Socrates Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296152089' post='2205093'] This is racist. [/quote] Your face is racist.
Lilllabettt Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 My Mom used to get mad if we didn't practice our instruments. She'd say "why can't you be an asian kid? Those asian kids are playing violin right now. Is it so bad for a mother to want her children to be asian kids?"
MIKolbe Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1296152422' post='2205098'] Your face is racist. [/quote] no.. his face is 'equal opportunity' ugly.
HopefulBride Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1296152474' post='2205099'] My Mom used to get mad if we didn't practice our instruments. She'd say "why can't you be an asian kid? Those asian kids are playing violin right now. Is it so bad for a mother to want her children to be asian kids?" [/quote] I probably shouldn't be laughing reading this but I totally am.
HopefulBride Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 (edited) I like black people myself, I am one after all. I also likes texmexes but my fave are the Blaxicans (My nephew is and he is the most adowable little boy) Edited January 27, 2011 by HopefulBride
dUSt Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='mcts' timestamp='1296154397' post='2205115'] I just like people. [/quote] People are just social constructs.
dUSt Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1296154391' post='2205113'] I like black people myself, I am one after all. I also likes texmexes but my fave are the Blaxicans (My nephew is and he is the most adowable little boy) [/quote] You are black? Woa! Creepy.
Adrestia Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Sternhauser' timestamp='1296110269' post='2204962'] What's "wrong" with us? What, you don't like black people? ~Sternhauser [/quote] I only like the ones that are well spoken, though they're probably only part Negro.
dUSt Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='tgoldson' timestamp='1296154820' post='2205122'] I only like the ones that are well spoken, though they're probably only part Negro. [/quote] My guess is this statement might have been an attempt at humor, but turned out to be pretty racist. Actually, that is confirmed. This statement is very racist.
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296155045' post='2205127'] My guess is this statement might have been an attempt at humor, but turned out to be pretty racist. Actually, that is confirmed. This statement is very racist. [/quote] pssst, tgoldson is black. (...I think...)
Adrestia Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296155045' post='2205127'] My guess is this statement might have been an attempt at humor, but turned out to be pretty racist. [/quote] They were actually honest comments that I received recently at random spots around town. The "part Negro" comment was a month or two ago. When the guy asked me, I wanted to say "no" just to see what his next guess would be. The "well spoken" comment happened a few weeks ago. That guy thought he was giving me a compliment. I didn't have the energy to explain how insulting it actually was.
Guest Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1296155185' post='2205129'] pssst, tgoldson is black. (...I think...) [/quote] Yes.
dUSt Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 Oh, if you're black, then it's not racist. It's funny! But funny in a way where I cannot laugh, but you can. Being black is amesome because you get to laugh at more jokes!
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='tgoldson' timestamp='1296155313' post='2205131'] They were actually honest comments that I received recently at random spots around town. The "part Negro" comment was a month or two ago. When the guy asked me, I wanted to say "no" just to see what his next guess would be. The "well spoken" comment happened a few weeks ago. That guy thought he was giving me a compliment. I didn't have the energy to explain how insulting it actually was. [/quote] Apparently those ignoramuses need to talk to some more white people, because I know plenty who aren't well spoken. Jus' sayin'. My grammar is probably only half as good as it is because of my black grandmother. She was always correcting us when we said something wrong. lol The only grammar "rule" I remember learning from my mom's side of the family is that "ain't" isn't a real word and we shouldn't use it as such.
dUSt Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 I'm not racist. I have a friend who is black!
Adrestia Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296155495' post='2205135'] Oh, if you're black, then it's not racist. It's funny! But funny in a way where I cannot laugh, but you can. Being black is amesome because you get to laugh at more jokes! [/quote] Did you skip my previous post? They weren't jokes. They're not funny. "Racist" is a matter of perspective - neither of the white men who made those statements to me intended to be hurtful.
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296155711' post='2205137'] I'm not racist. I have a friend who is black! [/quote] Friend = Best friend = Spouse?
dUSt Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='tgoldson' timestamp='1296155763' post='2205138'] Did you skip my previous post? They weren't jokes. They're not funny. "Racist" is a matter of perspective - neither of the white men who made those statements to me intended to be hurtful. [/quote] Race is a social construct. I agree. Not funny. But black jokes told by black people are funny. Not to me of course. I don't think they are funny. But my black friends tell me they are, and I agree with them about them thinking they are funny.
fides' Jack Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='tgoldson' timestamp='1296144873' post='2205062'] (Congratulations F.Q.I., you've got soul. Blackness confirmed.) [/quote] I agree. In fact, I've noted it before.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now