of posts[/size]

Edited by Maximilianus